GM gets to set the pattern

fuzzymoomoo

With all the facility work at so many Ford facilities the IUAW is just helping there business partner out by continuing the retooling under the current contract through the contract dead line. Then there`s the fact that GM is closing plants and can get a great contract for the other IUAW business partner GM, by just agreeing to every UAW member effected by the closures will be placed or can transfer to work available without any loss of company seniority and benefits. You know the we got the best agreement for the members that were going to be layoff and we didn`t lose anything from our current benefits selling point. Then.... Ford will have little or no problem sitting in the driver seat with a pattern contract like what the members at GM agreed too, so the GM members wouldn't get laid off....  

Then we all can get the warm and fuzzies from helping GM members keep their jobs because we all know we should all just be thankful we even have jobs.

13 minutes ago, Fatso said:

By picking the automaker with the most profits and planning to close plants,the union is showing its ready to play hard ball.If the Feds can help the workers get an honest vote we might be in for a fight.

It seems to me that Ford has been crying broke way longer than GM has though.... and louder too. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

18 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It seems to me that Ford has been crying broke way longer than GM has though.... and louder too. 

Ford made 3.1 bil last year. GM made over 11 bil. Is Ford crying broke or that they are less profitable? 31 billion cash on hand shows they are not broke but they are way less profitable than the previous two years.

I feel so sorry I didn`t take a bigger cut in pay and benefits over the last four years :cry: Ford reported only $23,000,000,000.00 total in the last four years of profit...mind you only $23,000,000,00.00 how will Ford ever be able to make it :cry:Dam those UAW people :swear:

How bout in progression people dropping back to $14.00 an hour and another 18 months with no dependent health coverage? STS`ers could help by never counting on building seniority and maybe $11.00 an hour?

Legacy people just give back all four years of profit sharing checks and stop going to work so much.....

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 12:01 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Really? I was sure they would go last just because of all the plant closings and stuff they’re doing over there. 

nope, as i said b4, GM would go first.   those that i talked to also knew this.   they are picking a fight with gm, and we will see how it goes.  ford goes second.

Depends on where you get your info.  Actual figures seem to be a big corporate secret these days.  Years ago when we use to have classes for everything, they had a handout of a pie chart which showed percentages for the various cost associated with  building a vehicle.  At that time labor was 6-8%, don't remember the exact figure.  Before I posted I Googled the question and came up with anywhere from 3-15%.  According to the old company pie chart our labor was the smallest percentage of the cost of a vehicle, yet every contract the company starts this big theatrical production using the TV news stations, newspapers, trolls, our own union, etc to campaign against our wages because, as you recall, they're broke.  Same old broken record every contract, BECAUSE IT WORKS.

I'm glad that at least someone else is aware of the small percentage our wage represents in the cost of a vehicle.  

• Like 1

You talkin bout the same negotiators that fly to the best resorts in Nevada? Same negotiators that play golf on the most exclusive courses all over the United States? Same negotiators that give parties with scantily clad women sitting in negotiators laps while lighting the negotiators Cubin ceegars?  Those negotiator`s???

Don`t think they would know much about a train station. Wait... unless the train station was being rehabbed as a joint venture training center :whistling:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pmooret said:

Depends on where you get your info.  Actual figures seem to be a big corporate secret these days.  Years ago when we use to have classes for everything, they had a handout of a pie chart which showed percentages for the various cost associated with  building a vehicle.  At that time labor was 6-8%, don't remember the exact figure.  Before I posted I Googled the question and came up with anywhere from 3-15%.  According to the old company pie chart our labor was the smallest percentage of the cost of a vehicle, yet every contract the company starts this big theatrical production using the TV news stations, newspapers, trolls, our own union, etc to campaign against our wages because, as you recall, they're broke.  Same old broken record every contract, BECAUSE IT WORKS.

