APIM Issues Forever

Bob Durk

6 minutes ago, Bob Durk said:

Can someone of authority tell me why the APIM module has been a grief for so many of us for so long? :cry:

When I research the issue they date back many years ago and haven't been corrected yet. What is going on?

Electronics suck and have sucked since they were invented... Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott put it best;

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trying to save an extra dedicated part and use one module for multi tasking.

My new F150 sat at the dealer for weeks because of module issues and programming.

I drove to work one morning when it was 16 degrees F with the windows down because I had no heater , defroster , radio, back up camera , etc.. blamed on the module.

• Like 1

The list of electronic engineering issues blanket the complete manufacturing industry. From voice command kitchen appliances to the home entertainment products. There are many root causes for these issues like R&D to actual trials prior to general releasing of the features on products to the consumers. But the one true issue that causes so many inconveniences to the consumers is the rush manufactures feel they have to get these just slightly proven or tested products in the hands of the consumers. Of course that feeling of rush, rush is based in greed and the every popular "I got it first" or "its sitting in my driveway, not yours, first" consumer syndrome....

Bob, welcome to the 21st century, by your post it is apparent that you`ve been caught of guard or unaware of your new position. You didn't just purchase a vehicle.... you my fellow consumer are now an unpaid member of the after market research & development team. Make sure you fill out all the ever so pleasant snail mail, email and text responses for rating your experiences as a purchaser, dealer service recipient and in general how`d things go, requests. One last thing, I am sure if you are a consumer of any Apple stuff you have even experienced some inconvenience with the most consumer driven manufacture in the world, you know... "update is available" ...."come on update is ready"...  just to wake up to your Apple thingy sitting there just smiling while reading out see I didn`t need your permission... naanaa  I updated without you while you were sleeping 37 minutes from work if you take Interstate 94.......  

customerviewpoint@customerviewpointfeedback.com

Ford Customer Service

Mr. Matt Bradley, Director

North American, Ford Customer Service division

Once again thank you for purchasing one of the number one consumer rated and one of the highest consumer purchased vehicles in North America.  Ford,  built with consumer R&D.

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Decker said:

The list of electronic engineering issues blanket the complete manufacturing industry. From voice command kitchen appliances to the home entertainment products. There are many root causes for these issues like R&D to actual trials prior to general releasing of the features on products to the consumers. But the one true issue that causes so many inconveniences to the consumers is the rush manufactures feel they have to get these just slightly proven or tested products in the hands of the consumers. Of course that feeling of rush, rush is based in greed and the every popular "I got it first" or "its sitting in my driveway, not yours, first" consumer syndrome....

Bob, welcome to the 21st century, by your post it is apparent that you`ve been caught of guard or unaware of your new position. You didn't just purchase a vehicle.... you my fellow consumer are now an unpaid member of the after market research & development team. Make sure you fill out all the ever so pleasant snail mail, email and text responses for rating your experiences as a purchaser, dealer service recipient and in general how`d things go, requests. One last thing, I am sure if you are a consumer of any Apple stuff you have even experienced some inconvenience with the most consumer driven manufacture in the world, you know... "update is available" ...."come on update is ready"...  just to wake up to your Apple thingy sitting there just smiling while reading out see I didn`t need your permission... naanaa  I updated without you while you were sleeping 37 minutes from work if you take Interstate 94.......  

Ford Customer Service

Once again thank you for purchasing one of the number one consumer rated and one of the highest consumer purchased vehicles in North America.  Ford,  built with consumer R&D.

Appreciate your response. We love the 2019 Titanium Edge after trading our 2019 Acura for a grinding brake issue they couldn't solve. Today the dealer replaced my APIM module. My fingers are crossed that it holds out.

Signed,

Test Dummy 

Edited by Bob Durk
  • Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:49 AM, Decker said:

Ford Customer Service

Mr. Bradley,

More news from the 'Test Dummy'. After enjoying a full day of driving with the new APIM, low and behold as we were motoring down the road, the car cut off completely and had to maneuvered to a safe landing spot. At the left side of speedometer, every safety feature blinked in secession that they were all not working. Obviously so since the car itself had disabled itself. Called the 1-800 tow service, which by the time all the prompts were completed, our cellphone battery came close to dying. Sweating to death in (feels like 100 0 heat in Atlanta) we finally got the car back to the dealer. Diagnosis: faulty accelerator gas/oxygen ratio unit. :cry: Dealer supplied us another loaner and said we can expect to have it back in 2 to 3 days.  With mileage now at 300 we have experienced an issue at 100 then 200 and now 300 miles. They say things usually come in 3's so hopefully from here on out it will be clear sailing.:lurk: Don't worry, if it isn't we'll be communicating again. :soapbox:

Signed,

Test Dummy

52 minutes ago, Decker said:

Bob, that`s a great communication to be sent to Mr. Bradley. I`m glad to hear you and your family are safe. But don`t give up, be the squeaky wheel.

You bet, thnx. It's nice to have him as a contact. It would have been worse if we were on an interstate or several hundred miles from home.

• 3 months later...