Ford Using Cool Camo for Baby Bronco

• silvrsvt changed the title to Ford Using Cool Camo for Baby Bronco
7 minutes ago, akirby said:

Ummm......no.

The greenhouse is similar till you get the C-pillar that has that lower up kick to it.

My wife doesn't like the 2020 Escape-said it looks too much like a Subaru for her like or a station wagon. I think she'll love this since she had a 2010 Escape and that was her favorite. 

3 hours ago, jpd80 said:

You know that side profile is beginning to look like the Gen 1 Escape,
are they recycling the early boxy  silhouette on the C2 platform..

Ride height looks a little lower.....

If the 2013 Escape never happened, this would be a great evolutin of the original.

50 minutes ago, akirby said:

The windshield rake is different, the hood angle is different, the roof is taller.   Not seeing it.

I know there are differences in the two, it just reminded me of the old edge in general shape,

maybe my eyes are showing me what I want to see and not what's really there underneath,

that is the job of camo, to deceive and fool the eye.....

I actually selected the wrong camo shot to post, maybe this one is a slightly better angle......

ford-baby-bronco-spy-shot-06.jpg

2009-ford-escape-xlt-fwd-i4-suv-side-vie

And finally, keep in mind that Ford has some history of elongating its concepts versus the actual prototypes,

looking at the concept below I just hope Folks aren't expecting exactly this car as it looks a bit longer...

2020-ford-bronco-leaked-via-off-road-com

Edited by jpd80

15 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

I know there are differences in the two, it just reminded me of the old edge in general shape,

maybe my eyes are showing me what I want to see and not what's really there underneath,

I actually selected the wrong camo shot to post, maybe this one is a slightly better angle......

2009-ford-escape-xlt-fwd-i4-suv-side-vie

And finally, keep in mind that Ford has some history of elongating its concepts versus the actual prototypes,

looking at the concept below I just hope Folks aren't expecting exactly this car as it looks a bit longer...

2020-ford-bronco-leaked-via-off-road-com

I’m not sure that’s a concept. I thought that was supposed to be the real thing.

14 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

I’m not sure that’s a concept. I thought that was supposed to be the real thing.

Yeah what is under the camo is pretty much spot on for that..I don't see the "concept" at the ford presentation being longer, considering the silhouette behind it is the fullsized Bronco

Doing some math:

2020 Escape OL 180.5″

2020 Edge OL 188"

2020 Everest OL 192"

2019 Ranger 210"

I'm assuming the fullsized Bronco will be right around the Edge and Everest in size and the Baby Bronco will be similar to the 2020 Escape-going by that photo with the silhouette, its roughly 180" L or so

4 minutes ago, wildosvt said:

I have pics of the body of the baby Bronco. No, I wont post them.  Note in the dealer preview photo. The right side vehicle. There is plastic trim at the bottom that goes across the bottom of the doors and wheel well lips.

Where did you get the pictures of the Baby Bronco? Insiders of Ford or are you insider yourself? Can't wait to see how it looks, what it's called, and how well it will do in the market. I like the camo icons on the test vehicle as it hides the details of the Baby Bronco as well as show what it will be capable of doing. :)

20 minutes ago, Dequindre said:

Will it be larger than the Jeep Renegade? I'm getting some Renegade vibes from the size. 

The Renegade is roughly 14 inches shorter then the 2020 Escape...I don't think the Baby Bronco will be that small-The Renegade is little bigger then the Ecosport

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, paintguy said:

Seems a bit late for it, but is this a "mule" on an '08-'12 Escape body? Had an '01 Escape and an '09. Loved them both. Never warmed up to the '12-'19 models. In my opinion this baby Bronco could be what I have been waiting for.

Not really-its on the updated C platform, which I'm assuming is based on what the older Escape was on. 

Does it have a steel front bumper like the ranger? I remember ford making a big deal about that when the ranger came out. Looking at the leaked pics of the baby bronco, the front bumper seems to have a similar vibe to the magnetic gray bumper on the ranger sport package.

3 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

Where did you get the pictures of the Baby Bronco? Insiders of Ford or are you insider yourself? Can't wait to see how it looks, what it's called, and how well it will do in the market. I like the camo icons on the test vehicle as it hides the details of the Baby Bronco as well as show what it will be capable of doing. :)

He's an employee 

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2019 at 8:29 AM, jpd80 said:

Case in point on Ford's concept "poetic license" was the 2005 Five Hundred. The illustrations looked like an Audi A8. The actual, unfortunately was decidedly dumpy. It was roomy. I recall being at the "reveal" and wondering what had happened. About a year later, saw a Five Hundred featured in a commercial (not a Ford commercial). My TV was in stretch mode, image from 4:3 aspect to 16:9. There was the Ford concept illustration, come to life.  

12 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Does it have a steel front bumper like the ranger? I remember ford making a big deal about that when the ranger came out. Looking at the leaked pics of the baby bronco, the front bumper seems to have a similar vibe to the magnetic gray bumper on the ranger sport package.

I'd say not a chance.  Plastic bumpers all around is my guess.