The 2020 Land Rover Defender Is Finally Here And It Looks Awesome

IMSA-XJR9

22 hours ago, akirby said:

Ok but you could say the same thing about a BMW 540i vs. a Honda Accord.  

Fair enough -yes. 

A German BMW has a distinct road feel vs. the safe choice Honda appliance.  My wife has a BMW and I can certainly feel that German thing.  While I have no burning to desire to ever give up my Fords for it - she loves it though.

I seriously doubt that anyone would feel the difference between this and  the Jeep going up an easy USFS road while being packed to the max with a small amount of camping gear and forging a creek 1 foot deep. 

And, 'Jeep' already has the cool factor.  So no need to spend extra for that.

I'm sure well see it in the suburban school car pool line as a 'look what mamma is driving..." vehicle for those who can afford it.

18 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

I seriously doubt that anyone would feel the difference between this and  the Jeep going up an easy USFS road while being packed to the max with a small amount of camping gear and forging a creek 1 foot deep.

You don't think there is any difference in performance, ride quality and amenities on a $50K+ Land Rover vs. a $25K Renegade?    Seriously???

27 minutes ago, akirby said:

You don't think there is any difference in performance, ride quality and amenities on a $50K+ Land Rover vs. a $25K Renegade?    Seriously???

Yes, I do, they will be reveled and enjoyed in the car pool line, and the really expensive parking lot at Vail and Aspen, with the rest of the Land Rover lineup.  They have carved their niche and this fits right in.  The LR Defender faithful will be very disappointed- Jeep Wrangler still the only game in town.. No need to debate.  You always get the last word anyway.   

Edited by Kev-Mo