Jump to content
  • Custom Search


silvrsvt

Ford Mustang Mach E World Premiere Nov 17 9PM EST

Recommended Posts

I tend to agree with Jalopnik based on these photos.  Looks like a Mazda or any other CUV with a few Mustang inspired design elements.  I will reserve further judgement until I see the full reveal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it wasn't named Mustang, I think the reaction would be more positive.  But again, the car is wrapped in a vinyl skin which isn't flattering.  

 

This vehicle started life as a more mundane crossover and those hard points are still there, it's just sexier and sportier.  

Edited by Assimilator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I get the feeling this will be more Porshce Macan than anything Mazda related.

Because those vehicles look so much different. I’m not hating on it at all, again, I will wait until it drops the vinyl to pass judgement.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how I feel about the front.

 

The grille pattern almost looks as if has spokes that extend from the Mustang logo in all directions, which could look odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

45AB26C0-CE58-40DA-BAD2-11E1C41E8B96.jpeg.8cea9a6fbdc14a0fc23ff82b5bd97479.jpegAE59CD76-9177-4623-A699-8EDB3D06F387.jpeg.ab55a2deb300f0e3e253e9d58e054c21.jpegBDD90A6C-0981-4527-88B4-A3956894644D.jpeg.ce22b4b06a2c03fe59d1dd3f26542d68.jpeg

Immmmm....Ehhhhhhh....ummmmm,... Okay I think I like it. I liked the black and whit pic Deanh posted better though. With the camo still attached, it doesn't really scream, "Mustang" to me. They could have made it a Galaxie based on looks alone. Just the brake lights look Mustang-like. Maybe when the car is totally uncovered it will be great, but now it is just good... maybe very good, but not great. That being said, it does blow the Tesla Model 3 and Y out of the water even covered in green squiggly line stickers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it’s just the photos but not really feeling it. Kind of has a Urus profile to it(not a compliment in my book). We’ll know in ten days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people will be impressed by the profile, especially compared to Model Y which looks like a wedge compared to this.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

45AB26C0-CE58-40DA-BAD2-11E1C41E8B96.jpeg.8cea9a6fbdc14a0fc23ff82b5bd97479.jpegAE59CD76-9177-4623-A699-8EDB3D06F387.jpeg.ab55a2deb300f0e3e253e9d58e054c21.jpegBDD90A6C-0981-4527-88B4-A3956894644D.jpeg.ce22b4b06a2c03fe59d1dd3f26542d68.jpeg

 

Ah, the Dearborn test track. I bet ford wishes they could build a 100 foot high wall to prevent this from happening. Not the first time and definitely won't be the last. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody I know saw the Mach E a few months back.  His reaction was "it's OK, nothing more."  Looking at these spy pics, I tend to agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The front looks a lot like Edge, which is Ford's most beautiful crossover today. It's not bad and the teasers accused that same Ford Edge style design. I'd like Mach E to gain its own personality, and not a "Mustang SUV." He doesn't look like a Mustang. This brings negative media to such an important car and with a lot of potential to be a mere Mustang poser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

Somebody I know saw the Mach E a few months back.  His reaction was "it's OK, nothing more."  Looking at these spy pics, I tend to agree.

 

I know a guy who saw it a long time ago. He thought the worst thing they did was give it Mustang tail lights 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I certainly don't think it's spectacular, but it's in no way offensive. Which is where the bulk of every day sales come from, so maybe it's got a shot... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

 

Ah, the Dearborn test track. I bet ford wishes they could build a 100 foot high wall to prevent this from happening. Not the first time and definitely won't be the last. 

 

When we were kids back in the 1960's, we ride our bikes to the test track, find a bunch of bushes adjoining the wall we could hide behind, then stand on our bikes and look over the wall.  We saw all of the "new cars" before they came out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious how the door handles are integrated.  Maybe I’m missing it, but I don’t see them.  Oh and the mirrors look goofy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

 

Ah, the Dearborn test track. I bet ford wishes they could build a 100 foot high wall to prevent this from happening. Not the first time and definitely won't be the last. 

 

I'm willing to bet it was planned by Ford-if Ford wanted these down bad enough, they would have done the same thing they did to the new Ranger spy shots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

The grille pattern almost looks as if has spokes that extend from the Mustang logo in all directions, which could look odd.

 

I'm thinking the "grill" is just set back and that is a texture separating the "grill" from the fascia..its maybe an inch or two deep. 

 

I also noticed that it has a completely glass top on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The marketing email from Ford is below.  Curious as to how “limited” it will be?  

 

It's Coming. And Fast!

Ford is changing the future of driving with our Mustang-inspired all-electric performance SUV. And we're excited you want to be part of this journey.

The availability of this exhilarating vehicle will be limited, so you already belong to an exclusive group that will receive content and be among the first to hear about our plans to reveal it.

Get ready!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

The marketing email from Ford is below.  Curious as to how “limited” it will be?  

 

It's Coming. And Fast!

Ford is changing the future of driving with our Mustang-inspired all-electric performance SUV. And we're excited you want to be part of this journey.

The availability of this exhilarating vehicle will be limited, so you already belong to an exclusive group that will receive content and be among the first to hear about our plans to reveal it.

Get ready!

 

I think someone said something like 40K units the first year with half going to states with favorable BEV incentives?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love what I am seeing. I definitely see the mustang influence. I think it will be the best looking all electric SUV on the market (not that there's a lot of competition).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

 

I think someone said something like 40K units the first year with half going to states with favorable BEV incentives?

 

We were told first year production expected to be 50K units with half going to the 10 BEV states. I think the 50K may be Ford's conservative plan for the first year until they see the market reaction and they actually start production, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ford-mach-e-spy-photos.jpg

 

This earlier photo of a heavily camoed Mach E was mistaken by some as being a chopped up mule,

it is in fact a heavily disguised prototype. You'll note the FWD C type proportions 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×