Ford Mustang Mach E and Baby Bronco

Hi all,

So as someone who has actually seen a preproduction prototypes of both of these units I want to to share some info about them since ive been receiving many questions recently. I believe Ford is making "Mustang" and "Bronco" a family of vehicles. 

The mach e will use the mustang running horse with lines lines going through the horse. I saw the logo on the front end (where grill would be) and also steering wheel (black horse with horizontal lines going through it.The sill plate literally says mustang on it with a running horse logo in black similar to this https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41DwwXOhe%2BL.jpg. This rendering of the front which ford teased in a video is 90% similar to the production intent vehicle. The rear uses the mustang tri bar design but with an extra light strip going through all 3 bars. The sloping roofline and rear hatch is quite similar to the jaguar ipace  I know many will be disappointing about the mustang name/logo but honestly it looks badass. 

https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F10%2Fmysterious-ford-hero.jpg%3Fquality%3D85?w=1440&auto=compress%2Cformat&ixlib=js-1.4.1&s=34eb1e5f88c5ae44cb73b9bd4a61b22c

The Baby bronco literally  says "Bronco" across the front grill and uses the bucking bronco logo on the steering wheel. These leak is 90% representative of the actual vehicle i saw except it said "Bronco" across the grill instead of "Ford"

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a25050309/ford-baby-bronco-jeep-first-photos/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

When do they get shown publicly?

Mach E in November. Most likely LA auto show. 

Baby bronco not sure but its launching prior to Mach E so sometime "soon",

Also wait till you see the new Ford F150. The Interior is absolutely HOT.

By end of 2020 Ford will have some absolutely cool and hot products selling. 

Edited by averagengineer
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the info. Any more info on the baby bronco? 

The bronco logo is one of ford’s most legendary logos. I feel like this should be featured prominently just like the mustang logo is. I’d like to see a plain black grille with the bronco emblem either centered or offset to the side like the cobra emblems on the mustang. I think that would look pretty cool. I don’t need “ford” or “bronco” spelled out in the grille. I know exactly what it is by seeing the logo.

2020-ford-shelby-mustang-gt500-ogi-2.jpg2016-Mustang-Shelby-Carscoops0.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the info! Anymore you can tell us about the Mach E exterior and interior design? 

From the spy shots, it looks smaller and more car than crossover I imagined it to be but I don't mind that as long as the design is a knockout. 

I'm interested in the Mach E as my next vehicle. As long as it's not priced out of my range. 

1 minute ago, Willwll313wll said:

Thanks for the info! Anymore you can tell us about the Mach E exterior and interior design? 

From the spy shots, it looks smaller and more car than crossover I imagined it to be but I don't mind that as long as the design is a knockout. 

I'm interested in the Mach E as my next vehicle. As long as it's not priced out of my range. 

The design is a knock out im my option but aesthetics are subjective. Very few hard buttons inside, threes a small digital instrument cluster and a HUGE infotainment screen that will feature SYNC 4. Embedded on the bottom of the in the infotainment screen is a contextual rotary knob. There's also a glass roof option which ive seen. Interior is a minimalist but sporty design. 

4 hours ago, averagengineer said:

Hi all,

So as someone who has actually seen a preproduction prototypes of both of these units I want to to share some info about them since ive been receiving many questions recently. I believe Ford is making "Mustang" and "Bronco" a family of vehicles. 

The mach e will use the mustang running horse with lines lines going through the horse. I saw the logo on the front end (where grill would be) and also steering wheel (black horse with horizontal lines going through it.The sill plate literally says mustang on it with a running horse logo in black similar to this https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41DwwXOhe%2BL.jpg. This rendering of the front which ford teased in a video is 90% similar to the production intent vehicle. The rear uses the mustang tri bar design but with an extra light strip going through all 3 bars. The sloping roofline and rear hatch is quite similar to the jaguar ipace  I know many will be disappointing about the mustang name/logo but honestly it looks badass.

