2020 Explorer ST tuned !

3 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

Member on the Explorer forum has a 91 tune at 2500dt and got a 4.89 0-60.

The real question is..  how much can this 10r60 take.

Had no idea there was a 10R60 but it makes sense especially for the 2.3L leaving the 10R80 for the 5.0L and 3.5LEB.   But it seems to me that the 3.0LEB would need the 10R80.

The performance results are nearly identical to those of my Continental which has a pretty mild tune.     The 10 speed auto would be vastly superior to the 6 speed in my Conti for the quarter mile but the Explorer is heavier.    I agree that there is more to be had with the Explorer if they want to tweak the tune a bit.

34 minutes ago, MY93SHO said:

I did a Google and YouTube search and I can't find a 10R60.

Typo?  If not fill us in on this 10R60.

I found several references to 10R60 but no details.

e.g.  https://www.sae.org/news/2018/12/2020-lincoln-aviator-la-auto-show

Aviator debuts Ford’s first RWD/AWD vehicle platform, coded CD6, that was engineered from a clean sheet to support both conventional gasoline-ICE and plug-in hybrid models. It also features the much-anticipated electrified variant of Ford’s 10R 10-speed automatic transmission, which will also be used to “hybridize” the F-Series pickup. Known internally as MHT (modular hybrid transmission), the electrified 10R packages the e-motor on the input side, between the engine and gearset. It retains its torque converter. Non-hybrid Aviators will use the conventional 10R60 unit.

16 hours ago, tbone said:

It seamed like a fairly mild tune to get to a 4.44 0 to 60 time.  I’m curious to hear what some of our performance minded posters have to say about this. 

I don't get to spend any time around dyno's, but at the 11:35 mark, it sure looks like it wants "off" those rollers!

HRG

Sounds like the 8F57 and 10R60 are a good match for engines up to 380/ 400 lb ft

but for engines and HEV producing more, the 10R80 just adds that extra comfort level.

The 10R60 could be as simple as a few less clutch plates  for less internal drag

Edited by jpd80

1 hour ago, CoolScoop said:

Piecing together the scant web info on the 10R60, it appears it's in all Explorers/Aviators except the PHEV models (Aviator GT and Explorer PHEVs for Europe).... looks like they get the 10R80.

My guess is the 10R60 is new for Explorer/Aviator and will probably show up in all 2.3LEB RWD vehicles on their next refresh. 

28 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

That's what I said lol

Oh ya I see it now... guess I should have read the Police Interceptor thread before wasting time doing web searches... didn't even realize I could just clink on your post above to take me there until now, lol.  I also forget that already washed my hair while showering somtimes... pretty often actually, lol.

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 1