What an insult to compare the Aviator to a Kia!

Wheeling

Hyundai and Kia are making strides to try and break into the psuedo-luxury segment that Lincoln is trying to break out of. My wife and I test drove a Hyundai palisade and honestly the quality seemed the same as the aviator that was in our local dealer showroom. Sure the power isn't there and the ride is a little more unrefined but most people buy up so the improvement over their current daily will be noticeable.

• Like 1

It’s happening more often now and we will just need to accept the fact of mainstream automakers going more premium. not surprised to see it. After all, kia and hyundai are making major strides. where some of the main differences reside is the powertrain, “luxury” amenities, lower volume for the luxury brand, and service offerings where luxury brands have drop off services with loaner vehicles no question asked and avoidance of going into a dealership that sells $13k cars. trust me, the kias and hyundai’s drive nothing like the aviator. also, it works up stream... luxury buyers who are used to luxury vehicles aren’t going to go downstream unless they are seriously hard pressed - as in lack the money all of a sudden. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AutomotiveAddicts said:

luxury buyers who are used to luxury vehicles aren’t going to go downstream unless they are seriously hard pressed - as in lack the money all of a sudden. 

I am on my second Lincoln vehicle but my next purchase may be a Ford Bronco which has nothing to do with being "hard pressed" with lack of money issues...There will be no Lincoln counter-part to the Bronco and I am willing to bet there will be a Titanium, Platinum, or King Ranch variant of it....

• Like 2

It's fine that they're comparing the two.   The problem is how they're doing it.

Performance - 6.0 for each.   Completely ignores the Aviator's power advantage and ignores the PHEV additional power instead griping about the 18 mile range.   Under the Kia it notes that it takes bumps better than competitors (but doesn't mention the Aviator specifically).  How is that performance???  

Comfort and quality.  They say Aviator is better with 30 way adjustable seats, etc. but give both 9.0 because the Kia has room for everyone and their gear.  Well so does the Aviator but it has more amenities.  

Under features the Kia wins 9.0 to 8.0 solely on the basis of the Kia being cheaper and better Value.   Well that depends on what you're looking for.

What they should have said is the the Aviator offers more features and more performance but also costs a lot more and that the Kia was a good bargain.

• Like 4

So, if they compare a donut to a bagel

Taste:                                                                  Donut 10      Bagel 5

How well it toasts                                             Donut    0      Bagel 10

How it tastes with cream cheese                  Donut   0       Bagel  7

Total                                                                    Donut  10      Bagel 22

Winner:                                                                    Bagel

• Haha 8

Truthfully not any different than when the altima came out in the 90s they compared it to a Mercedes and it was better than the Mercedes according to the advertising. 

All these “car enthusiasts” magazines are about advertising dollars. 

I trust about 10 percent of what the media says. Just like politicians, they all have their own agenda. 

Im sure the Kia is a formidable suv. However, compare it to its class. 

Edited by fordtech1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, fordtech1 said:

Truthfully not any different than when the altima came out in the 90s they compared it to a Mercedes and it was better than the Mercedes according to the advertising.

Go back even further when Ford compared a Granada to a Mercedes and a Cadillac...image.png.d40df20c39b1a06f316346a601237ef4.png

Edited by twintornados

On 9/5/2019 at 6:38 AM, twintornados said:

I am on my second Lincoln vehicle but my next purchase may be a Ford Bronco which has nothing to do with being "hard pressed" with lack of money issues...There will be no Lincoln counter-part to the Bronco and I am willing to bet there will be a Titanium, Platinum, or King Ranch variant of it....

The ultimate Wrangler beating Bronco variant would be a Raptor!!!