Jump to content
  • Custom Search


silvrsvt

Ford Mustang Mach E World Premiere Nov 17 9PM EST

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

 

I think they’re going to have to push hard on the performance connection rather than appearance. 

thus my applause at utilizing the word MACH in its proposed model name...I have NO problems with MACH E. Cant wait for the BOSS Fiesta....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Deanh said:

everyone going to echo the sentiment when they put a prancing horse on the Bronco?.....talk about melo-drama, sheesh

 

No because when you look at the new Bronco you will have no doubt what it is, even if there's no badging whatsoever on it. It's not nor has it ever been claimed to be Bronco "inspired". It's a Bronco through and through but updated for the 21st century. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I love it, I was not expecting the reaction.  Obviously it will look better without the vinyl.  It certainly looks more striking in profile.  

 

I'm still not sure I would want a Ford EV over a Tesla at this point for a giant pile of reasons, but you can't complain about their effort.  My biggest issue I think with the Mach-E is that it might be more compact than the Model Y, particularly the interior.  I know the cargo space is pretty small with no under-floor space in the cargo area.  It's probably wise to call this a Mustang to emphasize performance and style over the utility part. 

 

BTW, for those asking about the missing door handles, you'll see a little tab or hook-like feature on the belt line near the b-pillar, it's all e-latch.  

 

  

Edited by Assimilator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Fordowner said:

 

True, it is definitely not the Mustang being discussed here and i probably like tape jobs more than I should (that's a tape job that includes the word "fastback" and oversized spoiler on my 2007 Mustang that dealers were selling.)     Still the idea of a Mustang sub brand would be interesting if they came up with an affordable compact sporty vehicle - or will that be the Bronco jr.?

 

I meant no disrespect toward your car - I was purely commenting on the poor pitiful Mustang II. I apologize if what I wrote came off as a shot at your car, it wasn't meant to be. I like your car!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

 

No because when you look at the new Bronco you will have no doubt what it is, even if there's no badging whatsoever on it. It's not nor has it ever been claimed to be Bronco "inspired". It's a Bronco through and through but updated for the 21st century. 

 

But then there's the baby...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

 

I meant no disrespect toward your car - I was purely commenting on the poor pitiful Mustang II. I apologize if what I wrote came off as a shot at your car, it wasn't meant to be. I like your car!! :)

Thanks but  I didn't take it that way at all.   Though trust me I wouldn't have been offended if you were,  my 2007 was sitting on the dealer lot well into the 2008 model year for a reason it's like someone found some long forgotten trim packages from the 70's.    On the front fenders the side trim says "Fastback" totally unnecessary but a throwback that  my warped mind likes.  

Edited by Fordowner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a lot of carrying on in here about the name, style, etc., and the final product hasn’t even been released. Perhaps you will be pleasantly surprised when it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

 

I think they’re going to have to push hard on the performance connection rather than appearance. 

That's what paper bags are for on an ugly date  Fuzzy

and if it looks too bad just stick the paper bag on your head...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

 

But then there's the baby...

HORSES EVERYWHERE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Willwll313wll said:

That's sarcasm right?

No it's not, the base model is FWD.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

No it's not, the base model is FWD.

 

Which has me scratching my head,,,,isn't it as easy to make a BEV RWD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Deanh said:

Which has me scratching my head,,,,isn't it as easy to make a BEV RWD 

Of course but how do you get effective REGEN braking with RWD.

I hope it's RWD but I'm fearing it will be FWD.

 

 

Edited by jpd80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Of course but how do you get effective REGEN braking with RWD.

I hope it's RWD but I'm fearing it will be FWD.

 

 

 

What does RWD/FWD have to do with regen braking?

 

Does it really matter which are drive wheels and which regen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

 

What does RWD/FWD have to do with regen braking?

 

Does it really matter which are drive wheels and which regen?

If you only have one motor generator it does.... as most braking is done by the front wheels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

If you only have one motor generator it does.... as most braking is done by the front wheels.

 

Hm.

 

Well I can't in any way see them playing up the Mustang connection only to then make it FWD.  That'd be incredibly stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

 

Hm.

 

Well I can't in any way see them playing up the Mustang connection only to then make it FWD.  That'd be incredibly stupid.

I agree, it would.

I just looked up base Tesla 3 and it's RWD so maybe I'm wrong....

Edited by jpd80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Ford will be releasing its all-new, Mustang-inspired electric SUV, that has a targeted EPA-estimated range of 300 miles with an extended battery and rear-wheel drive, in late 2020."

 

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/10/21/ford-mach-e-rwd-range-battery-options/

 

...assumption is RWD and AWD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of off topic, but I just realized that calling it "MACH E", if that is the name, is kicking Tesla square in the mommy/daddy parts. I mean that is who they are aiming at with this thing anyway, but wasn't the "Model 3" supposed to be the "Model E", but Ford already had "E Series"/"E" under trademark? Tesla was supposed to have the roadster, the S, E, X and Y.  

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, YT90SC said:

Kind of off topic, but I just realized that calling it "MACH E", if that is the name, is kicking Tesla square in the mommy/daddy parts. I mean that is who they are aiming at with this thing anyway, but wasn't the "Model 3" supposed to be the "Model E", but Ford already had "E Series"/"E" under trademark? Tesla was supposed to have the roadster, the S, E, X and Y.  

  

Yep, Ford wasn't going to let them use Model E in any way shape or Fashion.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be RWD, with optional AWD. Period. Just like all the Tesla models.

 

There will be a few trims with very limited options. It probably has the least complexity of any Ford in recent years I’ve seen.

 

There will be a base and GT variant. Just like the Mustang.

 

And yes, it will be called Mustang Mach-E. But just like the F-Series Super Duty, expect Ford to basically call it the Mach-E in the same way Ford calls the F-Series Super Duty just the Super Duty. The connection will be there again as part of the Mustang family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Yep, Ford wasn't going to let them use Model E in any way shape or Fashion.....

They could have gone with Tesla E, like Honda did in their new Honda e.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ExplorerDude said:

It will be RWD, with optional AWD. Period. Just like all the Tesla models.

 

There will be a few trims with very limited options. It probably has the least complexity of any Ford in recent years I’ve seen.

 

There will be a base and GT variant. Just like the Mustang.

 

And yes, it will be called Mustang Mach-E. But just like the F-Series Super Duty, expect Ford to basically call it the Mach-E in the same way Ford calls the F-Series Super Duty just the Super Duty. The connection will be there again as part of the Mustang family.


With multiple electric vehicles on the horizon, it would have made more sense to make an electric sub brand. if you didn’t want to go that route, you could have made a performance sub brand. Call it SVT.
 

Either one of these options would have been less controversial and just as effective as naming it after the mustang.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×