August Sales?

17 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I know I was pretty vocally upset with the delay, but I've heard some things in the last week or 2 and let me say, as irritating as it is the delay is worth it. It's going to SLAY the competition. 

That's definitely great news.  I'm really excited for it.  And like I said, I'd rather have it right than fast.

14 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

I also agree about that I would rather it be done right than rushed and messed up or ruined. I forget, are you insider/work for Ford or know some sources. Sorry for asking again.

I figured it would have the Gen 1 styling and I'm glad it looks different than the Bronco II renderings (you mean Baby Bronco?) that I'm guessing you meant shown by Ford at dealers conference some time ago. I was concerned that the Bronco would have Gen 1 styling but a bit feminine while the Baby Bronco would be even more feminine in styling. But I'll see how the reveal goes sometime next year (I'm guessing Detroit Auto Show in June 2020).

As I said above, I'm also glad that the delay is worth it if done right. What you just said though about what you had heard in the past few weeks actually gives me hope considering you work at MAP with the Ranger production where the Bronco will also be built. So I trust that you know some real good inside stuff so I'm giddy with anticipation of the news and reveal of the Bronco. :)

I'm not sure I understand what you mean as in what was wrong about the 2005 Mustang? What were the fears and concerns fans had about the 2005 Mustang or did you mean 2015?

He meant it'll be that good/well received as the '05 Mustang.

13 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

What's far more interesting to me is the steady decline in Tacoma, Colorado and Frontier sales that correspond to the steady increase in the new Ranger sales since its introduction.

13 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

Steady declines for the three correspond almost exactly to the steady Ranger increase since 2018... 

You're misreading the chart.  The 2019 numbers are YTD only.

Ranger started from zero.  Obviously it's trend will be up.  The others are coming from higher yearly rates vs. 8 months of 2019, obviously they'll be "down".

That's why I included the column on the right showing the % increase for the year of each model.  I guess I didn't label it, so I apologize for that.  As you can see, though, all models are up so far for the year except for Colorado (down about 9%) and Ridgeline (even).

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Nope, I meant 2005

retro done right 

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

He meant it'll be that good/well received as the '05 Mustang.

Thanks. Couldn't remember what were the concerns fans had regarding the 2005 Mustang but yes I liked it too. The round headlights along with many other features. So I'm now confident that the new Bronco will be done right and be a hit. Counting down the months until the reveal (I'm guessing Detroit Auto Show in June of 2020).

18 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Nope, I meant 2005

retro done right 

The 5th generation Mustang would have made the best retro Mach 1 by far... they should have waited two years to usher in the 5th Gen with a limited run of Mach's instead of finishing out the 4th gen with it.  That "cool" shaker hood "scoop" would have looked awesome on a 5th gen!!!

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

The 5th generation Mustang would have made the best retro Mach 1 by far... they should have waited two years to usher in the 5th Gen with a limited run of Mach's instead of finishing out the 4th gen with it.  That "cool" shaker hood "scoop" would have looked awesome on a 5th gen!!!

Yes I agree. Just look at how great the 2008 Mustang Bullitt was with the 5th generation styling. While the Mach 1 did look good in the 4th generation styling like you got in your avatar (your Mach 1??) but would really look good with 5th generation styling with the round headlights and all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

Yes I agree. Just look at how great the 2008 Mustang Bullitt was with the 5th generation styling. While the Mach 1 did look good in the 4th generation styling like you got in your avatar (your Mach 1??) but would really look good with 5th generation styling with the round headlights and all.

Yep... I have a red 03 Mach 1.

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, akirby said:

There is no Detroit Auto Show in January.

OK its moved.  02 Mustang was a bit more forgiving in his reply.  I am not a full -time auto guy and how would I know that is was moved from the traditional January - sorry.

Still nobody answered the question when we might see the production version. 

30 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Heads up, NAIAS is in June now, starting with the 2020 show.  

Thanks for the heads up!  - sorry I can't keep up with everything automotive.  Just a light hobby being a fan, it is not my profession.

Still - anyone have a clue where Bronco might show for real?

1 hour ago, Kev-Mo said:

Still - anyone have a clue where Bronco might show for real?

Depends on which Bronco your asking about :)

One rumor said November-has it who knows.

I think Ford would be smart to do a separate event outside of the LA autoshow (if it is November) and include both Broncos, so people don't lose their heads when they see the Escape based one and say oh its nothing more then a mom-mobile or some crap like that. 

The 2021 F-150 still needs to be shown off also. IIRC I think Ford even said that was coming before the Bronco. 

IMO it will be like this:

F-150

Mustang Mach E

Baby Bronco

Bronco

If I was a betting man, I bet the Bronco is shown off before the NAIAS in June...but we will see a upcoming Bronco Pickup "concept" for it then. 

57 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I had heard that rumor about a month ago. As time goes on it sounds like it might not be true. 

58 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

The 2021 F-150 still needs to be shown off also. IIRC I think Ford even said that was coming before the Bronco. 

This is true. 2021 F-150 launches late spring/early summer next year. Job 1 for Bronco is December 2020. 

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

If I was a betting man, I bet the Bronco is shown off before the NAIAS in June...but we will see a upcoming Bronco Pickup "concept" for it then. 

I was talking to someone about this last week. We suspected that Ford will make it their centerpiece for the new and "improved" summer NAIAS. 

Also, a Bronco Pickup has been discussed but at this point it has not been approved yet. 

• Like 1

I believe that For will show T6 Broncos as late as possible to stop Competition trying to gazump them with something quickly cobbled together 

IMO there’s been too much leaking years in front tha makes people think T6Bronco is “late” but very reliable sources are adamant that it hasn’t deviated in timing since kick off in 2016. What ever was being floated as delays have not occurred with that project and what is suspect happened was that it was offered as a contract sweetener in 2015 back when all the product research was still going on.

Edited by jpd80

20 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Depends on which Bronco your asking about :)

I think Ford would be smart to do a separate event outside of the LA autoshow (if it is November) and include both Broncos, so people don't lose their heads when they see the Escape based one and say oh its nothing more then a mom-mobile or some crap like that. 

IMO it will be like this:

F-150

Mustang Mach E

Baby Bronco

Bronco

Last I heard, it was being discussed to launch several key products (Bronco and F-150 among them) at a debut event before the Summer NAIAS and not tied to any one auto show. Kind of a "we're back, baby!" event. I'm sure certain specs and details would be saved for traditional auto show press conferences. 

6 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Last I heard, it was being discussed to launch several key products (Bronco and F-150 among them) at a debut event before the Summer NAIAS and not tied to any one auto show. Kind of a "we're back, baby!" event. I'm sure certain specs and details would be saved for traditional auto show press conferences. 

That'd be cool, though do individual products lose their importance with that?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2019 at 12:49 PM, rmc523 said:

Don't have an estimate for Canyorado in August yet, so here's Tacoma/Ranger.  And for reference, I included July of all of them (GM numbers are close estimates).

___________August_______YTD

Tacoma......27,010.........169,292

Ranger.........9,818...........47,980

_____________July________YTD

Tacoma......20,416.........142,282

Colorado....10,964..........74,360 (est)

Ranger.........7,861...........38,162

Canyon........2,286...........20,954 (est)

The 3rd quarter numbers are out, looks like Ranger has a total of 26, 211  , or 8532 for September.

HRG

Ford-3Q2019-US-Sales-Results-1.pdf