Getting a new ride

Well the transmission in my 2013 fusion crapped out on me this week and the cost to replace it is almost as much as what the car is worth so it looks like I’m getting a new ride.

Now normally getting a new vehicle is a pretty exciting time, however none of ford’s current products really excite me knowing that so many  new and refreshed vehicles are coming out in the next two years, but I need a car so I gotta pick something.

I thought I had it pretty much narrowed down to a ranger lariat with black appearance package, but my local dealer didn’t even have a lariat for me to sit much less test drive, so I went up there to drive an xlt they did have. I liked the truck. It drove nice although it felt a bit floaty. The engine was great. Loved the ride height. Its biggest downfall for me was the interior. It just felt cramped and old. Now if I didn’t have a family, it’d be perfect. 

While at the dealership, I saw they had some new 2020 explorers so we decided to drive one just for fun. We test drove just an xlt with no options. For being the “base” model, the xlt is surprisingly well equipped, and the interior design looked great (much better in person) and the materials used felt nice. I believe the engine is the same 2.3l ecoboost that’s in the ranger with a different tune. It felt noticeably slower than the ranger of the line, but still felt adequate. Acceleration felt better in passing situations though.  My wife really liked it and the interior just felt so much better than the ranger. So it looks like an explorer is in our future. Just waiting on the dealer to get the one we want shipped in. Hopefully they get it in tomorrow and I’ll have a new car this weekend.

Edited by T-dubz
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Well the transmission in my 2013 fusion crapped out on me this week and the cost to replace it is almost as much as what the car is worth so it looks like I’m getting a new ride.

Now normally getting a new vehicle is a pretty exciting time, however none of ford’s current products really excite me knowing that so many  new and refreshed vehicles are coming out in the next two years, but I need a car so I gotta pick something.

Two year lease on a new Fusion would put you square into the mix of all the new stuff Ford will be debuting in the coming 18-24 months... 

22 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Two year lease on a new Fusion would put you square into the mix of all the new stuff Ford will be debuting in the coming 18-24 months... 

I’m gonna surprise the wife and let her have the explorer and I’ll use her escape until some of the cool stuff comes out.

• Like 1