1976 F-150 DIESEL!

HotRunrGuy

That is certainly a really trick conversion for sure...I remember Ford offering a diesel "re-power" program for F-Series trucks in the 70's as dad had a 1975 F250 4X4 "hi-boy" and our local dealership offered this package to my dad...I know he didn't do it, but I remember the program. It was offered to help truck owners cope with the energy crisis. 

32 minutes ago, YT90SC said:

It's a nice truck, but $35k for a wheezy diesel cobbled into it with a Chrysler trans from that era? You have too many zeros in that price tag, bud. 

It only has 460 original miles on the entire truck, that's why it's so expensive.  Not just because it has a diesel engine.

5 hours ago, akirby said:

It only has 460 original miles on the entire truck, that's why it's so expensive.  Not just because it has a diesel engine.

Don't get me wrong, the body and much of the chassis is NICE. However the frame has been altered and the wire harness has been butchered. New holes in the fender liners. All the cobbled up parts to install it are one-offs including trans cooler lines, hoses, the harness that he fabricated etc. Not sure, but I don't see a vacuum pump for the brake booster, so potentially, no power brakes. It would probably be worth what they are asking if it had the original drivetrain. The wheezy 70s diesel and 70s Mopar trans really shoot it in the foot. 

2 hours ago, Kev-Mo said:

That Chestnut Brown color was so popular in those days.

My 77 was that color.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YT90SC said:

Don't get me wrong, the body and much of the chassis is NICE. However the frame has been altered and the wire harness has been butchered. New holes in the fender liners. All the cobbled up parts to install it are one-offs including trans cooler lines, hoses, the harness that he fabricated etc. Not sure, but I don't see a vacuum pump for the brake booster, so potentially, no power brakes. It would probably be worth what they are asking if it had the original drivetrain. The wheezy 70s diesel and 70s Mopar trans really shoot it in the foot.  

Oh I’m not saying it’s necessarily worth that much but I’ve seen similar ridiculous prices on restored and great condition originals of that era.  I was trying to buy a 77 to restore and even rough ones were really expensive.  Supply and demand.

7 hours ago, akirby said:

Yeah, they lost me at the ChryCo Powertrain. The truck is fantastic, but without the  a Ford Powertrain no thanks.