'20 Escape First Drive Review

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

I'm surprised there's no ST Line or ST trim for Escape here, especially as a way to differentiate further.  I guess they feel Escape buyers aren't wanting that type of model?

I would be all over an ST model. I'm probably going to go corsair or escape depending on test drive and deals. Explorer is nice but don't think I can justify the extra size/price. Wife and my father in law already have edges (thanks to me lol)

Edited by Maegar

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I'm surprised there's no ST Line or ST trim for Escape here, especially as a way to differentiate further.  I guess they feel Escape buyers aren't wanting that type of model?

I saw some where that the vast majority of Escape buyers are women-so might not be a market for them

Maybe we will see something for the Baby Bronco, which seems like it would skew more towards a male demographic?

38 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I saw some where that the vast majority of Escape buyers are women-so might not be a market for them

Maybe we will see something for the Baby Bronco, which seems like it would skew more towards a male demographic?

I wonder how Explorer skews?  I'd imagine it's pretty heavily women too, though they justify an ST for it?

I'm sure we'll see some sort of more performance oriented version of baby Bronco.

Maybe it was just a situation where they prioritized baby Bronco's performance model over Escapes, and maybe we'll see one with a refresh or something.

On 10/8/2019 at 12:14 PM, Maegar said:

I was looking at the Mazda cx5 too, but I don't like that you don't have a touch screen when driving - you have to use a knob ?

I had a CX5 rental and I was impressed by the quality of the materials used in it. The only thing I didn’t like was the contour of the seat, which didn’t fit me particularly well, and the lack of touchscreen. It drove nice, but was not particularly powerful. All in all, a nice vehicle. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 10:14 AM, Maegar said:

I was looking at the Mazda cx5 too, but I don't like that you don't have a touch screen when driving - you have to use a knob ?

You can use the touchscreen while driving. All you have to do is go into the dealer service menu (see YouTube) and turn on the touch screen.  Did it to mine two years ago and it’s worked flawlessly. Truthfully, I hardly ever use the touch screen. The knob and button system is quite intuitive and becomes second nature. . 

Where is the advertising for the escape? I haven’t seen a single commercial for it. How are they gonna sell it if no one knows about it?

My dealer got their first one in the other day. It’s was a red se. the wheels look really small (it had the base wheels). The interior still had all the plastic on it so I couldn’t see much but from what I could see it looked better than the pictures. Exterior was about what I expected, looks boring and dated already. This vehicle would have fit in better if it came out around 2013-2015 when that face was being put on the fusion and focus for the first time.

Edited by T-dubz

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I saw an SE yesterday with paper plates on it-Dark colors do not do the new Escape any favors-bland city. This was the second black one I saw. 

I agree. I saw one in a turnaround lane while I was driving to work on Friday. Didn't occur to me what it was until it was behind me. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

My local dealer had white, black, and a red on the lot.  I thought they all looked fine in each color.  I'm not a fan of the longer hood. But I could live with it.

I was really hoping to look at the Corsair they had.  But it was inside and dealers are closed on Sundays here.