now I wait

Mokume

Just made the dealer required 3K deposit for them to special order my 2020 Lariat SuperCab, they've promised to email me the VIN once they receive it, it's specs are attached. You'll note that I sprung for the Rapid Red metallic, I normally prefer more subdued colors, but what the hey, must be mid life crisis

Now I wait....

2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab 4x2 6.docx

Edited by Mokume

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed you should !

You must remember that I live in Hawaii, Honolulu, which is on the island of Oahu, to be exact. Population 1.1 million souls.

There are just 3 Ford dealers here, basically the game is always in their favor, hence the 3K deposit. One dealer attempted to gouge me by marking up the MSRP by 8 thousand dollars on a '19 Lariat just this past June.

Yes, you read that correctly, eight thousand dollars above MSRP because of the vehicle's "newness" to the mid size pickup market. 

We can't just jump in our cars and drive to the next state in search of a better offer (which would be CA) and all 3 dealers are keenly aware of this.

True the neighbor islands have Ford dealerships but since the population bases of those islands is quite low compared to Honolulu, a good deal is like hen's teeth, not to mention very limited availability of certain models/options etc.

Then there is the matter of getting it here, where ever it was purchased from, I'd be responsible for this charge. While the Ranger is well equipped, it lacks outriggers, a prop and sufficient fuel capacity for the  journey.

As you know Ford's flat rate shipping charge is to the selling dealer period, no matter if the dealer is just a mile away from the plant, or thousands.

I was seriously considering special ordering the truck through a broker in LA who suggested a loophole in the sale to avoid CA's exorbitant sales tax and registration tax and fees. This would require that I not take delivery there and the truck to be driven directly to the docks, loaded onto a container ship and bon Voyage!

The shipping would of cost me almost 2K.

Enter Ford's X Plan pricing, I purposely joined the Mustang Club of America to take advantage of this program, membership was a paltry $25. In using this plan the selling price is capped at a certain amount above invoice and any dealer documentation fee is capped at $100. Of course I am responsible for tax and license.

What some people are unaware of is that in using this program the dealer is required to list all other additional charges on page 2 of the contact. However it does not preclude them from adding additional equipment/options to the truck, anti-theft window etching, paint sealants and the like.

In placing the 3K deposit, I made the dealer include a clause in the purchase order that they will not try to pull this BS, I've  no problem with them making a reasonable profit on the sale

I may sound like a raving lunatic in this post, but all I want is a fair shake.

True we are blessed with living in one of the most beautiful spots on earth, but paradise does come at a cost.

Edited by Mokume