• Custom Search

CGIron

Ford downgraded by Moodys

5 minutes ago, mustang let back said:

I didn't know those were in the same class as the hellcat charger 

How many hellcat's do they sell vs Edge ST and Explorer ST....since Aviator GT hybrid is just hitting the market...I'll give you that one...

Edited by twintornados

8 minutes ago, twintornados said:

How many hellcat's do they sell vs Edge ST and Explorer ST....since Aviator GT hybrid is just hitting the market...I'll give you that one...

If you include previous Edge Sport and Explorer Sport I'd say orders of magnitude more.  Edge ST alone is 20K - 30K per year at least.

Some people are fixated on one type of vehicle or one segment and fail to see the bigger picture.

10 minutes ago, twintornados said:

All of those cars that you named are doing good for FORD in their class.As we know FORD has no car to  battle the charger.

4 minutes ago, mustang let back said:

All of those cars that you named are doing good for FORD in their class.As we know FORD has no car to  battle the charger.

Why do they need one?

8 minutes ago, mustang let back said:

So Ford needs to do battle with Charger for....what reason? Sedan market is crashing and as more manufacturers exit the segment, the remaining players will see sales, but those too are dwindling....

5 minutes ago, sullynd said:

Ford is so screwed.  They don’t have a V10 RWD Station wagon to sell.

They’ve lost me!  

They’d sell ones of them!  Ones!

Hey wait, you might be on to something! Dropping a Mod 6.8 V10 into a 2020 RWD Explorer platform might be worth a look,,,,,,

After all, SUV's are just station wagons anyway, for those of us who grew up in the 60's.

HRG

17 minutes ago, sullynd said:

Ford is so screwed.  They don’t have a V10 RWD Station wagon to sell.

They’ve lost me!  

They’d sell ones of them!  Ones!

Don't forget the hot hatch and convertible versions....even with those markets covered, they may move into selling 10s of them...10s!!!!

But, they won't become popular until they hit the used car lots....and only if Ford extends the warranty to 20 years and 250,000 miles.

Edited by twintornados

21 minutes ago, akirby said:

Why do they need one?

That won't make or break them, but they could get two models out of it.A Ford and Lincoln version. People can laugh and joke about it but as old as the charger and challenger are, the challenger outsells the camaro, and their sales are going up. I am not saying one or two cars are going to save FORD,but it might get them more sales.

18 minutes ago, mustang let back said:

People can laugh and joke about it but as old as the charger and challenger are, the challenger outsells the camaro, and their sales are going up. I am not saying one or two cars are going to save FORD,but it might get them more sales.

Part of the reason why they are selling is that Dodge is offering up to $4850 rebates on both of them.

The Mustang offers a whopping $250

3 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Part of the reason why they are selling is that Dodge is offering up to $4850 rebates on both of them.

Not only that in certain parts of Chicago, dodge gives people 84 months to pay on their cars. I know a guy that bought a trackhawk that way, and he is on his second transmission now.

6 minutes ago, mustang let back said:

That won't make or break them, but they could get two models out of it.A Ford and Lincoln version. People can laugh and joke about it but as old as the charger and challenger are, the challenger outsells the camaro, and their sales are going up. I am not saying one or two cars are going to save FORD,but it might get them more sales.

Sales at the end of the day don't matter if you don't make money on them. The problem is that there still has been a sales loss when you look at 2013 to 2018 sales of the 300/Challenger/Charger, in a market that has gone up over million and a half units sold(15.6. in 2013 and 17.2 in 2018) 207,522 units were sold in 2013, in 2018 193,535 units were sold. That is 15K units out of an Assembly plant with fixed costs. It becomes harder and harder to justify development when you look at numbers and you know you can get much higher returns elsewhere with limited resources you have to invest. 

People also need to realize that Ford is going to need to reinvent the Mustang, or it will die. Ford can't have the model survive in its current form as it isn't resonating with more and more buyers. If that's a 4 door addition, electric or do they push the model to corvette like pricing to allow enough profit for development to continue. 

11 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

It's so irritating that people don't understand that you can sell a lot of vehicles if you price it low enough or put enough cash on the hood, but that's not a sustainable business model.

18 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

But aren't you comparing 2019 Challenger incentives with 2020 Mustang ones?  I'm not seeing the 2020 Challenger pricing & incentives yet.

HRG

4 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

But aren't you comparing 2019 Challenger incentives with 2020 Mustang ones?  I'm not seeing the 2020 Challenger pricing & incentives yet.

HRG

I wasn't comparing the actual incentives - I don't know what they are.  Just making a general statement about something that happens a lot around here.    Ford does it too from time to time (up to $5K on Edge right now).   Just saying people should take that into account when looking at sales volumes.

