Ford workers told to expect tentative agreement soon

deflep1

3 hours ago, cecilmeyer said:

You think Obama was worse than Bush? My God Bush started a war with  Iraq that destroyed their nation and killed millions of people based on a lie and you think Obama was worse??????????????????????????????

Obama is the only US president in history to never have a single year (1) of 3% GDP.

He killed the US economy but did deliver pallets of cash to Iran and stimulated their economy so they likely miss the guy, for good reason.

Bush did far less damage to the US economy than Obama.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ididntdoit said:

with the current UAW elected leadership no UAW member has credibility to criticize any president. We elect corruption and blame politicians not a good combo. 

Let's get the "Give me a contract" chant going and start picketing the union halls.

What working members voted for IUAW reps again ?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sterling Archer said:

Millions of people? Exaggerate much Cecilmeyer ?

Brown University’s Costs of War Project this month released a new estimate of the total death toll from the U.S. wars in three countries: Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. The numbers, while conservatively estimated, are staggering. Brown’s researchers estimate that at least 480,000 people have been directly killed by violence over the course of these conflicts, more than 244,000 of them civilians. In addition to those killed by direct acts violence, the number of indirect deaths — those resulting from disease, displacement, and the loss of critical infrastructure — is believed to be several times higher, running into the millions.

Not an exaggeration at all. On top of that how many suicides have there been for U.S military personal? How can you be so incredibly callous about this? 

14 hours ago, jose said:

couldn't agree more!

The Supreme court has ruled that a corporation my contribute unlimited $$$$ to people running for office.2 candidates were seeking donations from Exxon,Apple,JP Morgan/Chase etc.They were brought in to be interviewed.Candidate #1 we have only 1 question for you.What does 1 plus 1 equal?Why,that is easy,one plus one equals 2.The correct answer is 2!Candidate #2 when asked the same question responded,that is easy.One plus one equals whatever YOU TELL ME TO SAY it equals.Meantime we are suppose to kill each other over race and what else?By the way healthcare is NOT "free".The taxpayers will see a tax increase payable evey month.Now how easily you will be able to access this "free" healthcare and the quality of this "free" healthcare reamains to be determined but the taxpayers will pay for it,NOT the corporations who simply pass along tax increases to their consumers.Smaller government= more freedom.Come get my gun , kitty face,Beto {press 1 for english},,,but first,,,I got some ammo for ya!

Edited by Fatso
  • Thanks 1

Trying to get back on topic...word is Ford & Chrysler have deals all wrapped up and are waiting for GM to settle then make sure the proposals are close enough to present to both of us. My original topic headline was printed in both Detroit papers and shown on all 4 local tv networks. The Ford UAW negotiators were very confident 2 days before GM went out on strike that a deal was very close for us and said to expect a settlement soon. I don't know if it wishful thinking, or if they hit some of the same stumbling blocks that GM hit. Our contract will again be a little different than GM's. They have different rules on the use of temps and may still get to use more than us. We also might differ on the path to becoming full time. Other than that the 3 contracts should be very similar. Early word for us is a $7,500 signing bonus, plus pulling ahead an additional $2,000 from next years' profit sharing. Very close to what we got in the last contract. No word yet on raise/lump sum bonus yet, but the every other year 2% and lump sums in the other 2 years will probably be close, since GM offered that right before the strike happened. The strikers get their first $250 strike payment Monday, and I believe a tentative agreement will be reached very soon thereafter.

10 hours ago, deflep1 said:

Trying to get back on topic...word is Ford & Chrysler have deals all wrapped up and are waiting for GM to settle then make sure the proposals are close enough to present to both of us. My original topic headline was printed in both Detroit papers and shown on all 4 local tv networks. The Ford UAW negotiators were very confident 2 days before GM went out on strike that a deal was very close for us and said to expect a settlement soon. I don't know if it wishful thinking, or if they hit some of the same stumbling blocks that GM hit. Our contract will again be a little different than GM's. They have different rules on the use of temps and may still get to use more than us. We also might differ on the path to becoming full time. Other than that the 3 contracts should be very similar. Early word for us is a $7,500 signing bonus, plus pulling ahead an additional $2,000 from next years' profit sharing. Very close to what we got in the last contract. No word yet on raise/lump sum bonus yet, but the every other year 2% and lump sums in the other 2 years will probably be close, since GM offered that right before the strike happened. The strikers get their first $250 strike payment Monday, and I believe a tentative agreement will be reached very soon thereafter.

I don't know what might be in it, but I was told by my committeeman last week that 18 of the 20 sub-committees have tentative agreements. 

On 9/29/2019 at 12:23 PM, Sterling Archer said:

So 480,000 equals MILLIONS ? Now thats a stretch...Let me guess...You tell people 6 inches is really a foot?

BTW I am ONE OF THOSE former military personal !

Brown University’s Costs of War Project this month released a new estimate of the total death toll from the U.S. wars in three countries: Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. The numbers, while conservatively estimated, are staggering. Brown’s researchers estimate that at least 480,000 people have been directly killed by violence over the course of these conflicts, more than 244,000 of them civilians. In addition to those killed by direct acts violence, the number of indirect deaths — those resulting from disease, displacement, and the loss of critical infrastructure — is believed to be several times higher, running into the millions.

18 hours ago, deflep1 said:

They're gonna "CHEESE" us by offering us $500 less than GM`s signing bonus?$2000 "pull ahead" on profit sharing.Miserly 2% lump sum/wage increase?I hypothetically vote NO!

Edited by Fatso

13 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

what's left of IUAW  bargaining credibility fades little by little everyday they fail to bring us a contract to vote on.

I assumed that progress was being made when GM agreed to pay for the strikers healthcare.Paying benefits to strikers?If temps are the sticking point.How about giving them paid time off and all the benefits just like permanent employees get BUT everything else stays the same?I mean after all they did apply for what was clearly advertised as a "temporary" position.GM is gonna start to feel the heat when their inventories dwindle.

The UAW didn't like GM latest proposal on Monday night and offered a counterproposal. The UAW said the proposal came up short in areas such as health care, wages, temps, skilled trades and job security. I thought GM was moving closer to the unions' needs, but it appears they are moving further away. The scary news this weekend was when GM CEO Mary Barra said they were going all electric by 2030 and killing all gas and diesel production. You lose all engine and transmission plants and their endgame will be to save tons of money by moving ALL production to China soon thereafter. Making electric batteries is much cheaper in China, with rare earth minerals being mined there. I can see why GM doesn't want to hire any more full time workers, they don't want to have to buy them out in the next decade. I think we Legacy workers might be the last generation of US auto workers. Ford and Chrysler might take longer to follow suit, but long term this isn't good for ANY of us, and the UAW is VERY worried about it. England and France have already stated a ban on internal combustion engines by 2040, meaning no new ICE in anything after that year. More and more countries are talking about following suit even sooner, and you can bet the cheapest labor markets will be supplying the world with electrics...I don't see the US being in that equation. I doubt GM can meet that 2030 timeline, but if they are even halfway there, HALF the US auto jobs will be gone by then. I hope our UAW Ford national team is correct in their confidence of a quick settlement. GM and the UAW are in a dogfight and we could be in the same boat.