Jump to content
  • Custom Search


Sign in to follow this  
T-dubz

Ford patents modular grille

Recommended Posts

http://fordauthority.com/2019/09/ford-patent-shows-slick-modular-grille/

 

Thought this patent was pretty interesting. Basically it lets you swap out parts of the grille and add accessories. Sounds perfect for police, construction workers or anyone that needs to add lights or other electronics to the grille. 

 

I wish they’d take this a step further and allow complete customization of the grille. The grille can completely transform the look of a vehicle. Giving people the option to buy additional grilles to easily swap out doesn’t seem like a bad idea and an extra way for ford to make money.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2019 at 5:54 PM, T-dubz said:

http://fordauthority.com/2019/09/ford-patent-shows-slick-modular-grille/

 

Thought this patent was pretty interesting. Basically it lets you swap out parts of the grille and add accessories. Sounds perfect for police, construction workers or anyone that needs to add lights or other electronics to the grille. 

 

I wish they’d take this a step further and allow complete customization of the grille. The grille can completely transform the look of a vehicle. Giving people the option to buy additional grilles to easily swap out doesn’t seem like a bad idea and an extra way for ford to make money.

 

 

 

Well, it definitely seems like a Bronco-centric idea.  But if successful, I could see it spreading to other models too (Raptors anyone?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

 

Well, it definitely seems like a Bronco-centric idea.  But if successful, I could see it spreading to other models too (Raptors anyone?).

 

I see far too many Fapators running around-F-150s with Raptor style grills...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

 

I see far too many Fapators running around-F-150s with Raptor style grills...

 

Oh yeah, me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:54 PM, T-dubz said:

http://fordauthority.com/2019/09/ford-patent-shows-slick-modular-grille/

 

Thought this patent was pretty interesting. Basically it lets you swap out parts of the grille and add accessories. Sounds perfect for police, construction workers or anyone that needs to add lights or other electronics to the grille. 

 

I wish they’d take this a step further and allow complete customization of the grille. The grille can completely transform the look of a vehicle. Giving people the option to buy additional grilles to easily swap out doesn’t seem like a bad idea and an extra way for ford to make money.

 

 

or LED spots on Rangers and Broncos...theres a HUGE aftermarket for this and bumpers...looks like ford has taken notice and wants part of the pie...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

 

I see far too many Fapators running around-F-150s with Raptor style grills...

 

They would probably look a lot better if it was a ford authorized grille swap instead of some autozone special.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Deanh said:

or LED spots on Rangers and Broncos...theres a HUGE aftermarket for this and bumpers...looks like ford has taken notice and wants part of the pie...

 

Yup, that's what the patent shows.  I think it's a great move.  Especially since on Raptor Ford has the auxiliary switched installed already, they can just offer an integrated package from factory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, rmc523 said:

 

Yup, that's what the patent shows.  I think it's a great move.  Especially since on Raptor Ford has the auxiliary switched installed already, they can just offer an integrated package from factory.

I suspect they will utilize something like the upfitter switches avail in the larger pickups..FINALLY plug and play systems....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I suspect they will utilize something like the upfitter switches avail in the larger pickups..FINALLY plug and play systems....

 

 

Yup, that's what I figure too.  Makes complete sense too.

 

The new Defender did something similar with a lot of pre-fit accessories available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I especially like the aftermarket Raptor grilles that don't actually have the "FORD" letters - at a quick glance, it looks like "DODO."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×