August Sales?

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

As said above, the major changes were made with changeover to Aluminum, hybrid F150

and BEV F150 will most likely be built down the same production lines as if just another F150.

The big disruptor will be the 7.3 V8 across the board in Super Duty and the new F600 Truck 

If those changes hit their marks, Ford could have a serious problems keeping up with demand.

I have held off on a 2019 f350 due to 7.3....i do not need a diesel or the hassel...the new 10sp auto's along with the 7.3 have the potential to drastically cut into diesel sales...biggest gripe out there is fords interior appointments..they are behind the curve ... 

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

6-month leases? Where and through what sources? Doesn't make any sense.

Recent article in Forbes i want to say...my buddy is a banker..yep he says they have no issue doing 6 month leases...it is out there....certain  segment with the means to do so wants newest coolness factor and they are leasing for 6 or 8 months...

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

The 2019 Edge is doing very well for us the past 3 months and is also a good alternative to those that don't need the Explorer's 3rd row seat. Strong demand for 2019 Edge Titanium AWD''s w/Titanium Elite Package which we're having trouble keeping in stock. We're in CT and buying Edge Titanium's from dealers in PA to meet demand. Unfortunately, a number of customers buying or leasing the 2019 Edge ST's are complaining about the ST's seats. 

Changes for the 2020 Edge should help grow sales even more with increased availability of the SE AWD which includes more standard equipment at an even more attractive price point.  

That is good to hear..i personally think the edge more than holds its own in a very crowded and competitive field....i personally would consider the edge if i had need... 

5 hours ago, snooter said:

Recent article in Forbes i want to say...my buddy is a banker..yep he says they have no issue doing 6 month leases...it is out there....certain  segment with the means to do so wants newest coolness factor and they are leasing for 6 or 8 months...

A lot of it can be situational as well,

- lease takeovers where there's only six or eight months left on the lease agreement.

- people lease new vehicle for six month to see if they like it before buying it.

- guy with a six month job assignment, his company has a choice of long term rental or six month lease 

- in 2014 Porsche couldn't supply macans so they were doing six month leases on other vehicles to hold buyers.

Edited by jpd80

5 hours ago, snooter said:

I have held off on a 2019 f350 due to 7.3....i do not need a diesel or the hassel...the new 10sp auto's along with the 7.3 have the potential to drastically cut into diesel sales...biggest gripe out there is fords interior appointments..they are behind the curve ... 

You would think that the 7.3 is going to be much cheaper to buy, the 10-speed should keep it fairly efficient too.

I'd still check out the 6.2 and 10-speed as well just to see what sort of job Ford did with that combo....

I don't know whether diesel sales will suffer all that much, folks that load their SDs to the max

are still going to want diesels but people that want a capable truck but $8K less and gasoline,

the 7.3 V8 is gonna clear the runway for more folks who like to tow trailers with ease..

Edited by jpd80

9 hours ago, jpd80 said:

You would think that the 7.3 is going to be much cheaper to buy, the 10-speed should keep it fairly efficient too.

I'd still check out the 6.2 and 10-speed as well just to see what sort of job Ford did with that combo....

I don't know whether diesel sales will suffer all that much, folks that load their SDs to the max

are still going to want diesels but people that want a capable truck but $8K less and gasoline,

the 7.3 V8 is gonna clear the runway for more folks who like to tow trailers with ease..

JP--No doubt the 7.3 will take some 6.7 sales I  would think-in particular with the buyer who doesn't have the annual mileage or who isn't always at the max on GVW/GCW.  Between the upfront savings and the maintenance savings on oil changes, a  home  run. I  would also  hope that it gets a lot of sales from competitors as this thing should clearly be the engine of choice for people who  want gas.

And in class  6 and 7, plenty of buyers out there who  clearly need power but for sure do not run the mileage.  And the 7.3 at least for a while will have no competition in those weight classes.

I  just hope Ford doesn't go crazy with pricing-shouldn't be any more costly than the 6.8-and yes I understand,  development cost etc etc.  But from a manufacturing  cost, should be a lot less costly than 10 holes I  would think.

18 hours ago, jpd80 said:

As said above, the major changes were made with changeover to Aluminum, hybrid F150

and BEV F150 will most likely be built down the same production lines as if just another F150.

The big disruptor will be the 7.3 V8 across the board in Super Duty and the new F600 Truck 

If those changes hit their marks, Ford could have a serious problems keeping up with demand.

I wonder if that'll affect Expy/Navi volume too?

15 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Does anyone have the Canyorado and Tacoma numbers? I'm curious where Ranger slides in now that production is up to full speed. 