Thanks for the info. I'm a bit of a Mustang purist but even excited about the Mach-E. The idea of Mustang's inspiration for an electric-powered 4-door crossover is a good one. I was not happy at first with the idea of running pony logo but starting to slowly accept it as part of the 'inspiration'. As for the 'Mustang' name on the sill plate, I will hold off thoughts until the actual reveal in November and hear what they say. If they can succeed with marketing and selling the Mach-E as part of Mustang's inspiration as part of the family while still calling it the Ford Mach-E and use the pony logo as in the image you posted, then I can see that working out okay. I'm now actually very excited about this and can say as of now with the info you just provided as well as what I already known for awhile now (aside from the 'Mustang' name on sillplate), I can say Ford may have a huge hit here! :)

The Baby bronco literally  says "Bronco" across the front grill and uses the bucking bronco logo on the steering wheel. These leak is 90% representative of the actual vehicle i saw except it said "Bronco" across the grill instead of "Ford"

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a25050309/ford-baby-bronco-jeep-first-photos/

It actually makes sense to use the 'Bronco' lettering instead of 'Ford' as part of Bronco family of vehicles. I'm excited about this also!

Mach E in November. Most likely LA auto show. 

Baby bronco not sure but its launching prior to Mach E so sometime "soon",

Also wait till you see the new Ford F150. The Interior is absolutely HOT.

By end of 2020 Ford will have some absolutely cool and hot products selling. 

Oh, I wasn't even aware that the Baby Bronco was going to be revealed sooner than the Mach-E. I figured at Chicago Auto Show in February as the soonest meaning the Mach-E being the first new Ford to be revealed in November. I'm guessing Baby Bronco will have its own standalone reveal which makes sense and surely the execs will discuss at length in details regarding the Bronco family as well. What did you mean by 'launching'? As in reveal or go into production?

Oh, now you got me excited about the new F-150 too! :) If you don't mind me asking, do you know when the next generation F-150 will be revealed and when it will go on sale?

Just knowing there's more all-new and refreshed Fords and Lincolns coming with what I already known as from this forum and official Ford announcements as well as what you provided, makes me even more excited and giddy. hehe :)

• Like 1

The Cuautitlan plant that made the Fiesta just shut down to retool last month

https://mexico-now.com/index.php/article/4921-ford-cuautitlan-to-cease-fiesta-production-in-august-retooling-for-electric-car-comes-next

I'm assuming that the retool process is going to be one of the longer ones (took 5 months to retool MAP from the Focus to Ranger, but only took 30 days basically do the same thing with the FWD Explorer to the RWD Explorer in Chicago) So I'd assume that its going to not start production til next January or so-Plus it helps with UAW contract negotiations that are going on later this fall. 

My hope is that Ford shows the full sized Bronco (or at least a teaser) with the Baby Bronco, just to keep the idiots on the internet in check...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, averagengineer said:

The design is a knock out im my option but aesthetics are subjective. Very few hard buttons inside, threes a small digital instrument cluster and a HUGE infotainment screen that will feature SYNC 4. Embedded on the bottom of the in the infotainment screen is a contextual rotary knob. There's also a glass roof option which ive seen. Interior is a minimalist but sporty design. 

I'm so excited. November can't come soon enough! I haven't been this excited for a Ford product since the 2015 Mustang. And this trumps that honestly (sorry to use his name). 

2 hours ago, passis said:

I wonder if the SYNC 4 coming to Mach E has the same vertical look as shown in a photo leaked, months ago, in a Chinese car

As far as I know, we'll see a mix of portrait and landscape-oriented screens over the coming years. I believe the current design edict is moving towards horizontal screens in most applications. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, averagengineer said:

Hi all,

https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F10%2Fmysterious-ford-hero.jpg%3Fquality%3D85?w=1440&auto=compress%2Cformat&ixlib=js-1.4.1&s=34eb1e5f88c5ae44cb73b9bd4a61b22c

E145AD63-3FC0-48CF-A1E2-A3A568EFDC26.jpeg

1 hour ago, Twin Turbo said:

Thank you for the info.........using the Mustang logo/name does not sit well with me, but it is what it is :(

I dont like it either, but Jeep has pulled off putting their name on a Fiat 500.

Porsche is selling a helluva lot of tarted up Volkswagen SUVs and still asking an insane amount for their cars.

It can be done with success, as long as the base brand remains class leading.

• Like 1

Very interesting on Bronco and Mustang becoming sub-brands. So, it will be a "Mustang Mach-E", which evokes an inherent performance purpose and does in fact roll off the tongue better than "Ford Mach-E". Much, I think, as the Velar is a Land Rover, but people don't generally refer to the underlying make but to the sub-brand. It is a Range Rover Velar, not a Land Rover Velar.