Ford Mustang Mach E World Premiere Nov 17 9PM EST

5 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I think Cali's issues aren't exactly power generation, but maintenance of the areas around the power lines-i.e. cutting trees down around power lines and stuff like that.  

5 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I think Cali's issues aren't exactly power generation, but maintenance of the areas around the power lines-i.e. cutting trees down around power lines and stuff like that.  

California is in a heap of hurt. PG&E is bankrupt due to wildfire issues. My guess they will become a ward of the state soon.

On 11/19/2019 at 10:32 PM, T-dubz said:

a lot of people are complaining because sub branding is stupid and is an obvious marketing ploy. If this vehicle is as good as they claim, it could stand on its own and they would have created a new “icon” instead of riding the coat tails of one of their older “icons” that 90% of the public no longer care about. How many millennials and gen z do you see driving mustangs these days? I bet they are more interesting in Tesla with its technology than with mustang and it’s performance. They should have established some kind of brand/name plate that revolves around  electric vehicles with good sporty design and technology. by the time the millennials and gen z are the main car buyers, it would be well established and an “icon” of its own.

as many have said, if they wanted an electric mustang, just do it on the existing vehicle. No one would complain with that, well not as many lol.

Marketing ploy? Of course! A very good marketing ploy. The interest in the Mustang Mach E on the internet is double that of the interest in the ID when VW launched it...

Oh the Compliance car, I'm sure it would have been more efficient however, but it would have doomed Ford's EV future to trucks and vans only.  The Mach E has probably the worst drag coefficient among all the EVs at .30 which seems to hit their range quite hard. 

And indeed the Mustang has really awesome lights with directional chase lights added to the directional chamber lights.  All sorts of extra going on in those fixtures and it makes me happy.  The most exciting aspect of car design to me right now is lighting design and Ford hasn't been great at it until this car.  

Edited by Assimilator

25 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

Oh the Compliance car, I'm sure it would have been more efficient however, but it would have doomed Ford's EV future to trucks and vans only.  The Mach E has probably the worst drag coefficient among all the EVs at .30 which seems to hit their range quite hard. 

And indeed the Mustang has really awesome lights with directional chase lights added to the directional chamber lights.  All sorts of extra going on in those fixtures and it makes me happy.  The most exciting aspect of car design to me right now is lighting design and Ford hasn't been great at it until this car.  

Are you trying to say light "sweeps" out (like the Audis) on that horizontal portion of the taillights in addition to the regular sequential setup?

2 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

what does this mean for the f150 and transit electric models? I thought I had read somewhere that they were using the same batteries?

Well.  That could also mean they have X amount of allocation, and have already split it between F-150/Transit and that's what was available for Mach E after accounting for all the models.

29 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Well.  That could also mean they have X amount of allocation, and have already split it between F-150/Transit and that's what was available for Mach E after accounting for all the models.

It’s also a question of how quick they’ll hit 200k units and start to lose the tax credit. I believe they’re just over 100k units now. 

3 hours ago, Assimilator said:

Agreed... if they had done the compliance car, Ford would have ceded the EV high ground permanently to Tesla and others. Look at how GM is doing with Bolt... It's a appliance car lover's dream but not an aspirational vehicle that people may want to buy.

Edited by bzcat