Ford Mustang Mach E World Premiere Nov 17 9PM EST

1 hour ago, mackinaw said:

Looking at Automotive News, he just did.  

typical...but think of this...could you even IMAGINE the backlash Ford would be enduring if they created a monstrosity such as this?....seriously...they are taking enough over utilizing the "Mustang" name on the Mach E....lol

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Deanh said:

typical...but think of this...could you even IMAGINE the backlash Ford would be enduring if they created a monstrosity such as this?....seriously...they are taking enough over utilizing the "Mustang" name on the Mach E....lol

From what I’ve read they are getting bashed for it outside of the Tesla cult followers.

4 minutes ago, akirby said:

The whole thing is a mirage.  Vaporware.  Can it even pass a crash test?

...but one that, apparently, is getting them hundreds of millions dollars-worth of interest-free loans to keep the ponzi going...

Edited by Gurgeh
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, akirby said:

The whole thing is a mirage.  Vaporware.  Can it even pass a crash test?

but its getting air time making Tesla relevant "again"...mission accomplished...I even , aside from its cartoon appearance, question it will be made out of stainless steel....imaging Insurance costs due solely to that...absolute cartoon of a concept....

3 hours ago, Deanh said:

typical...but think of this...could you even IMAGINE the backlash Ford would be enduring if they created a monstrosity such as this?....

No argument from me.  I like when car stylists take chances and try to do something different.  I even like the Citroen DS and Citroen 2Cv, but this Tesla truck is bloody awful.  And the excuse that the extreme angular design is because it makes it easier to stamp the stainless steel, that's a bullshit excuse.  The Delorean was stainless steel and  looked pretty good.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

No argument from me.  I like when car stylists take chances and try to do something different.  I even like the Citroen DS and Citroen 2Cv, but this Tesla truck is bloody awful.  And the excuse that the extreme angular design is because it makes it easier to stamp the stainless steel, that's a bullshit excuse.  The Delorean was stainless steel and  looked pretty good.

I  truly think the production model will look significantly different....unless of course Elon likes his patrons being ;laughing stocks....this ranks right at the top of my ugliest concept car ever list...and theres been some real doozies.

2 minutes ago, YT90SC said:

To each their own on the looks. I like it quite a bit. Will have to seriously consider once my F150 needs replaced. 

I truly doubt it will look exactly like that...mirrors have to be added, windshield wipers ( which will change the hood ) Turn signals...Headlights will need to pass federalized...doubt what they utilize in the concept will work...then theres crash testing, safety etc etc....and I pity the pedestrian getting hit with that Ginzu knife... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I truly doubt it will look exactly like that...mirrors have to be added, windshield wipers ( which will change the hood ) Turn signals...Headlights will need to pass federalized...doubt what they utilize in the concept will work...then theres crash testing, safety etc etc....and I pity the pedestrian getting hit with that Ginzu knife... 

I get it. You hate it, Tesla and Musk. To each their own. 

I like the truck.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YT90SC said:

I get it. You hate it, Tesla and Musk. To each their own. 

I like the truck.  

semi correct on Musk, hes a blowhard, but an exceptional entrepreneur ...Tesla no, nice vehicles barring this one.....but I do think they are grossly over-rated

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Deanh said:

Part of the problem is the cult does not want lectric built on existing ice frames/body characteristics as there respective gassers...ford had no choice by using the pony to make the mach mustang like to garner appeal amongst the traditionalists...the cult has no issue with tesla breaking the truck mode mold....none...i am still unsure if the cult will ever embrace the lectric f150 without a radical depature in design....the killer out there though is the cult does not trust ford technology...i have yet to hear ford explain why there system rivals tesla and is the standard going forth..yet not a peep from ford 

16 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

...but one that, apparently, is getting them hundreds of millions dollars-worth of interest-free loans to keep the ponzi going...

Quoting myself, putting a value on Tesla/Musk is one of the hardest things to do in the financial world for equity investors, bond holders and people who put down hundreds of dollars in deposits for product that is still years away from hoped-for production (providing Tesla with hundreds of millions of dollars in interest-free loans).

This piece explains it well:

---------------------

"Tesla has lost money every year of its existence. There is nothing wrong with this, considering that Musk has created a vertically integrated company in an industry that did not exist 10 years ago. The problem is that these losses have to be financed, and they can be financed by either debt or equity. A company that is losing money has a limited capacity to borrow because it has a limited ability to even pay interest on that debt. Therefore, it has to finance its losses by issuing equity.

"Tesla is not trading on a multiple of today’s or even tomorrow’s earnings; it is trading on a multiple of Elon Musk’s dreams. At times, Tesla, which manufactured 245,000 cars in 2018, has had a greater market cap than General Motors, which produces almost 10 million cars a year. The bigger the dreams, the larger the company’s market cap and the easier it is for Tesla to finance its losses … and to achieve Elon Musk’s dreams. But distinguishing which dreams will turn into realities is incredibly difficult, not just because of the physical attainability of those dreams but because to achieve them Tesla will need more capital.

"So, to project whether Tesla will achieve Musk’s big dreams, you need to have an opinion not just on their attainability but on the question of whether others will have faith in Tesla and Musk long enough to allow the company to issue cheap equity to finance those dreams. Every so often, to keep the dream valuation going, Musk makes an announcement that seems to defy what we believe is possible today."

---------------------

The thing is, he sometimes does the seemingly impossible. Other times the impossible proves to be, well, impossible. Still other times it is somewhat achieved, but years late. Figuring out which will be what and putting a financial valuation on them is itself almost impossible, as is figuring out how and when the company actually starts making annual profits.

https://contrarianedge.com/elon-musks-notorious-promises-why-teslas-future-success-might-not-be-in-his-hands/

Edited by Gurgeh
corrected reference to investor types
  • Like 6

Nobody said Ford’s tech is better than Tesla.  At best it’s very similar.  The important thing is range and performance and that’s been advertised.  Ford BEVs aren’t targeting Tesla loyalists - they’re targeting the other 16M+ people who buy vehicles every year.

I think an electric F150 that still looks and functions like a F150 including all of the functionality that truck buyers expect will be far more successful long term than a cartoonish cybertruck.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Ford BEVs aren’t targeting Tesla loyalists - they’re targeting the other 16M+ people who buy vehicles every year.

The target market for Ford's BEVs is Ford loyalists. There are lot of them, though of course lower than the 16 million new vehicle consumers in the U.S. market

Edited by rperez817