Don't have an estimate for Canyorado in August yet, so here's Tacoma/Ranger.  And for reference, I included July of all of them (GM numbers are close estimates).

___________August_______YTD

Tacoma......27,010.........169,292

Ranger.........9,818...........47,980

_____________July________YTD

Tacoma......20,416.........142,282

Colorado....10,964..........74,360 (est)

Ranger.........7,861...........38,162

Canyon........2,286...........20,954 (est)

59 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Don't have an estimate for Canyorado in August yet, so here's Tacoma/Ranger.  And for reference, I included July of all of them (GM numbers are close estimates).

___________August_______YTD

Tacoma......27,010.........169,292

Ranger.........9,818...........47,980

_____________July________YTD

Tacoma......20,416.........142,282

Colorado....10,964..........74,360 (est)

Ranger.........7,861...........38,162

Canyon........2,286...........20,954 (est)

Ranger climbing - but no conquest sales vs the Tacoma..

Can't think off the top of my head of a vehicle that faces well designed competition and dominates its class like the Tacoma does.  Wow - whatever the secret is, Toyota has it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

Can't think off the top of my head of a vehicle that faces well designed competition and dominates its class like the Tacoma does.  Wow - whatever the secret is, Toyota has it. 

It's been in production for a long time with many dedicated repeat buyers.  Ranger lost some momentum there, and they're not yet offering a full range of Ranger products.  This is about the best you'll see until the next gen, and Ford is ok with that which is why MAP is only on one shift.  

I would expect the next gen to be in the 10-15K range initially and build up over time to challenge Tacoma.  But not overnight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kev-Mo said:

With Toyota, it's probably more likely people leaving cars behind and either heading into Utilities or mid sized trucks.

We sometimes get wrapped up in the notion that mid sized truck segment is stagnant and everything is zero sum gain

but now, it looks like mid size trucks are coming back in vogue thanks to a move to crew cabs.

The offset is that Toyota couldn't sell full sized trucks to save its life

Edited by jpd80

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

For those who like pretty colors:

image.thumb.png.7fc5e1172220a5e16ac079c6e14760d3.png

Transit, Nautilus and Expedition have impressive figures.  Expedition's design is the best in the entire Ford portfolio and should inspire other crossovers.  Awaiting the Aviator take flight and show its potential.  Nautilus is still restyled, when it comes with the interior as the Aviator could reach 4K.  Corsair should also properly replace the MKC

4 hours ago, Kev-Mo said:

2 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

F-Series?

F-Series and Tacoma are of course both class leaders in sales. But Tacoma is more dominant. In 2018, it captured 47% of all sales in the midsize truck segment. In the past decade, Tacoma had market share greater than 50% in certain years. 

F-Series represented 38% of sales in the fullsize truck segment in 2018. Not sure if its market share ever exceeded 50%.

Edited by rperez817

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

F-Series and Tacoma are of course both class leaders in sales. But Tacoma is more dominant. In 2018, it captured 47% of all sales in the midsize truck segment. In the past decade, Tacoma had market share greater than 50% in certain years. 

F-Series represented 38% of sales in the fullsize truck segment in 2018. Not sure if its market share ever exceeded 50%.

Oh for Pete’s Sake - which one would you rather have?  

One sells almost a million units at probably a 20% margin.  The other is lucky to sell 1/3 the volume at half the profit margin or less.

More dominant my ass.

15 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Of course, it is possible that Toyota succeeded in a segment that was almost gifted to it by GM and Ford 

it's easy to be the dominant marque when the two champs above step back for a decade.

Looks like that transition started some 15 years ago, while the previous Ranger and Colorado were still being offered.

HRG

2000-2010.JPG

Also Ford in one of current programs it does NOT give additional conquest cash to Tacoma/Tundra/Ridgeline/Frontier owners. They must not view them as potential happy Ranger buyers. "Customers that currently Own a 1995 or newer or Lease a RAM, Dakota, Canyon, Sierra, or Silverado Truck will receive Conquest Cash towards the purchase or lease of an eligible new vehicle. - Current lease customers are not required to terminate their lease"

3 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Also Ford in one of current programs it does NOT give additional conquest cash to Tacoma/Tundra/Ridgeline/Frontier owners. They must not view them as potential happy Ranger buyers. "Customers that currently Own a 1995 or newer or Lease a RAM, Dakota, Canyon, Sierra, or Silverado Truck will receive Conquest Cash towards the purchase or lease of an eligible new vehicle. - Current lease customers are not required to terminate their lease"

HRG

index.jpg