GM/ IUAW contract negotiations

Fatso

5 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

If you don't care how much they pay for healthcare, then why do you care how much their raise is?  The true point is, what they make has zero affect on you, so don't worry about it.

Worry about you and nobody else, and you'll be a lot happier.  Don't be jealous because someone gets to sit in the A/C at a desk and work their brain while you work your body.  They chose to go to school, get a degree, and have the luxuries that provides.  You made a different choice.  Deal with it, or make things better for yourself.  Don't hate on someone else because of your choices.

I don't care you need to learn how to read. The point was made salary pays that much. Guess what the vast majority of salary people are assholes so why you are defending them is beyond me.I believe healthcare is a right do you? As far as dealing with I'm just fine thank. Please go to the salary section to bootlick. And just a little info to you I work in the A/C so thanks for your concern LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, cecilmeyer said:

I don't care you need to learn how to read. The point was made salary pays that much. Guess what the vast majority of salary people are assholes so why you are defending them is beyond me.I believe healthcare is a right do you? As far as dealing with I'm just fine thank. Please go to the salary section to bootlick. And just a little info to you I work in the A/C so thanks for your concern LOL

Cecil you are "cool" with me.YES,I try to work with everybody and in my classification I have to interact with salaried people on a daily basis.Some are professional and some are not and some turn into narcissist who enjoy berating and abuse just because----THEY CAN get away with it because the union has turned compliant and I need my J-O-B more than I need to wrestle with a 3rd class hillbilly on the shop floor.The main issue is not what does salary get vs what do we get.The issue is what will we get.

Asking around where I work and 3% raises/lump sum each year,expanded healthcare with no co-insurance fee, plus 10 grand signing bonus and its,,,"Camp Town Ladies sing this song,,,DO-DAH,,,DO-DAH".We all be so happy we wont even notice what we are giving up in the local contract!BAM-A-LAM!

• Like 2

On 9/19/2019 at 8:02 AM, doomed said:

10k would be nice if it isn't half of our profit sharing. With all the money Ford is dumping into the train station and the New Ford Village in Dearborn I think they can do better than 10k. I  could live with the 6% raise over the 4 yr contract. That might bring us up to our 2008 pay level.Main thing is work and job security. Romeo has no work and probably going to close. Vandyke don't have much work,enough for about 600 people on days only. It will just get worse once we stop making cars. 

I keep hearing this shit about the train station. Get over it. You fools seem to think the company cannot do anything without the unions approval. 

How Ford spends it's money isn't our business. 

The union is there to get us fair pay and benefits while making sure workers are not mistreated. They are not Ford's financial planners. 

You whining about the train station is like Ford crying if you spent your profit sharing on hookers and cocaine. It's your business and not their's. 

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

So your a fuck you I got mine type of guy and cry me a river that I work 11 hours a day on an assembly line? Alrighty! 

Uhm no.... My point is is that management does not injure their bodies like line workers. THERFORE their medical cost are not the same. Line workers end up paying much more for their medical. Through missed work. And guess what.... management sets up the jobs that end of injuring workers so sympathy for these assholes I think not. What are you salary? Just what  do you do for a living? You cannot be a be an autoworker with that kiss ass management attitude.

Reading all I can about the GM negotiations,the company is playing hardball.Had Ford been the target,I doubt if we would have been offered much different.If we go on strike I think its like 4 hours a day of strike duty,every other day.GM plant in Mexico that assembles the Silverado is now idle due to parts shortage.Now we wait until GM dealer inventories get low.Meantime GM is paying healthcare to the strikers?This whole thing might have been orchestrated to benefit both the company and the IUAW.What are we toothless "pawns"?That was a rhetorical question by the way.The hourly workers,the little guys,always bear the brunt.GM hourly workers are not just striking for themselves.Unions workers help raise the bar for everybody and that includes salary workers as well.

Edited by Fatso

20 hours ago, Pioneer said:

Why are you posting in the employee section? 

Just ignore the guy and get back inside the paint booths until I say you can come out.Keep Smilin!:confused: "The dam thing gone wild-BAM-A-LAM!"

Edited by Fatso
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

looks like a good weekend to vote on a contract........IF WE HAD ONE TO VOTE ON!!!!!

I wish the strikers at GM all the luck.They are striking for us too because the financials that are agreed to when that contract is finally settled will become the pattern agreement.The company is playing hardball.From what I can gather the issues facing the ,Temps and lower tiers are getting the most attention.Now we wait until GM supply of Silverado pick-ups get low and when they do,buyers will simply move on to Ford and other competitor`s brands.

We need to do more for the lower tir workers. One day they will out number us Legacy workers and will remember how we screwed them by not sticking up for them. We should have NEVER passed the contract when we agreed to allow lower paid workers. Everyone should be paid the same...not have 3 or 4 different tirs of workers.

1 hour ago, Sterling Archer said:

We need to do more for the lower tir workers. One day they will out number us Legacy workers and will remember how we screwed them by not sticking up for them. We should have NEVER passed the contract when we agreed to allow lower paid workers. Everyone should be paid the same...not have 3 or 4 different tirs of workers.

Nah, fuck us. We don't matter, haven't you heard?

imagine if they based our pay on job performance, a lot workers at CAP would be lucky to make min wage.

I would take one for the team and take an early retirement with a pension buyout to give the company more wiggle room to advance the next generation. 

This week would be a great time for them to finally give us something to vote on, anyone else that didn't meet deadlines would of been fired already.

I bet if those GM bargaining sub committees were living on strike funds they would move faster.

As far as the lower tiers and temps go,,,,,,one point that was made to me,,,,is that when they hired in,,,they KNEW the score.Okay,the union says strike I strike.Not gonna matter much to me and DAMMIT I am union man and for the sake of solidarity and realizing that some old time bad-ass, mother lovers did it for me,I will gladly go on strike,if called for.Now lemme ask you dis,,,,,in the future contracts would the temps and lower tier strike to support me?For a fully funded VEBA?Being a strong union member requires a person to have "character".The retirees and future retirees have been paying for the last 2 contracts.We stick together,,,,we win.watch this shit,as GM {big,big,rich,corporation,who prepared for this} sees its supply of Silverado pick ups dwindle,,,,how you like dat,Mary?Hey ,Ford Motor ,made WITHOUT your tax dollars,announced a sale on pick ups today!WHOOAAA GM,,,,,,,BAM-A-LAM!

Edited by Fatso

On 10/4/2019 at 7:36 PM, Sterling Archer said:

Oh PLEASE,,,,,,,there may not even be a company to work for,if those concessions allowing multiple tiers and temps were not implemented.Autos exists in a competitive industry.See GM on strike?Is that enough of  "sticking up for them" for ya?Besides any legacy employees get a written,guarantee that those that are temps and lower tier will always stick up for us?

Edited by Fatso

legacy has been doing for lower tier and temps for a decade with only a 3% raise, best thing legacy can do for those lower tier and temps now is take an early retirement.

I feel part of the reason for the delay is once there's ratified contracts the restructuring of our IUAW begins, I think they are stalling long enough to get a game plan for what comes next. 

• Like 2