Ford Mustang Mach E World Premiere Nov 17 9PM EST

7 hours ago, T-dubz said:

the risks of tarnishing the mustang name are greater than any benefit the Mach e would get from being associated with it. 

think about it, are sales going to increase at all due to being associated with mustang? Probably not by very much. But if this product turned out to be a complete bust (it won’t) them you’ve ruined the mustang name.

I guess the bigger question is, will people not buy a Mustang because of the Mach E. I’m betting that won’t happen, so it is likely a moot point. 

• Like 1

To the people so opposed to it using the Mustang moniker will you really find yourself thinking about this if you’re driving a Mustang? I mean, why care about something so silly? Just like when the Cayenne came out and people were up in arms over it. The 911 drove no different because of its existence. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Bellanca said:

To the people so opposed to it using the Mustang moniker will you really find yourself thinking about this if you’re driving a Mustang? I mean, why care about something so silly? Just like when the Cayenne came out and people were up in arms over it. The 911 drove no different because of its existence. 

I’m not a fan of sub brands in general because they make for needlessly long names, ie Land Rover Range Rover velar. Sub brands based off of existing vehicles also cause confusion. You see it in any of the threads here about bronco. People have to say things like “bronco bronco” to make sure everyone else knows you are talking about the real bronco vs the baby bronco.

would the name stop me from buying it? No. I just like playing devils advocate while we are waiting for the reveal. 

Edited by T-dubz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, T-dubz said:

I’m not a fan of sub brands in general though because they make for needlessly long names, ie Land Rover Range Rover velar. Sub brands based off of existing vehicles also cause confusion. You see it in any of the threads here about bronco. People have to say things like “bronco bronco” to make sure everyone else knows you are talking about the real bronco bs the baby bronco.

would the name stop me from buying it? No. I just like playing devils advocate while we are waiting for the reveal. 

Bronco has already been a family at Ford before...I don't seem to remember anyone being confused back then.

5 hours ago, coupe3w said:

They don't even offer manual transmissions in most vehicles now a days. So of course the volumes are going down.

There's no reason to own a manual these days, unless you're one of those few devotees. Automatics get better fuel economy. And manumatics with paddle shifters allow you to shift gears when you want to, and not shift when it's mostly a chore.(such as stop and go rush hour traffic)

7 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

Nope, must be a difference in how the sound is perceived over there. To an American ear there is no "r" sound in those audio files. I can only assume the perception difference is in how differently Brits and Yanks approach the letter r in the spoken language. 

I put the R in there to denote a broad A  as in car....well I guess you pronounce that cor...LOL.

What do i know, if you heard my accent, it would disqualify my whole case...

Edited by jpd80
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

We beat the Germans twice, so we can pronounce it the way we like. lol

Funny and supposedly true story.  Air traffic control requires communication in English.  A Lufthansa pilot approaching Berlin asked for landing clearance in German.  ATC reminds him to speak English.  He says why does a German pilot on a German airplane landing in Germany have to speak English?  An unidentified but obviously British pilot says “Because you lost the bloody war!”.

Edited by akirby
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, akirby said:

Funny and supposedly true story.  Air traffic control requires communication in English.  A Lufthansa pilot approaching Berlin asked for landing clearance in German.  ATC reminds him to speak English.  He says why does a German pilot on a German airplane landing in Germany have to speak English?  An unidentified but obviously British pilot says “Because you lost the bloody war!”.

I've read the same story, but in mine the airport was Frankfurt.

On 11/9/2019 at 10:12 PM, T-dubz said:

I’m not a fan of sub brands in general because they make for needlessly long names, ie Land Rover Range Rover velar. Sub brands based off of existing vehicles also cause confusion. You see it in any of the threads here about bronco. People have to say things like “bronco bronco” to make sure everyone else knows you are talking about the real bronco vs the baby bronco.

Sure, that's the official name, but nobody ever calls it that - it's either "Velar" or "Range Rover Velar" - nobody uses the full name.

On 11/10/2019 at 4:39 AM, Bellanca said:

As far as confusion for the Bronco and its little brother are concerned, neither are out yet so I can see why people would be confused when talking about them...

Moral of the story, people will complain about anything. 

I mean considering we don't know what the baby one is called, obviously it's confusing at the moment.

But logically once they both come out, people will say either "I have a Bronco" or "I have a Bronco Maverick (or whatever it's called)", or perhaps even just "I have a Maverick".

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bellanca said:

Looks too narrow. 

Thank you for mentioning that, to me it seems too narrow and too tall, the area between the door sills and roof line looks exaggerated like the model Y but this is just a render so lets wait and see this thing for real.

• Like 1

^^

I can see what others are saying regarding the photoshops - they are really close to the actual spy photos, but seem to be somewhat more "optomistic" in their details, i.e. wheel offset, ride height, etc..

Will be interesting when we can finally see it on 11/17 and FINALLY dispense with the spy shots, etc..

1 hour ago, loubif said:

Thank you for mentioning that, to me it seems too narrow and too tall, the area between the door sills and roof line looks exaggerated like the model Y but this is just a render so lets wait and see this thing for real.

Of course. I’ll wait until the reveal but even then sometimes you really can’t appreciate a design until you see it in person. 

• Like 1