1 hour ago, jasonj80 said:

Sales at the end of the day don't matter if you don't make money on them. The problem is that there still has been a sales loss when you look at 2013 to 2018 sales of the 300/Challenger/Charger, in a market that has gone up over million and a half units sold(15.6. in 2013 and 17.2 in 2018) 207,522 units were sold in 2013, in 2018 193,535 units were sold. That is 15K units out of an Assembly plant with fixed costs. It becomes harder and harder to justify development when you look at numbers and you know you can get much higher returns elsewhere with limited resources you have to invest. 

People also need to realize that Ford is going to need to reinvent the Mustang, or it will die. Ford can't have the model survive in its current form as it isn't resonating with more and more buyers. If that's a 4 door addition, electric or do they push the model to corvette like pricing to allow enough profit for development to continue. 

You might have a good point on redoing the MUSTANG. My suggestion to them would be make it all aluminum like the f150, make a cheaper V8 version like the old LX MUSTANG, and give people V8 options, 5.0,5.8,or 7.0.If the price is dropped alot, they would sell more. The prices now on Mustangs are high. 105K fully loaded GT500. My 2014 GT500 was 62K. What in the hell happened to where the new one is over 40K more!!! Ok I know the DCT they say is 20k by itself, but dang.

2 minutes ago, mustang let back said:

You might have a good point on redoing the MUSTANG. My suggestion to them would be make it all aluminum like the f150, make a cheaper V8 version like the old LX MUSTANG, and give people V8 options, 5.0,5.8,or 7.0.If the price is dropped alot, they would sell more. The prices now on Mustangs are high. 105K fully loaded GT500. My 2014 GT500 was 62K. What in the hell happened to where the new one is over 40K more!!! Ok I know the DCT they say is 20k by itself, but dang.

There is no profit in selling them lower, yes you get volume but the volume isn't enough to off set the profit per unit, the more you sell the more you lose. Mustang is never going to be in that market, engine certification is millions in itself not to mention CAFE requirements.

Ford already offers a V8, RWD and aluminum body under BOF vehicle for 30K. Special order a stripper XL f-150 and you've got what you want. 

1 hour ago, jasonj80 said:

There is no profit in selling them lower, yes you get volume but the volume isn't enough to off set the profit per unit, the more you sell the more you lose. Mustang is never going to be in that market, engine certification is millions in itself not to mention CAFE requirements.

Ford already offers a V8, RWD and aluminum body under BOF vehicle for 30K. Special order a stripper XL f-150 and you've got what you want. 

Selling a car for 2 or 3 grand cheaper is not going to make or brake FORD.Im not interested in buying an xl f150

3 minutes ago, mustang let back said:

Selling a car for 2 or 3 grand cheaper is not going to make or brake FORD.Im not interested in buying an xl f150

It's BREAK not brake. 

Why would Ford reduce their profit by $3K per vehicle if they don't have to?   Just because you sell more vehicles doesn't mean you make more profit.   In that case you'd probably make a lot less money.

The base ecoboost mustang already offers the same or better performance as a 20 yr old Cobra V8 for $25K.  That's a bargain.

16 minutes ago, akirby said:

It's BREAK not brake. 

Why would Ford reduce their profit by $3K per vehicle if they don't have to?   Just because you sell more vehicles doesn't mean you make more profit.   In that case you'd probably make a lot less money.

The base ecoboost mustang already offers the same or better performance as a 20 yr old Cobra V8 for $25K.  That's a bargain.

My bad spell check captain, it was a typo from the phone.

7 minutes ago, mustang let back said:

What's wrong seems like your panties are bothering you. Do you have a problem or are you just filled with STUPIDITY?

I don’t like seeing people like you make stupid suggestions like they should lower the price just to sell more.

9 minutes ago, akirby said:

I don’t like seeing people like you make stupid suggestions like they should lower the price just to sell more.

Ah,someone can't handle the truth!Let's see Every Year Ford has sales on cars and trucks.Rebate here discounts there,4th of july sales, and all the other sales that they have, and guess what, some of those sales are thousands OFF OF whatever they are having sales on. Gm and fiat dodge does it, along with the rest of the INDUSTRY. So the stupidity is with you. 

Edited by mustang let back

10 minutes ago, mustang let back said:

Ah,someone can't handle the truth!Let's see Every Year Ford has sales on cars and trucks.Rebate here discounts there,4th of july sales, and all the other sales that they have, and guess what, some of those sales are thousands OFF OF whatever they are having sales on. Gm and fiat dodge does it, along with the rest of the INDUSTRY. So the stupidity is with you. 

eye roll.jpg

Ok that's enough with the personal attacks.  I admit I encouraged it but enough is enough.