Lincoln MKC foldable mirror repair (need a tech)

sanman68

So I spent my night tonight taking apart my passenger mirror on my 2015 Lincoln MKC. It is the automatic folding type, heated, and has  BLIS, and probably other stuff I can even think of. Anyhow my mirror closes just fine but when it opens it goes past the stop for straight out and the mirror ends up pointing to the front of the car. By taking the mirror apart as far as I did I realized the entire top painted surface is removable and could be put on another mirror. Great no paint. What I need to know is where is the stop for normal driving position? It obviously is somewhere in the bottom piece. Can the stop be serviced and or repaired? These mirrors have a simple job to do and are very expensive for what you get. I really want to fix the one I have.

Thanks

Sanman

On 9/21/2019 at 11:07 PM, sanman68 said:

So I spent my night tonight taking apart my passenger mirror on my 2015 Lincoln MKC. It is the automatic folding type, heated, and has  BLIS, and probably other stuff I can even think of. Anyhow my mirror closes just fine but when it opens it goes past the stop for straight out and the mirror ends up pointing to the front of the car. By taking the mirror apart as far as I did I realized the entire top painted surface is removable and could be put on another mirror. Great no paint. What I need to know is where is the stop for normal driving position? It obviously is somewhere in the bottom piece. Can the stop be serviced and or repaired? These mirrors have a simple job to do and are very expensive for what you get. I really want to fix the one I have.

Thanks

Sanman

Hi Sanman. What fordtech1 advised. I know the instructions for re-calibrating the mirrors on my 2018 MKZ are in my Owners Manual. Check yours to see if the instructions are also in your Owners Manual. Maybe it will cure your problem.

Let us know how you  make out and good luck.