Ford Mustang Mach E and Baby Bronco

9 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

The problem is what do you call the vehicle the sub brand is named after? Is the bronco going to be the bronco bronco? ???

Good question. Going back to the Range Rover example, there are four distinct vehicles in the sub-brand. There is the compact Range Rover Evoque, the mid-sized Range Rover Velar, the somewhat larger (with, I think, an optional third row) mid-sized Range Rover Sport, and the full sized original Range Rover that has no third name. Everyone in the JLR world refer to it as the "full fat Range Rover."

30 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

The problem is what do you call the vehicle the sub brand is named after? Is the bronco going to be the bronco bronco? ???

LOL

Not really-this is the hypothesis I have:

Bronco 2 door

Bronco 4 Door

Bronco Sport (pickup)

Bronco Adventurer/Scout/Maverick or whatever the small CUV is going to be called.

8 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Thank you for the info.........using the Mustang logo/name does not sit well with me, but it is what it is :(

Anything you can share on S550/S650 would be appreciated. From what I can gather, we'll get a refresh for '21MY and, potentially, an all new car for '23MY.

:)

Honestly dont know much about mustang atm but what you said is my current understanding as well. 23 MY/s650 should have a MHT (hybrid) that will be crazy. Think Lincoln aviator GT power train, not sure if it will be a plugin but a V6 or maybe even v8 with electric motor sandwiched between the engine and 10 speed tranny. The toque on it will be mind blowing

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

Very interesting on Bronco and Mustang becoming sub-brands. So, it will be a "Mustang Mach-E", which evokes an inherent performance purpose and does in fact roll off the tongue better than "Ford Mach-E". Much, I think, as the Velar is a Land Rover, but people don't generally refer to the underlying make but to the sub-brand. It is a Range Rover Velar, not a Land Rover Velar.

Yup there will be a performance version (Mach E GT) just like the mustang. I think it's going to inherit the mustang magnaride suspension as well some other ford performance hardware. 3.5 sec 0-60 is the target im hearing for the GT variant

39 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

does the baby bronco just look “rugged” or will it actually have something to back up the looks? Does it have the rear seats that slide back 6” like the escape? Anything about the interior that you can describe?

It will be capable off road. It will have driveline control module and e locker disconnect (forgot if just rear or front as well). It will be able to rock crawl as well. Interior is nothing fancy but more fore utility, storage, and very easy to hose down if if gets dirty off roading.

Edited by averagengineer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, averagengineer said:

It will be capable off road. It will have driveline control module and e locker disconnect (forgot if just rear or front as well). It will be able to rock crawl as well. Interior is nothing fancy but more fore utility, storage, and very easy to hose down if if gets dirty off roading.

Thats good news, I had a vinyl floor in my f150 years ago and loved it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, averagengineer said:

Honestly dont know much about mustang atm but what you said is my current understanding as well. 23 MY/s650 should have a MHT (hybrid) that will be crazy. Think Lincoln aviator GT power train, not sure if it will be a plugin but a V6 or maybe even v8 with electric motor sandwiched between the engine and 10 speed tranny. The toque on it will be mind blowing

Thank you. I would certainly appreciate any Mustang information you come across.

I had assumed the Mustang hybrid would come once S650 moved to the CD6 architecture, and that it would use the Aviator GT power train. This would still be a pretty awesome Mustang, but then Ford did patent a V8 with twin electric motors. I appreciate not everything that gets a patent sees production, but a hybrid V8 would be my preference, simply because its the best of both worlds. Guess we'll just need to wait until that '23MY :)

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/01/ford-patents-v8-two-electric-motors-hybrid-system-mustang-going-awd/#targetText=First noticed by Autoguide%2C the,motors power the front wheels.

50f28f95-ford-v8-hybrid-2.jpg