Black Label vs Reserve II

KansasHawk

I'm currently looking at getting an Aviator and online built both the Black Label and Reserve II with the packages that i'm wanting. 

It came out to a difference of $6,475 for the Black Label. I'm trying to determine if it's worth that price difference. Anyone have any input?

Also, can anyone share what price off MSRP you are able to negotiate? 

Thanks!

30 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

Or if you don't have a black label dealer, like me, easy choice.

This is I to, no Black Label Dealer for 120 miles, can't take advantage of the perks.  If there was a BL dealer withing 50 miles, I would do the BL for the upgraded interior and perks.  You need to look at the perks and see if you would use them, your BL concierge will help you decide.   

Thanks for the feedback on the the BL vs Reserve II. I checked and the closest BL dealer is 100 miles from where I live. 

I'm still thinking about it but most likely will opt for the Reserve II. My 5 year old and 3 year old wont be easy on the awesome BL interior:) 

Appreciate the help and if anyone has any experience with how negotiation went or expected $ off MSRP please let me know. 

Are you planning on getting the GT?

If so, you can skip on the BL if you aren't 100% sold on it.

The reason I'm mentioning the GT is that it will have the lower panels painted just like the BL-version so from outside, it looks just as good if not a bit sportier...

1 hour ago, KansasHawk said:

Thanks for the feedback on the the BL vs Reserve II. I checked and the closest BL dealer is 100 miles from where I live. 

I'm still thinking about it but most likely will opt for the Reserve II. My 5 year old and 3 year old wont be easy on the awesome BL interior:) 

Appreciate the help and if anyone has any experience with how negotiation went or expected $ off MSRP please let me know. 

Just curious what area you are in (closest city). I am in Wichita and have been talking to the dealer here for a while. Not sure how open they will be to discounting as they sold the 1st dealer stock unit the Monday after they got it (put it out for sale on a Saturday I think). I am waiting to decide until they get the demo unit. Unlike you my two are 9 and 12 and the 12 y.o. is demanding more space than our '12 Explorer has. We road trip a lot so their comfort is a big consideration. I am considering a GT (GT II package) or a '20 Expedition Platinum or '20 Navigator (if he is willing to deal). 

@EcoBoostI wasn't looking at the GT but just priced it out with the options that I want(GT II package) and its $84,585 which is only $1,600 more than the non GT BL. Another option to consider. 

@Flying68 I'm in the Topeka area and the closest BL dealership is in Salina. This vehicle is for my wife that currently drives a 13 Explorer Sport. She likes the size of the explorer but we want something nicer with more luxury options. I'm sure these are selling fast with not much negotiation. 

2 hours ago, KansasHawk said:

@EcoBoostI wasn't looking at the GT but just priced it out with the options that I want(GT II package) and its $84,585 which is only $1,600 more than the non GT BL. Another option to consider. 

@Flying68 I'm in the Topeka area and the closest BL dealership is in Salina. This vehicle is for my wife that currently drives a 13 Explorer Sport. She likes the size of the explorer but we want something nicer with more luxury options. I'm sure these are selling fast with not much negotiation. 

Of course another option is the Explorer Platinum.  We first had the 2013 Explorer Limited, then moved to a 2017 Explorer Platinum - luxury and the EcoBoost motor.

Does anyone know if any Black Label is available with the X-Plan?  Sure do like the interior of the BL's vs the Reserve, leaning towards the Nautilus due to size, think the Aviator may be larger than what I need.  Waiting for one to arrive at local dealership (60 miles away) to check size.  My closest BL dealer is over 200 miles but good selection of BL Nautilus' are San Diego and Dallas, 650 and 750 miles respectively.  Hate to break in a vehicle like that.

7 hours ago, T hawker said:

Does anyone know if any Black Label is available with the X-Plan?  Sure do like the interior of the BL's vs the Reserve, leaning towards the Nautilus due to size, think the Aviator may be larger than what I need.  Waiting for one to arrive at local dealership (60 miles away) to check size.  My closest BL dealer is over 200 miles but good selection of BL Nautilus' are San Diego and Dallas, 650 and 750 miles respectively.  Hate to break in a vehicle like that.

Yes X-plan is available on all trim levels.