Mercury Cougar Veyron

I came [-] this close to trading my Fusion for a mint 2002 Cougar a few weeks ago... it was a 25th Anniversary edition with crazy low miles. Back when I was 19, I was on my way to trade my Expedition for an '02 Cougar but got t-boned by a drunk driver on the way to the dealership. They sold her while I was sorting out insurance, costing me my chance. I've wanted one ever since. 

Finally talked myself out of it as it would have been even less practical than the Fusion for baby carrier duty. Once the lease is up on this awful Cruze and we get her something proper... I'll have something fun again. 

16 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

I came [-] this close to trading my Fusion for a mint 2002 Cougar a few weeks ago... it was a 25th Anniversary edition with crazy low miles. Back when I was 19, I was on my way to trade my Expedition for an '02 Cougar but got t-boned by a drunk driver on the way to the dealership. They sold her while I was sorting out insurance, costing me my chance. I've wanted one ever since. 

Finally talked myself out of it as it would have been even less practical than the Fusion for baby carrier duty. Once the lease is up on this awful Cruze and we get her something proper... I'll have something fun again. 

The engine and manual trans was good in that car. However, that platform was awful for things going wrong. The Contour and Mistake, which is what the Cougar was based, was an engineering nightmare. You don't see too many of those on the road anymore. Nostalgia is one thing, being a masochist is another.

• akirby changed the title to Mercury Cougar Veyron
42 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

The engine and manual trans was good in that car. However, that platform was awful for things going wrong. The Contour and Mistake, which is what the Cougar was based, was an engineering nightmare. You don't see too many of those on the road anymore. Nostalgia is one thing, being a masochist is another.

My first car was a Contour, I knew what I was in for. ;)