Ford workers told to expect tentative agreement soon

deflep1

16 minutes ago, Decker said:

Isn`t there a delayed period to apply depends on employee heath care coverage, for in progression members? I could be out dated with my info. I should have said drop or reduce the length of time before depends our covered.  

Like I said last night, I was able to add both of my kids to my plan as soon as I got their social security cards in the mail. It just took like 2 weeks to process because any time you have to call NESC it takes forever to go through. 

48 minutes ago, doomed said:

I never heard any union people saying anything about our contract except they are working on it. We won't hear anything until GMs comes out I would imagine. 

Why would the IUAW Ford Department release anything about or for Ford negotiation's? Prior to a ratification of the "target contract negotiation`s"?

"Pattern Negotiation`s" get it?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TIGER66 said:

I guess they were wrong. It’s been 8 days since they told us to expect a contract soon

Wait a minute... "they" are never wrong. What "they" told you to expect is what "they" must have "heard someone say" and so if that is what "someone said", then "they" can`t be wrong.... right?

"They" are right, we should expect a contract..... soon <--- just a figure of speak, "they" do that a lot :future:

Edited by Decker
cause

I personally disagree with their politics but if I saw them on the picket line I would thank Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren for showing up.Maybe it will put some pressure on GM to settle.GM was given an awful lot of help to avoid bankruptcy.GM burned investors.I see that FCAU {a company also given help}is currently building a plant in Detroit.Maybe this time around the union picked the most difficult company to be the "lead".Its looking like this could be a long one.

Politicians are swinging by for a photo op along with some IUAW people to "walk the line" photo op.

Obama and his supporters bailed out GM (our competition) and it cost taxpayers around 11 billion in loss.

Only an idiot can try to spin an 11 billion loss as a success.

20 minutes ago, cal50 said:

Politicians are swinging by for a photo op along with some IUAW people to "walk the line" photo op.

Obama and his supporters bailed out GM (our competition) and it cost taxpayers around 11 billion in loss.

Only an idiot would spend 28 billion to bailout our farmers from his trade war. F/it it’s only taxpayer $. 

I know this game

Only an idiot would pay dues to a corrupt union and then give them the power to strike.

it's ok, I'm an idiot too. Help  us not be idiots and ratify a contract with a nice separation package and pension buy out please. Today looks like a good day to produce a tentative agreement, take the gamble Gamble.

3 hours ago, Grandmaster B said:

Only an idiot would spend 28 billion to bailout our farmers from his trade war. F/it it’s only taxpayer $. 

Guess where tariff money goes..............

"Tariffs typically get paid by licensed importers.

And they get collected by the Bureau of Customs and Border Protection.

That money goes to the U.S. Treasury and becomes part of the general budget."

The auto bailout was TAXPAYER funds , not tariff money.

Want to keep guessing or buy a vowel ?

• Like 2

After raising dues for oh lets see the strike fund.... then using Joint Programs money for...  well the seed of corruption was planned a while back.

The UAW president in 1970 was Leonard Woodcock, who succeeded to the position after Walter Reuther, president from 1946 to 1968, died in a plane crash. Woodcock and his ultimate successor Douglas Fraser continued the institutional culture instilled by Reuther, in which union leaders received relatively low pay and perquisites and were held to the highest standard of honesty.

But over the years the Reuther culture seems to have gone extinct, with UAW officials accused of or in some cases already found guilty of corruption and such pleasantries as being greeted on the front lawn by FBI & IRS agents.....

Joint Programs were started in 1982 at the Big 3. 1986 agreement put in place even more joint programs one joint venture was called Develop & Provide Joint Training Program.... or at that point is where the membership became the front for the real contract agreements.... started.

No idiots in the UAW just those that pay for the good times and those that finally get caught. Hope the BBQ and Pizza Oven are working out Dennis :hat_tip:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grandmaster B said:

I was afraid this would turn into trump Bashing.Sir, there is not a direct comparison between the GM bailout and tariff`s being paid to farmers to help them stay afloat during the trade war with China.Sir,China can be  a threat to the USA.They manipulate,steal,spy,sell dangerous product,dump.If China one day is able to cause cyber security issues with the power grid and our banks,what would you be screaming for the government to do then?Well whatever,it will be too late.2 entirely seperate issues.

• Like 1

The Chinese government has its hands in most Chinese business. ANY foreign company manufacturing in China also releases intellectual property to China.

Besides dirt cheap labor no one will ever compete with , no EPA, OSHA , China can also devalue its currency to make goods even cheaper.

Tariffs are designed to compensate for these conditions or even the costs at which point some of the product will move here , brought back here or purchased from another country other than China.

I hope president Trump crashes the Chinese economy and no more US dollars building their economy putting US manufacturing at a bigger disadvantage.

The "cash for clunkers" was another government program bust that aided out competition.

Most of the taxpayer money put in when to Asian car companies and not the "Big three"

6 hours ago, cal50 said:

Guess where tariff money goes..............

"Tariffs typically get paid by licensed importers.

And they get collected by the Bureau of Customs and Border Protection.

That money goes to the U.S. Treasury and becomes part of the general budget."

The auto bailout was TAXPAYER funds , not tariff money.

Want to keep guessing or buy a vowel ?

Spin it how you want. It’s still the taxpayers bailing out the farmers. Learn a book.

5 hours ago, Fatso said:

I was afraid this would turn into trump Bashing.Sir, there is not a direct comparison between the GM bailout and tariff`s being paid to farmers to help them stay afloat during the trade war with China.Sir,China can be  a threat to the USA.They manipulate,steal,spy,sell dangerous product,dump.If China one day is able to cause cyber security issues with the power grid and our banks,what would you be screaming for the government to do then?Well whatever,it will be too late.2 entirely seperate issues.

Learn how to write. 

Copy of letter from the International dated Sept 18th was passed around LAP today.  It states "At this time, we have 11 out of 20 subcommittees that have reached a tentative agreement."  

As usual, the Ford UAW is moving on along.  If this contract doesn't have a raise in our LIB or a raise for past retirees it's a big no for me.  We haven't had a raise in our retirement LIB for at least 12 years.  The 2nd tier folks might scoff at us for this because we have a company funded retirement but we didn't have a choice, there were no other options.  Instead of benefiting from the stock market we have a retirement that is entirely dependent upon the company's benevolence and they haven't felt benevolent for way too long now.  Imagine if after 18 yrs of working your retirement freezes while you continue to work another 12 yrs.    

10 hours ago, pmooret said:

The 2nd tier folks might scoff at us for this because we have a company funded retirement 

Yeah we will but we have to stand with the membership. Just know that you’ll be fighting for something that’s not gonna happen, and you’ll be hurting families that are not as well off as yourselves. I’ll still stand and fight with you guys though. 

3 hours ago, cal50 said:

Math.

Try it sometime.

(The USA has collected more than 63 billion thus far)

Spin away cal. 36b of that 63b is from tariffs that have been in place for decades. That 36b goes to run the government, and Interest payments on our debt. Trumps tariffs have brought in 27b from importers...not China(a big misconception). That tax is then passed down to the consumer(that’s us brah!). The bailout for the farmers is at 28b so far. So let’s do some math. 27b-28b=-1billion. 

On 9/24/2019 at 10:06 AM, cal50 said:

Bush initiated and signed the bailouts for the record.