mmbutts98

Wheel well liner

Are they worth the money?  In what instance?

I would like to know this as well.  Do they provide any real benefit other than a uniformly dark color in the wheel well?  Thanks.

My 2015 F150 was white. Always looked filthy.

Put them on my 2018, much easier to clean.

They kill off some of the gravel and dirt noise that is being thrown from the tires onto the metal wheelwell.

I have the Huskys. I have always been a fanatic about keeping my wheelwells clean. The liners look great and keep mud, rocks, and salt off the inner fender. The tough poly they are made of cleans easily too. I’m surprised they aren’t standard equipment from the factory.

Thats my next add on

Mitch

If you're picky about the truck looking nice, they are well worth it.

I wish I had known of these for my previous truck which was white.  I thought about getting the well painted because the black tire against the white wheel well did not look very good

That looks like an extremely quick / easy install. Probably should have just gotten the aftermarket ones. I hope these aren't holding my truck build up. The only other option I got thats been said to cause delay was the work surface.

But at this point I guess it's probably chips

Posted (edited)

I have them on my 2021 order.  They cleanup the rear specially on light color trucks.   I have everything on my order that apparently is holding trucks up besides chips of course...  😀

Edited by Quags

Anyone have a preference between OEM and aftermarket brands?

Are these similar to Fender Liners? Looks like it has the same function as the Smittybilt fender liners that I saw on 4wheelonline.

They really clean up the truck from a looks perspective in my opinion.   Well worth the money (their cheap) and it also helps keep the fender wells a lot cleaner.   

On 5/24/2021 at 6:58 AM, id_birdhntr said:

Anyone have a preference between OEM and aftermarket brands?

Im going with the OEM or Husky (if available), thats if I ever get my truck in

I have a 2 tone King ranch and the tap job that the factory did in the rear wheel wells is terrible.  I got the liners just to hide the horrible tape job.  They do make it hard to get all the mud off behind them around the center of the truck.

Super easy install on our older farm truck and keep the wheel wells cleaner. Much easier to wash off without the nooks and crannies so I ordered it on the new build... Haven't thought about noise difference from rocks but that's a good point. I'm sure it may cut that down some too. Basically it just looks a lot cleaner and is easier to keep clean. A lot less mud weight to carry around as well.

I don't know whether factory installed or aftermarket are better, doesn't seem like the kind of piece that could be too much of a difference either way. But for that little amount of money worth its either way.

I ordered the husky liners last week, should get there this week. They were cheaper than the Ford ones and supposedly cover more of the wheel well. CJ pony parts had them for like $100 with coupon code GET2WRK or GET2WORK can't remember

Posted (edited)

Never installed a wheel well liner before but I was just checking out the Rugged Liner on 4wheelonline. Not sure if they have one for my F-150.

Edited by speedingtones