2019 Ranger Options

Shelby Driver

I noticed a couple of things when searching online for the "perfect" Ranger (for me).

I saw online, the note about the B&O stereo for only the crew cab.  But also saw an add from a dealer stating that their Lariat extended cab had the B&O stereo.

So I did some checking and found out, that the only way to get the B&O stereo was to order the "501" Technology package with the Lariat crew cab (was told I can't get it in the Lariat extended cab version by a nice lady at Ford Marketing HQ).  I can get everything else with the "501" tech pkg, just not the B&O stereo (same price, $1,795.00 additional) :(

Also, there is another technology package (for $795.00), that has adaptive cruise and navigation, but nothing else...

Why didn't Ford create one "501" technology package for both the crew cab (the B&O stereo with 10 speakers), and one for the extended cab (with a B&O stereo with 6 speakers) ???

Just a thought.

Thanks

On 9/14/2019 at 3:57 PM, Shelby Driver said:

I noticed a couple of things when searching online for the "perfect" Ranger (for me).

I saw online, the note about the B&O stereo for only the crew cab.  But also saw an add from a dealer stating that their Lariat extended cab had the B&O stereo.

So I did some checking and found out, that the only way to get the B&O stereo was to order the "501" Technology package with the Lariat crew cab (was told I can't get it in the Lariat extended cab version by a nice lady at Ford Marketing HQ).  I can get everything else with the "501" tech pkg, just not the B&O stereo (same price, $1,795.00 additional) :(

Also, there is another technology package (for $795.00), that has adaptive cruise and navigation, but nothing else...

Why didn't Ford create one "501" technology package for both the crew cab (the B&O stereo with 10 speakers), and one for the extended cab (with a B&O stereo with 6 speakers) ???

Just a thought.

Thanks

It unfair to those who opt for the 501A package on a SuperCab in not getting the B&O system with 10 speakers and not being credited somehow for this fact. I do not know of any additional features added to the SuperCab to somehow compensate.

I suppose that Ford figures that most SuperCab buyers will not notice this, did not get by you or me however.

5 hours ago, Mokume said:

It unfair to those who opt for the 501A package on a SuperCab in not getting the B&O system with 10 speakers and not being credited somehow for this fact. I do not know of any additional features added to the SuperCab to somehow compensate.

I suppose that Ford figures that most SuperCab buyers will not notice this, did not get by you or me however.

Have you had an opportunity to inspect a 501A Lariat SuperCab, to make sure it DOESN'T have a B&O system? 

HRG

Edited by HotRunrGuy

Hi HotRunrGuy.

Actually, no.

I was going by the 2019 Ford Ranger website:  (B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen with HD Radio™ (SuperCrew® only), • Ten(10) Speakers and Subwoofer (SuperCrew® only)), and by what the "nice lady at Ford Marketing HQ" said.

I'm gonna be (expletive deleted) if both were wrong... :(

Ugh.

12 minutes ago, Shelby Driver said:

Hi HotRunrGuy.

Actually, no.

I was going by the 2019 Ford Ranger website:  (B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen with HD Radio™ (SuperCrew® only), • Ten(10) Speakers and Subwoofer (SuperCrew® only)), and by what the "nice lady at Ford Marketing HQ" said.

I'm gonna be (expletive deleted) if both were wrong... :(

Ugh.

Hahaha!  I only bring it up because, like you mentioned, they are charging the same price for the 501A package on both SuperCrew and Supercab, yet clearly not supplying the same level of equipment.

A guy can hope, no?  HRG

ps; there are supposedly a couple of 501A SCab's near me, maybe I'll stop by the dealers this weekend and take a look.

Edited by HotRunrGuy

On 9/19/2019 at 8:41 PM, HotRunrGuy said:

ps; there are supposedly a couple of 501A SCab's near me, maybe I'll stop by the dealers this weekend and take a look.

Sorry, I went 0 for 2 today. Of the 2 dealers near me that showed them in inventory, I couldn't find it on the lot at 1 dealer, the other dealer had one, but I could not get a good enough view thru the window to see the B&O logo's anywhere.

HRG

On 9/19/2019 at 2:21 AM, HotRunrGuy said:

Have you had an opportunity to inspect a 501A Lariat SuperCab, to make sure it DOESN'T have a B&O system? 

HRG

Reaching out to Ford both by online chat and actual conversation confirmed that the entertainment system on 2020 Lariat SuperCabs with the 501A package is the exact same system that a XLT Supercab with the 302A package is equipped with.

That is, a non B&O system with 6 speakers in all.

I've no problem with Ford's decision to install this particular system in a SuperCab given space confinements, but argue that the cost of the 501A package ($1,795 for 2019 models) between a SuperCab and SuperCrew is not adjusted accordingly.

Ford charges $1,795 for the 501A package regardless of the cab style.

9 hours ago, Mokume said:

Reaching out to Ford both by online chat and actual conversation confirmed that the entertainment system on 2020 Lariat SuperCabs with the 501A package is the exact same system that a XLT Supercab with the 302A package is equipped with.

That is, a non B&O system with 6 speakers in all.

I've no problem with Ford's decision to install this particular system in a SuperCab given space confinements, but argue that the cost of the 501A package ($1,795 for 2019 models) between a SuperCab and SuperCrew is not adjusted accordingly.

Ford charges $1,795 for the 501A package regardless of the cab style.

What Ford or any other mfr charges for a package or option doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with the cost to produce it.

Why do they charge the same for the supercab without the B&O?  Because they can.

3 minutes ago, akirby said:

What Ford or any other mfr charges for a package or option doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with the cost to produce it.

Why do they charge the same for the supercab without the B&O?  Because they can.

And your point is?

1 minute ago, akirby said:

I thought you were implying that Ford made a mistake by not adjusting the price.  It’s not a mistake.

I was not implying anything at all Sir, just remarking.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and observations, as well as I.

Have a pleasant evening.