Bye, bye Gary jones

MTP'er

I`m sure the local unions are wondering when their books will be seized. Lot of the UAW trinkets and trash bought by locals. Oh this could go far for sure. Then there`s such funny looking book keeping when it comes to CAP ticket sales from each local....

I don't think the fact that the corruption may reach all the way up to the 'top dog' of the UAW comes as a surprise to any of us.The question I have is was did the company conspire with the UAW to gain back concessions and deny the workers fair and honest representation?I am skeptical of Bob King and all the concessions that were granted during his reign.Well,this comes at a very bad time.The union {ITS NOT OUR UNION} must be distracted by all this.The contract has to come first.After that I would be in favor of every member of the UAW in Michigan withdrawing in protest,say for like one month.We need a leader who can organize the dissatisfied.

• Like 1

Im pretty sure at the last convention they said that if the strike fund reached a certain amount that dues would go back to 2 hrs pay a month. It doesn’t help when they take the interest and pump it into Black Lake. Maybe building a few houses for past presidents. Maybe the some of of us common folks can stay there when they are in Palm Springs or better yet behind bars.

On 8/28/2019 at 1:55 PM, Decker said:

I`m sure the local unions are wondering when their books will be seized. Lot of the UAW trinkets and trash bought by locals. Oh this could go far for sure. Then there`s such funny looking book keeping when it comes to CAP ticket sales from each local....

17 hours ago, DSPF150 said:

Im pretty sure at the last convention they said that if the strike fund reached a certain amount that dues would go back to 2 hrs pay a month. It doesn’t help when they take the interest and pump it into Black Lake. Maybe building a few houses for past presidents. Maybe the some of of us common folks can stay there when they are in Palm Springs or better yet behind bars.

How about the Union reps getting paid by HR for 7/12's at the Plant level when the Reps aren't even in the Plant.

That's just as Crimminal....

1 hour ago, doomed said:

When Mr Jones said he would fight for what's right I got scared. He has no idea what someone on the floor wants. Maybe he is going to fight for the biggest house on the money pit Black Lake.

The best way for the UAW to regain its reputation would be to get its dues paying members a good contract.

• 2 weeks later...

"United Auto Workers President Gary Jones remains in power after a meeting of union officials held to discuss UAW business.

Spokesman Brian Rothenberg says nothing changed after the meeting and that Jones and Vance Pearson are still in office. Pearson is a district director from the St. Louis area.

The executives met at a Detroit Metropolitan Airport hotel on Friday, a day after federal authorities unveiled charges against Person in a widening union corruption probe.

After the meeting, Jones' driver and others physically blocked an Associated Press reporter from trying to approach him to ask questions. Jones has not been charged in the case.

The corruption scandal is complicating contract talks with General Motors. The union's contract with the company expires Saturday night."

Now that`s a warm and fuzzy reassurance.......

I see all those amounts of union funds embezzled, I see 9 convicted and sentenced. How much money was taken from members or that should of gone to members instead of their pockets? Who replaces the money embezzled? is that a lose members have to eat? do members need to file a suit? are there enough members with a backbone to stand up to the IUAW or just sit back watch it crumble and find the nearest exit? Hearing more about the fed investigation then the contract negotiations isn't helping anything, IUAW needs to step up or step out not in a week not next month or a year from now, today right now. 

12 hours ago, DSPF150 said:

Do not use any union money to defend these crooks and when convicted they should have to pay back every cent that they embezzled from us.

You got my vote BUT in reality the first item that is being negotiated by the IUAW is probably a slush fund to pay their lawyers to try and keep the bums out of prison.Maybe a big increase in the UAW/Legal program but only make it available to a select few union  fat cats.Mother-Fuckers that they are!