New Ford Explorer Ad Campaign Introduces World to the ‘Greatest Exploration Vehicle of All Time’

Does the ad talk about the delays in shipping?  I ordered my 2020 Explorer back in March and its no where to be seen.  It was built on June 22nd and is "In Production, Sent Off-Site" whatever that means.  I read somewhere that Explorers sent to Flat Rock for issues remediation will be "first in, last out" and that all may not ship until December.  Nine months to receive a vehicle is ridiculous.  Some transparency from Ford would be most helpful and appreciated.  By the way, my Dealer seems to know less about my VIN than I do.  That doesn't look good for Ford.

Edited by yesguitarman
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, yesguitarman said:

Does the ad talk about the delays in shipping?  I ordered my 2020 Explorer back in March and its no where to be seen.  It was built on June 22nd and is "In Production, Sent Off-Site" whatever that means.  I read somewhere that Explorers sent to Flat Rock for issues remediation will be "first in, last out" and that all may not ship until December.  Nine months to receive a vehicle is ridiculous.  Some transparency from Ford would be most helpful and appreciated.  By the way, my Dealer seems to know less about my VIN than I do.  That doesn't look good for Ford.

Why hasn't your dealer ordered a new one?   Was it submitted as a retail order (priority 10-19) or dealer stock?  For retail orders Ford should just remake those immediately.

On 9/6/2019 at 9:14 AM, akirby said:

Why hasn't your dealer ordered a new one?   Was it submitted as a retail order (priority 10-19) or dealer stock?  For retail orders Ford should just remake those immediately.

At this point, I'm being told delivery will be in October, so re-ordering wouldn't help.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that October delivery though.  VIN is 1FM5K8HC8LGA11042 if anyone is willing to help track it for me.