Lincoln Play Entertainment System

CoolScoop

Does anyone have info or photos on the Lincoln Play Rear Seat Entertainment for the Aviator? It's option code 59C in the order guide, but I haven't seen any info/details on it.  I assume it will be similar to the system in the Navigator.

Edited by CoolScoop

3 hours ago, EcoBoost said:

I'm pretty sure it will be identical to the one on the Navi. 

There are a few YouTube videos about it out there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzfrV3Yl_so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8WmHzZbvkY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTzIcmKeLpA

The system was supposed to change this model year to include a built in DVD player. It will first be available in the Aviator. However nothing has been confirmed officially. 

5 hours ago, Flying68 said:

The system was supposed to change this model year to include a built in DVD player. It will first be available in the Aviator. However nothing has been confirmed officially. 

Thanks... it's not listed as late availability in the order guide and it didn't get flagged on my order, so I was wondering about the total lack of information.

Edited by CoolScoop

6 hours ago, Flying68 said:

Interesting - makes you wonder where the DVD-player is supposed to be integrated (location).

8 minutes ago, EcoBoost said:

Interesting - makes you wonder where the DVD-player is supposed to be integrated (location).

Lincoln Play (and Ford Play) are Voxx Automotive Evo systems. https://www.voxxautomotive.com/

There is a brochure on the Evo system there. The DVD is integrated into the "A" unit just like the headrest systems in the rest of Ford and Lincoln products. Evo doesn't allow for dual DVD units as far as I know. You can view the manuals for 2018/9 Expeditions and Navigators to see the difference and similarities. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flying68 said:

Lincoln Play (and Ford Play) are Voxx Automotive Evo systems. https://www.voxxautomotive.com/

There is a brochure on the Evo system there. The DVD is integrated into the "A" unit just like the headrest systems in the rest of Ford and Lincoln products. Evo doesn't allow for dual DVD units as far as I know. You can view the manuals for 2018/9 Expeditions and Navigators to see the difference and similarities. 

Nice find... thanks!!

4 hours ago, Flying68 said:

I hope you're right but honestly, I'm not seeing it on here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY2IN9Th0ao&list=LLf4p-NOmxucakVA6PmMPMYg&index=6&t=0s

11 hours ago, Flying68 said:

My order lists the entertainment system option as:  Lincoln Play with DVD.  So it appears that it will include a DVD player now.  The order guide implies that it was available at Job 2... but I haven't found any details on it yet and it's not covered in the current online owners manual (May Rev.).

Edited by CoolScoop

15 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

Guess it's finally time to figure out how to go all digital and cut the cords!!

I simply love Roku. After my cable company increased their prices (again), I got tired of paying their 'equipment rental fees' and all my TV is streamed now - and you can get basically everything. With a Roku and the Plex App, you can even stream movies from your home server right into your car - the possibilities are ENDLESS!

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 12:30 PM, CoolScoop said:

My order lists the entertainment system option as:  Lincoln Play with DVD.  So it appears that it will include a DVD player now.  The order guide implies that it was available at Job 2... but I haven't found any details on it yet and it's not covered in the current online owners manual (May Rev.).

Have you been able to find out anything further.  I talked to the GM of my local dealer and asked if they were getting the DVD in Lincoln Play and he said that it would be the same as in the current Navigator, i.e. no DVD.  If you find out let us know. Any idea on when your build date is?

On 9/3/2019 at 3:20 PM, Flying68 said:

Have you been able to find out anything further.  I talked to the GM of my local dealer and asked if they were getting the DVD in Lincoln Play and he said that it would be the same as in the current Navigator, i.e. no DVD.  If you find out let us know. Any idea on when your build date is?

I'm getting a Grand Touring so it hasn't been scheduled yet.  But my order sheet says "Lincoln Play with DVD", so it should be like the Navigators system but with a built-in DVD player in one of the screens.

On 9/6/2019 at 1:26 PM, CoolScoop said:

I'm getting a Grand Touring so it hasn't been scheduled yet.  But my order sheet says "Lincoln Play with DVD", so it should be like the Navigators system but with a built-in DVD player in one of the screens.

I emailed Lincoln concierge and received the following reply:

Thank you for your patience as I’ve run this by my colleagues. Regrettably, the 2020 Lincoln Aviator does not come equipped with a DVD player at this time.

For more information, we do recommend reaching out to your preferred Lincoln Dealer, as our sales stuff will always have the most up-to-date information provided by Lincoln Motor Company.

Thank you,

REDACTED

Social Media Manager
Lincoln Customer Relationship Center
Email: REDACTED@lincoln.com

So now I don't know.  Maybe they intended to have DVD in the Aviator but decided against it.  If it was going to be the same as the 2018-2019 Navigator, I would think it would have been available at Job 1.  Who knows.

1 hour ago, EcoBoost said:

That's sad but unfortunately, not surprising at all. Looking at the system that was on the Aviator in the link I previously posted, there was simply no way (room) for a DVD-integration.

753294968_2019-09-1118_53_33.jpg.441fab78ae9e32ef78faa00e8b5a1b0c.jpg

When you oder the entertainment system it says this... so they must have found some other place to put it!!!  I'm hoping the order bank is still correct.

Edited by CoolScoop