GM/ IUAW contract negotiations

Fatso

"WE" need more dollars for lawyers,I mean UAW activities,Gary Jones."The best thing you can do for yourself right now is to plead guilty and start the sentence.As a matter of fact I wont even talk to you",Mary Barra.Question is,without knowing all the details,would GM`s base offer "pass" at Ford?Keeping our great healthcare with no co-insurance pays is nice.8 grand signing bonus,aint too shabby.Production will decide if the contract passes or fails.I would vote NO.The company can shave some time off the lower tiers wage progression and also 10 grand is better than 8.Yeah FEDS!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

need to strike for 8 days before you're eligible for strike benefits, strike for 5 to save some of the credibility of the IUAW and use it as a loophole to tap into more strike funds without paying members. That's what I see.

Is there any way the hard-working,dues paying members DONT get screwed?Or are we all 'strippers' walking around,lighting cigars?

Edited by Fatso

Same group that needed to raise our (their party money) dues...... cause??

If anyone thinks region 5 be the only big spenders... think again. Our local sent 100K to region 4 to help remodel the Greathouse facility after a fire. It was asked why send 100K didn't the region have insurance? Then there is the Local pay for them to play fund... CAP (Call for Another Party) Oh Oh Oh then there is the come on buy these T-Shirts from Jimmy`s niece thingy.... etc etc etc

Amazing shit one see`s and experiences while sitting on a local eboard..... back in the day I heard over and over......come on dam it you old long hair!!!! I don`t care that your local went to one shift!!!! cash one of those CD`s and send more people to Black Lake!!!! dam it or just buy 10K of CAP tickets.....

Ahhh if the average member wasn`t so easily bull shitted. This shits been going on as far back as when the regional auditor sat on our eboard as the locals temporary financial secretary paid him self, got his wife (local secretary) a big severance check and then made out her next weeks check, never did stop her employment... then charged guests (at the door) of retired members to come to the retiree`s Christmas party, but strange no records of any deposits to the locals bank for the proceeds from the guests???   

Hmmm Region 4 Director swish-------> IUAW President (now a Black Lake Homeowners Organization Member)

Stop and think.... where did the IUAW start, local then region then? In most cases this shit goes from the top to the bottom.  I`ll never forget the fatherly discussion...son (Dennis ain`t my Dad)  if you`d just act right you could be going here and doing that as much as you want, I got big plans for you. WAIT WAIT let me get my Kevlar on.....

• Like 1

If one or two people can funnel off a million plus and no one notice they are :

A) Inept and clueless.

B) Part of the scam.

C) Inept , clueless AND part of the scam.

The people at the top have done more to damage the unions image than all the working members paying dues.

I doubt its an isolated case of fraud and theft.

• Like 1

Ok I just put my tin foil hat. As I see it the union officials seem to have two main income flows charities and the companies. Now outside of the FBI what do they hate to see? I’ll tell you they don’t want to see their contract turned down by the membership. It looks bad on them and the companies probably get pissed.

That being said, I don’t see how they weren’t going to strike. They needed to punch the membership in the mouth. The companies have made a lot of money and the membership wants to recoup what they gave up in the past. There was a contract that was turned down last time that was a big surprise to the bargaining parties. Now they definitely don’t want that to happen again! So a strike was inevitable. The company is definitely not going to go back to one tier and get rid of the abuse of temps. So where does that leave us? Walking the picket line.

So now the “real bargaining” ? ? can begin. Isn’t it funny that GM put that out there details of the negotiations? Then the union is like oh we received that offer so late . It’s actually pretty good and we would have thought about bringing it to the membership. Which contained the usual allocations for plants and 8000 grand. Then the medical benefits talk comes out. They are just throwing out bread crumbs for the membership to chew on. 

Now after however long the DEAL will come out. It will be SWEETER than the reported details of the previous offer. The membership will have spent some time off work contemplating being on strike. It will not include HUGE gains closing the gap between the tiers and not a fundamental change in temps position in the company. It will probably have that big 10,000$ number and the insurance will be left mostly intact. Contract will not be turned down and the company and union can wipe their brows and go back to business as usual.Except for the FBI that is. 

Well,from what GM has let out to its employees about its offer,would it pass at Ford?One question I would ask is how big are the pay raises/bonuses?They better be at least 1.5% a year.No change to good health care benefits and as a matter of fact, improved benefits for people with autistic children and chiropractor care is good.One big difference between the 2 companies is that Ford has not mentioned closing any plants.GM and the IUAW seem to have some animosity going on and it would be difficult for the CEO of a large corporation to negotiate with union officials who are under FBI indictment {yes,innocent until proven guilty}but still it would be a distraction.I would keep Gary Jones out of direct contact with Company Management."Dont stand too close to Me",The Police.The mistake that the company is making is in underestimating just how much negative emotion a strike causes.The union and company take for granted how reliable and how much crap the workers tolerate on a daily basis just to get inside the plants and do their job.Right now GM is NOT in control of its profitable North American operations.Tell me how you lik dat,mother fucker?Us autoworkers are a pretty rugged bunch and sometimes you just gotta say,,to the Company and the Union-----FUCK IT.I would probably vote Yes if the raises were at least 1.5% a year and the signing bonus was 10 grand.Good-Luck to the strikers,hang in there!

Edited by Fatso

10k would be nice if it isn't half of our profit sharing. With all the money Ford is dumping into the train station and the New Ford Village in Dearborn I think they can do better than 10k. I  could live with the 6% raise over the 4 yr contract. That might bring us up to our 2008 pay level.Main thing is work and job security. Romeo has no work and probably going to close. Vandyke don't have much work,enough for about 600 people on days only. It will just get worse once we stop making cars. 

1 hour ago, MTP'er said:

1.5% that's a definite no vote for me. Nothing less that 3% per year. 

I have come to find out that,according to the Detroit Free Press,GM is offering 2% a year,every year,either in lump sum or direct increases.I am not the best barometer of what should or is gonna happen.I realize that thousands of my union brethren have concerns that I don't have.Talk to me,,,,get me pumped.I was gonna settle way too easy.Yeah,make it 10 grand and no change to health care,fully fund VEBA,free cup of coffee,3% raises each year!

32 minutes ago, doomed said:

It's the same people in the same building.

Yeah but one of them declared Hillary Clinton the winner in Michigan in 2016 at like 8:30pm and to this day still hasn't formally retracted that statement, and in fact doubled down on it the next day. I'll give you a hint, it wasn't DetNews. Their credibility has been shot in my opinion ever since. 

Plus us they still employ noted anti-union picket line crosser Mitch Albom(b). 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

What difference does that make?

If everyone worked the assembly line, there would be nothing to build.  Heck, there wouldn't even be an assembly line!

The point is who gives a fuck that salary pays 15% for their healthcare WE assembly workers are the ones tearing up our bodies working 11+ hours a day on an assembly line. What are you a salary person? 

31 minutes ago, cecilmeyer said:

The point is who gives a fuck that salary pays 15% for their healthcare WE assembly workers are the ones tearing up our bodies working 11+ hours a day on an assembly line. What are you a salary person? 

No...the point is no worker in any industry should be paying 15%-25% of their healthcare, while executive pay balloons like it has the last 30 years.

• Like 1