Ford Mustang Mach E World Premiere Nov 17 9PM EST

17 hours ago, Deanh said:

looks sharp in Black...and those wheels aren't on any of the Mach release shots...makes me wonder....different variant...and check out the "hole" in the front grill...whats up?

What hole in the grille?  I just see a reflection.

Those are regular Mach E wheels, just in black:

Image result for mach e

The First Edition of the Mach E has finally sold out.  Ford internally believed they would sell out in 48 hours which wasn't the case unfortuantely.  It's still available overseas.  Just a reminder, 50K are to be made in the first year, but only 20K are slated for the US with a majority going to the EU. 

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/11/27/ford-mustang-mach-e-first-edition-sold-out/

Edited by Assimilator

2 hours ago, Assimilator said:

The First Edition of the Mach E has finally sold out.  Ford internally believed they would sell out in 48 hours which wasn't the case unfortuantely.  It's still available overseas.  Just a reminder, 50K are to be made in the first year, but only 20K are slated for the US with a majority going to the EU. 

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/11/27/ford-mustang-mach-e-first-edition-sold-out/

well, part of the issue is we were getting calls wondering when the car was coming out, and quite a few knew NOTHING about reservations....let alone the process, and at least from our end, there was a tad more interest in the Gt model...but that could just be demographics 

Edited by Deanh

The Mach E looks soo good, the proportions and the smooth seamless surfacing really set it apart from Ford in general.  It sounds crazy, but I like it better than the Mustang Prime.  It looks much more upscale and progressive than other Fords and more closely resemble Lincoln quality.  And when you think about the price, it definitely should be all those things.   I just wish all Fords would look as compelling...I really think Explorer and Escape are notable design misses despite some great proportions.  

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

The Mach E looks soo good, the proportions and the smooth seamless surfacing really set it apart from Ford in general.  It sounds crazy, but I like it better than the Mustang Prime.  It looks much more upscale and progressive than other Fords and more closely resemble Lincoln quality.  And when you think about the price, it definitely should be all those things.   I just wish all Fords would look as compelling...I really think Explorer and Escape are notable design misses despite some great proportions.  

I hope it does well for this exact reason. If it sells well, maybe the aggressive look can be passed on to other vehicles.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 2:03 PM, silvrsvt said:

Looks pretty sharp in the real world. I like how the back roof line looks more sloped then it actually is. 

It still looks under tired to me, but again these are most likely not GT's. Plus, could use more offset on the wheels.

Edited by Harley Lover

Mach E  generally looks a bit pudgy for its narrow low rolling resistance tires.  Tesla seems to handle this style conundrum better by being a little more lean and honest with the EV design.  Ford is putting it on thick to give the Mach E that Mustang look with the bulging body work and blockier front-end. The side-effect is that the car really only looks its best with the incredibly inefficient 20's on the GT.  Most people won't be that preoccupied by it I'm sure, but a good number of Mach Es will be running around with smallish rims and black body cladding which isn't going to flatter the Mustang styling and badging all that well.  It's still a good looking car no matter how much you cheapen it, but the wheels are a sore spot with this design.  

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 1

Because of the black cladding and smallish rims, I think this car looks best in black, seems to slim it down to my eyes anyway.  I know that defeats the trick they did to preserve the coupe profile, but I'm mostly interested in solving the wheel to body ratio.  I'm not sure the huge black wheel trim pieces help or hurt on contrasting colors, but the monochrome black looks classier to me.  

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 10:04 PM, ANTAUS said:

Test driving the Tesla,  my take to the sales man was "This is a great car for people who hate driving"...all he did was show me all the toys and how it drove itself.  And there I am noticing wind noise at 50MPH over my head, which was inches from the sunvisor...a  sunvisor which felt chitzy as an Ipad cover in a GM product. A/C that never blew COLD air (I live in FL). Doors that sounded tinzy when closing. An armrest that belonged in a Yugo. But yes, he did point out all the gadgets. I countered with "My leather seats have cold air" and "I can change the lighting colors in my vehicle, can you ?" LOL

...I don’t know what or when you were driving, but my M3P’s interior is on par with my mom’s 2017 Expedition Limited.  I have a recent 2019 build with the upgraded sound deadening.  It’s quieter than the wife’s CT6 PHEV.  The only thing a I would really change is the center console’s finish.  That glossy black gets a 0 out of 10 from me.  I can’t believe they haven’t changed it yet.  Also, the floor mats are piss poor.  They would rate a 10 out of 10 for being the lowest contract price cheap-out part.  The Tesla branded weathertech one’s are pretty nice, though.

Also, once you get used to that abundant torque on call all the time, going back to anything else feels weird, especially the wife’s hybrid.  The delays between input and action are frustratingly slow.  Body motions are far less controlled in her car, and when we bought it, I held it in high regard for fairly top notch big car handling.  The M3Ps steering response is almost too fast, until you get used to it.  It is so easy to drive smoothly.  Once you get used to how hard it regens, blasting down backroads feels like you have a telepathic relationship with the car.  Honestly I love driving it. People think having that much power on tap has no purpose, but it is so useable and controllable you make use of it all the time.  It really is just about the perfect muscle car.  I just wish they’d make a 2/3 scale Roadster based on the 3 chassis with a targa top for $10k more.  It would be unbelievably fun because it is so much lighter than the S they seemed focused on with the Plaid drivetrain.  The S is just too heavy.

Edited by novanglus
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, novanglus said:

...I don’t know what or when you were driving, but my M3P’s interior is on par with my mom’s 2017 Expedition Limited.  I have a recent 2019 build with the upgraded sound deadening.  It’s quieter than the wife’s CT6 PHEV.  The only thing a I would really change is the center console’s finish.  That glossy black gets a 0 out of 10 from me.  I can’t believe they haven’t changed it yet.  Also, the floor mats are piss poor.  They would rate a 10 out of 10 for being the lowest contract price cheap-out part.  The Tesla branded weathertech one’s are pretty nice, though.

Not sure what year S it was, but this was about 2 years ago, so it might have been an earlier build. It had funky wood pattern on it that looked like Ikea contact paper IMO. It squeaked and generally didn't feel luxurious to me. I perfered the interior on my 2013 SHO instead. 

Found this website-was curious as to recharging an electric car would entail on a long trip and they have the MME in Alpha 

https://abetterrouteplanner.com/

One thing I did notice, its not "cheap' to recharge your BEV. One stop going out to Ohio (which is the longest trip I've driven in the past couple years) cost about $46, which is around what I pay for 93 Premium at 15 gallons or so per tank for my SHO. 

• Like 1