2021MY Escape Facelift

52 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

Often times, no changes are made.  The 1994 Dodge Ram was a boldly styled vehicle that polarized focus groups.  A high percentage of people viewing the truck hated it.  Chrysler decided to go with the bold styling and the truck was wildly successful.

With the 1994 Dodge Ram pickup, supposedly about 25 percent of the people in the focus group loved it, but the rest hated it.

Chrysler's share of the full-size pickup truck market was so low - the Dodge pickup hadn't been fully redone since the early 1970s - that even if only 25 percent of potential customers bought it, that would make it a major success by Chrysler's standards.

15 minutes ago, bzcat said:

800px-Ford_Escape_China_001.jpg

800px-2020_Ford_Escape_Hybrid_front_NYIA

They should have just used the Chinese market front end. Looks so much more upscale and grown up design than the cartoon like US market one.

Exactly. The design of the grille on the American version just looks old already. If you flip the grille on a 2015 focus upside down, you basically have the 2020 escape grille.

385.jpg

I love my 2012 Escape, because it looks like a mini mashed up version of an Explorer and Expediton. I don't understand why Ford can't continue to take the styling cues of the Explorer and Expedition and continue to make a mini mashed up version into the Escape.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, K270 said:

I love my 2012 Escape, because it looks like a mini mashed up version of an Explorer and Expediton. I don't understand why Ford can't continue to take the styling cues of the Explorer and Expedition and continue to make a mini mashed up version into the Escape.

They will, it just has a different name:

Image result for baby bronco

• Like 1

3 hours ago, K270 said:

Because Baby Bronco but also because Rav4 and CRV and others.

• Like 1

Ford is still being smart here, dividing its utilities up into styling /lifestyles means that

the Escape will be rounder and softer while the Broncos are  chunkier and edgier.

They just need to finesse the styling a bit more, the big top lip on Escape, Focus and presumably

other new Fords coming up the pike needs to go, the Chinese front is more appropriate styling

not only for North America but everywhere else. Ford Europe is overplaying that styling as a

way of achieving good pedestrian crash protection results.