Ford Mustang Mach E World Premiere Nov 17 9PM EST

43 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Exactly! My wife's comment: "If I could drive it first, then maybe.  I  can't buy something I've never driven."

Unless it's a Bronco ;)

35 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

https://insideevs.com/news/383886/tesla-cybertruck-reservation-count/

take it with a grain of salt but this is saying the Tesla truck could have over 200,000 reservations.

I don't believe that for a second.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I don't believe that for a second.

I don't either really. However, there are enough Tesla zealots out their that would immediately reserve one just to say they did so I would give it a 5% chance at being real. 

Musk is the PT Barnum of the 21st century. He sure can wow the crowd with Vaporware.

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

https://insideevs.com/news/383886/tesla-cybertruck-reservation-count/

take it with a grain of salt but this is saying the Tesla truck could have over 200,000 reservations.

bwahahahaha...grain of salt?...Ill take the whole shaker for 200 Trebec....sidebar...kids are now fetching HUGE money on e-bay for cars they made with cardboard and paste in Kindergarten classes.

Edited by Deanh
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I don't either really. However, there are enough Tesla zealots out their that would immediately reserve one just to say they did so I would give it a 5% chance at being real. 

Musk is the PT Barnum of the 21st century. He sure can wow the crowd with Vaporware.

I liken Elon with Tony Robins.....complete with cult like following...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, passis said:

I'm not used to the market, but the Cybertruck price does not sound bad...

If the $40k Cybertruck version can be ordered via the tesla.com site without signing up additional products and services, it should be a winner.

I'm going to wait until Rivian and Ford unveil their BEV pickup models before I consider placing a reservation for a Cybertruck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, fordmantpw said:

My wife's comment: "If I could drive it first, then maybe.  I  can't buy something I've never driven."

Test drives aren't essential. My wife is now convinced of that too. ? I pre-ordered my 2019 Ranger without driving it first. Did it again a few days ago when I placed a reservation for Mustang Mach-E First Edition.

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

If the $40k Cybertruck version can be ordered via the tesla.com site without signing up additional products and services, it should be a winner.

I'm going to wait until Rivian and Ford unveil their BEV pickup models before I consider placing a reservation for a Cybertruck.

You like how that thing looks?

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

Test drives aren't essential. My wife is now convinced of that too. ? I pre-ordered my 2019 Ranger without driving it first. Did it again a few days ago when I placed a reservation for Mustang Mach-E First Edition.

I'd have no problem reserving or ordering a product I haven't driven.  But I'm not signing the dotted line without driving it first.

• Like 4

Excellent illustrated write-up and interview for the Mach E.  It's just too bad they took the photos with a Potato 3GS or something.

https://jalopnik.com/a-look-at-the-engineering-behind-the-2021-ford-mustang-1839911078?rev=1574451051022&utm_source=jalopnik_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow&utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_twitter

Edited by Assimilator

4 hours ago, rperez817 said:

You should really open your eyes first. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, rperez817 said:

If the $40k Cybertruck version can be ordered via the tesla.com site without signing up additional products and services, it should be a winner

Tesla stock nosedived over 6% today.  From Automotive News:

Cowen analysts wrote in a note.  "While we are pleased to see Tesla enter the most profitable segment of the North American passenger car market, we do not see this vehicle in its current form being a success."

https://www.autonews.com/future-product/futuristic-design-questioned-after-tesla-cybertruck-launch?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20191122&utm_content=article5-headline

21 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

This guy claims to have counted 14,000 reservations as of yesterday, but I'm not clear on his methodology. 

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4308040-ford-gets-14000-reservations-mustang-mach-e-electric-suv

Thanks but have to wonder about his methodology also. I'd have to think that if Ford had 14,000+ reservations that our Ford Zone Manager wouldn't be telling us that there were only 5,000 so far. In addition, Ford is sending the Zone Managers out on the road to dealerships promoting the Mach-E and encouraging dealerships to promote the vehicle on social media. In addition, Ford is running their own digital marketing campaign.  

9 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Tell that to the customers that bought a vehicle without driving it first and then want the dealership to take it back after the finance contracts, motor vehicle registration, etc. have been submitted. 

1 minute ago, ice-capades said:

Really? If Ford was hitting the numbers they were expecting for Mach-E reservations they'd never have their field staff out on the road trying to "sell" the vehicle. 

Thanks for the update.  Why wouldn’t Ford invest resources to sell product?   Isn’t that your job as well?   Selling product for Ford but yet degrading the company for attempting to market a new vehicle?  Nice work.  

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Thanks but have to wonder about his methodology also. I'd have to think that if Ford had 14,000+ reservations that our Ford Zone Manager wouldn't be telling us that there were only 5,000 so far. In addition, Ford is sending the Zone Managers out on the road to dealerships promoting the Mach-E and encouraging dealerships to promote the vehicle on social media. In addition, Ford is running their own digital marketing campaign.  

Never considered the fact that might be world wide pre-sales? I wouldn't get too caught up in the numbers game till December 2021 when its on the market for a year. 

• Like 1

Something kept popping up in my head about the name. Then it hit me. Star Trek!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maquis_(Star_Trek)

There were also Maquis during WWII

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maquis_(World_War_II)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Maquis

The Maquis (French pronunciation: [maˈki]) were rural guerrilla bands of French Resistancefighters, called maquisards, during the Nazi occupation of France in World War II. Initially, they were composed of men and women who had escaped into the mountains to avoid conscription into Vichy France's  Service du travail obligatoire ("Compulsory Work Service" or STO) to provide forced labor for Germany. To avert capture and deportation to Germany, they became increasingly organized into active resistance groups.

2 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Somebody got to Steve Prewitt

Mr. Prewitt's commentary is the most logical and sensible yet from a hardcore traditional Mustang enthusiast. I don't think anybody got to him. But rather Ford really did an "astounding job" (as Mr. Prewitt said) with Mustang Mach-E, including the decision to make it part of the growing Mustang family.

It's great that Mr. Prewitt is thinking ahead about Mustang's future, not just on its past. Keeping the Mustang name alive and active in an automotive industry defined by electrification, autonomous vehicles, and mobility services is important not just for Ford, but for MCA too.

• Like 1