GT500 Weight

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

A GT350 weighs 3,781 pounds

How in the hell are they adding 444 of weight to it? I can see maybe an extra 200lbs or so with the super charger and plumbing...but its not that much different then GT350 mechanically-unless the 7 speed DSG is a weight hog?

It's those pesky "heated and cooled triple overhead testicle holders"'

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2019 at 9:53 PM, silvrsvt said:

A GT350 weighs 3,781 pounds

How in the hell are they adding 444 of weight to it? I can see maybe an extra 200lbs or so with the super charger and plumbing...but its not that much different then GT350 mechanically-unless the 7 speed DSG is a weight hog?

Big heavy supercharger, big heavy transmission and a big heavy axle to handle the power 

9 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Good point 

When you think about it, it’s really simple to understand why the GT500 weighs 4200lbs.  The additional hardware you mentioned plus I believe the Tremec DCT weighs quite a bit more than the 6 speed in the 350.  From all accounts, weight won’t hold this car back from reaching supercar performance metrics.  

Edited by 02MustangGT

1 minute ago, 02MustangGT said:

When you think about it, it’s really simple to understand why the GT500 weighs 4200lbs.  The additional hardware you mentioned plus I believe the Tremec DCT weighs quite a bit more than the 6 speed in the 350.  From all accounts, weight won’t hold this car back from reaching supercar performance metrics.  

They designed a brand new hood latch for it. That should say all that needs to be said. 

• Like 1