I'm glad that at least someone else is aware of the small percentage our wage represents in the cost of a vehicle.  

true, but much of that data is old/obsolete   most recent and accurate data i've seen is 5%.   heck CEO pay on each car is HIGHER then the cost of UAW labor.

its time to pay up

• Like 1

I heard... Someone told me....They said....Signing Boneus!!! Getting Raises!!! No More Tiers!!!

But really IMO, the IUAW of today is more in line with selling (better be glad you gotta job) their abilities as preventing bad shit from happening. As most of us old timers know, the current IUAW leadership has lost its ability to make good shit happen. (It is the best contract WE could get) With that said IMO we will see another IUAW victory as an agreement that once again will be sold as stopping some bad situations and nothing in the way of any type of a good situation when comes to getting benefits back or winning better wages or benefits.

With the IUAW`s record of accomplishments in the last 4 or 5 contracts for just fixing the things the companies put in front of them. Then not seeing or don’t want to see that actually the company is playing the IUAW with closures, layoffs or we only made a few billion last year games, how can it be any different from the last 4 or 5 contract agreements.

I mean all you hear from IUAW is we are focused on negotiations. Never mind those reports bout early morning houseguests. Gary is completely focused and it is very apparent. Got the agreement signed.... Got Mr. Maffeo sign on as his counsel team leader.

Is it going to be different, better or good? Just the faces change but the selling points will be the same... Just Be Dam Thankful Ewes Have a JOB :hat_tip:

Edited by Decker

Any contract they try to sell us with ANY KIND of health insurance deductible or payroll deduction will be an Immediate NO from me. I can under stand Co-Pays for prescriptions and some office visits but how many BILLIONS of $$$$ did the company make the last 4 years?

Also we need to get rid of the TPT employees or give them a path to full time....Like a time limit...TPT for 12 months then they HAVE to make you full time? I know people that have been TPT's for over 3.5 years and they keep hearing from the union...Just hold on a little longer to see how many people retire or if buy outs are given on THIS contract THEN you MAY get hired full time.

Can anyone really believe ANYTHING coming out of IUAW? I agree...it will pass 51 % to 49 % with Local 600 passing it by 90 % to make up for the other plants saying NO.

• Like 1

After paying for everything... I mean everything....expansions... construction and more construction....retooling....buying great spots of Detroit....paying for training center stuff and of course paying for everything we did get it comes too (drum roll please)  a four year total ------> twenty fricken three frickin Billion Dollars ----> PROFIT<----- Ohhh then there`s the one thing that makes the share holder happy shhhh two fricken billion one million dollars listed on the financial report as (another drum roll, please) FCF that's short for Free Cash Flow which is financial lingo for STASH ? 

But Ford might only make 22,900,000,000.00 fricken dollars next year so we need another tier...? When they screwed up the business and weren`t making much money our pimps told us to roll over... When Ford has the highest selling TRUCK and SUV ever in the companies Hissstorrreeee….and shh a stash of 2,100,000,000.00 in the refrigerator freezer we gunna hear from our pimp....roll over.  but rollin over gets us signing boneus from those smiling faces. How`s that great old song go?? Smiling faces do what??

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 5:28 PM, Fatso said:

By picking the automaker with the most profits and planning to close plants,the union is showing its ready to play hard ball.If the Feds can help the workers get an honest vote we might be in for a fight.

The Feds help?? What are you joking???? The Feds do everything they can to help bust Unions. Why didn't they investigate the meltdown of the economy by all the bankers and crooks on Wall Street? How come all the company officials that bribed the Union officials names are not on the news outlets 24/7 like the Union officials? Why did their so called investigation of corruption come to a head right at contract negotiations? I mean really the Feds help the serf worker class peasants????? Yea right!!!!

With the Feds watching/investigating it will be harder for $$$$ to illegally change hands.As to "why" all the other stuff you mention,I think it is obvious that there are rich,powerful people who are above the law.I don't put the UAW in the same league as Wall Street Investment Banks.The people who the Feds are indicting are pleading or being found guilty so,they must be on the right track to clean things up.