• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Guards Red Car

AVIATOR GT Delivery Date

I am aware that a few Automotive Journals/Reporters have gotten their hands on early production Aviator GT's (LIKELY pre production units for study and NOT for sale to the public)

HOWEVER,  I am very frustrated about the INCREDIBLY SCANT information on ACTUAL START of Production date for Delivery to ACTUAL Customers (like me who ordered my Aviator GT back in June)

My Dealer Cannot enlighten me on this -  He seems to be more in the dark than I am

I have read in more than one publication that GT availability will be in "Late 2019"

Does anyone have any knowledge on ACTUAL delivery timeline of the GT ??

THANKS!!!!

I was always told Q4 of 2019. And with the delays they’ve been having, I’d assume that’s late in Q4. 

I was always told Q4 of 2019. And with the delays they’ve been having, I’d assume that’s late in Q4. 

1 hour ago, Guards Red Car said:

I am aware that a few Automotive Journals/Reporters have gotten their hands on early production Aviator GT's (LIKELY pre production units for study and NOT for sale to the public)

HOWEVER,  I am very frustrated about the INCREDIBLY SCANT information on ACTUAL START of Production date for Delivery to ACTUAL Customers (like me who ordered my Aviator GT back in June)

My Dealer Cannot enlighten me on this -  He seems to be more in the dark than I am

I have read in more than one publication that GT availability will be in "Late 2019"

Does anyone have any knowledge on ACTUAL delivery timeline of the GT ??

THANKS!!!!

The new line is scheduled for start-up next month, it will take a few weeks to get everything running and passed QA.  CAP is behind in production do to a few factors, but one is employees taking off without calling in.  They have moved some expertise in from other factories to help out, but sometimes that is like putting water on a grease fire.  That said, I ordered my GT the day the order backs opened for them also.  I've learned to be patient when being an early adopter.  I'm hoping by Christmas, but expecting Valentines.  Until a VIN shows up for you or anyone else, they are not scheduling.  I'm hoping for a VIN any week now.  As far as actual timeline on a new line, there is only the best guess.  

4 hours ago, mustangchief said:

The new line is scheduled for start-up next month, it will take a few weeks to get everything running and passed QA.  CAP is behind in production do to a few factors, but one is employees taking off without calling in.  They have moved some expertise in from other factories to help out, but sometimes that is like putting water on a grease fire.  That said, I ordered my GT the day the order backs opened for them also.  I've learned to be patient when being an early adopter.  I'm hoping by Christmas, but expecting Valentines.  Until a VIN shows up for you or anyone else, they are not scheduling.  I'm hoping for a VIN any week now.  As far as actual timeline on a new line, there is only the best guess.  

Employees taking off without calling in??? Is that something we should be concerned about when it comes to quality of our build? Wow. 

My build has had a vin for a few weeks now but still “in production” it’s a normal BL. Maybe it’s being held up for qa and/or the recall work.

5 hours ago, mustangchief said:

I talked to the GM of my dealer today. I asked when the GT would start production. He said from the information he has from the dealers conference the GT should start in October with an outside chance in late September. He said Lincoln hasn't even set allocation yet. He also was pretty upset with how badly the Aviator launch has been and hopes the Corsair will be better. The first Aviator they got in about a month ago was a retail order, it has been in the shop waiting for parts due to a transmission issue so it actually hasn't been delivered yet. So with all the issues I thing getting one in by EOY 2019 will be a stretch. 

52 minutes ago, AutomotiveAddicts said:

Employees taking off without calling in??? Is that something we should be concerned about when it comes to quality of our build? Wow. 

My build has had a vin for a few weeks now but still “in production” it’s a normal BL. Maybe it’s being held up for qa and/or the recall work.

Did you get a build date, I think only those built before 1 Aug had the issue needing resolved before delivery.  

9 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

I talked to the GM of my dealer today. I asked when the GT would start production. He said from the information he has from the dealers conference the GT should start in October with an outside chance in late September. He said Lincoln hasn't even set allocation yet. He also was pretty upset with how badly the Aviator launch has been and hopes the Corsair will be better. The first Aviator they got in about a month ago was a retail order, it has been in the shop waiting for parts due to a transmission issue so it actually hasn't been delivered yet. So with all the issues I thing getting one in by EOY 2019 will be a stretch. 

Aug 23 was the OKTB target date for the PHEV, not sure if they made it.  

I pre ordered back when they first opened up ordering. Even with the recalls I am still awaiting word on where my vehicle is. Had a build date of 6.27.19 completed 7.10.19. Still waiting transit is the only info I have. 

Had a build date of 6.27.19 completed 7.10.19. Still waiting transit is the only info I have. 

Is this for the GT?

On 9/2/2019 at 9:36 PM, mustangchief said:

Did you get a build date, I think only those built before 1 Aug had the issue needing resolved before delivery.  

it now says “awaiting shipment” it is not a gt... a BL normal gas. haha

Where's the GT .....  ??

Dealers are in the dark.....

I've had more encounters with the Sasquatch and The Loch Ness Monster

2 hours ago, Guards Red Car said:

Where's the GT .....  ??

Dealers are in the dark.....

I've had more encounters with the Sasquatch and The Loch Ness Monster

The GT isn't built yet. They are still finishing up on the line that is going to build it. It was never promised before 2019 Q4, which might slip a little into 2020 Q1. 

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2019/07/22/ford-spending-50-m-chicago-support-explorer-aviator-production/1799145001/

Stopped by my local Lincoln dealer yesterday and drove the Reserve II and asked about GT.  The dealer said the GT will be available next February.