• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Bob Durk

2019 Edge - Screen Issues

Sometimes the backup camera stays on in 'drive'; at times the screen just goes solid blue; at times when turning off the car and exiting,  the screen stays on. Yikes!

29 minutes ago, Bob Durk said:

Sometimes the backup camera stays on in 'drive'; at times the screen just goes solid blue; at times when turning off the car and exiting,  the screen stays on. Yikes!

Hi Bob. Herre is my opinion:  Internet diagnosis is iffy at best.  The best course of action would be to record this happening as many times as possible, so you have proof when you bring it in for a service appointment (in case it works the day you bring it in). Then make a service appointment.

If you want to try some self help you could attempt a SYNC factory reset (instructions are in the Owners Manual).  Or disconnect the battery for ~20 minutes.  But in the end, there is something wrong with your system, and even if a factory reset works, the problem will probably return without proper diagnosis and repair.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Thank you very much. What first started as the backup camera staying on, now a couple more issues cropped up. Will try your suggeetioss.

29 minutes ago, Bob Durk said:

Thank you very much. What first started as the backup camera staying on, now a couple more issues cropped up. Will try your suggeetioss.

Hi Bob.  I was rushed when I posted before. Try the factory reset first.  If that does not work, then try disconnecting the battery.  However, is obliviously an underlying issue causing these problems with your system, so both of those steps are only temporary fixes, as previously mentioned.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

@bbf2530

Took the car back to the dealer. Service writer said he's very familiar with my issue. The computer chip running my Nav System is bad but has to be ordered. He did say they will try and resync it but he doubted that would work. He said the chip could take as long as 3 to 4 days to arrive. This sounds like BS that it's that hard to get one. When asked if they are aware of the issue why don't they stock it. He said . . . well it's specific to the Edge Titanium and has to be made by a third party vendor. More BS in my opinion but what can you do but wait.. :whistling:

Edited by Bob Durk

2 hours ago, Bob Durk said:

@bbf2530

Took the car back to the dealer. Service writer said he's very familiar with my issue. The computer chip running my Nav System is bad but has to be ordered. He did say they will try and resync it but he doubted that would work. He said the chip could take as long as 3 to 4 days to arrive. This sounds like BS that it's that hard to get one. When asked if they are aware of the issue why don't they stock it. He said . . . well it's specific to the Edge Titanium and has to be made by a third party vendor. More BS in my opinion but what can you do but wait.. :whistling:

Hi Bob.  Glad to hear your Service Department thinks they know the solution to your issue and hopefully it will be fixed soon. Also happy to hear you took your Edge in to have the problem diagnosed and repaired.  Performing the factory reset and/or disconnecting the battery was going to treat the symptoms, but not cure the underlying problem.

Concerning your thoughts that what you were told is "BS": They are most likely telling you the truth. If they had the part or could get it sooner, they would be more than happy to install it and get paid by Ford for the Warranty work. Just because they are "very familiar" with an issue and/or have seen it before, does not necessarily mean it is common enough to have parts sitting around and collecting dust.   

Hope the new "computer chip" fixes the problem for you.  Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

1 hour ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi Bob.  Glad to hear your Service Department thinks they know the solution to your issue and hopefully it will be fixed soon. Also happy to hear you took your Edge in to have the problem diagnosed and repaired.  Performing the factory reset and/or disconnecting the battery was going to treat the symptoms, but not cure the underlying problem.

Concerning your thoughts that what you were told is "BS": They are most likely telling you the truth. If they had the part or could get it sooner, they would be more than happy to install it and get paid by Ford for the Warranty work. Just because they are "very familiar" with an issue and/or have seen it before, does not necessarily mean it is common enough to have parts sitting around and collecting dust.   

Hope the new "computer chip" fixes the problem for you.  Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Feel better about it now, thnx. !!

4 hours ago, Bob Durk said:

@bbf2530

The APIM has to be ordered by VIN from a vendor that works for Ford. They are outside the "normal" parts ordering process. With the holiday I'm actually quite surprised you are getting it that fast. Only "BS" is that it is a module called an "APIM" and not a "chip".    

@YT90SC

Got ya, he was truthful I see. Maybe 3 to 4 days is soon so I'm hopefull. That Edge is a great car. I'm 6' 4" and have plenty of room. Thnx!

Edited by Bob Durk

@YT90SC @bbf2530 Just got the car back. Diagnosis showed no code fault. They did a ( reset? resync?) and it is working fine. In fact I now see at least one more visual not seen before on the right info panel to the right of the speedometer. 👍  If it lasts l'll be thrilled. 🤞

Appreciate you all stepping in and helping. 👏

5 hours ago, Bob Durk said:

@YT90SC @bbf2530 Just got the car back. Diagnosis showed no code fault. They did a ( reset? resync?) and it is working fine. In fact I now see at least one more visual not seen before on the right info panel to the right of the speedometer. 👍  If it lasts l'll be thrilled. 🤞

Appreciate you all stepping in and helping. 👏

HI Bob.  Happy to hear it is working again.  Hope the reset fix is permanent.

Let us know how things go and good luck.

It went out again after the second day. They've ordered a new one. It should arrive in 3 to 4 days. Does anyone have any idea once the tech gets started, how long will the replacement process will take?