Delivery time for Aviator

unbeatable

I have an Aviator on order and is scheduled for production in early October.  For those of you who have ordered and received your car, I was wondering how long delivery took after your production date.  Sounds like it may take a while given some of the QC issues coming up in the news and having to fix them before delivery.

30 minutes ago, unbeatable said:

I have an Aviator on order and is scheduled for production in early October.  For those of you who have ordered and received your car, I was wondering how long delivery took after your production date.  Sounds like it may take a while given some of the QC issues coming up in the news and having to fix them before delivery.

Hi unbeatable. It is essentially impossible to answer, without a crystal ball, since everything is in flux right now.

It all depends on how quickly the production line problems are corrected. Due to the current quality control issues being addressed post-production, deliveries are delayed. That also means accurate future delivery time estimates would be impossible. However, the hope is that those production line QC issues will be corrected ASAP. If they are, then no more post-production repairs, putting delivery times back on track to be "normal".

Hope you get your new Aviator soon. Good luck.

I've been watching a lot of dealer orders via VIN and it seems that ones built around now are shipping pretty quickly.  Mine was built on 7/19, just past the recall dates and it was still held up for 2 months.  I just noticed it was released to ship today.   They usually say about 6 weeks from build to delivery - in normal production, which hopefully they are on now.

Thanks for the feedback.  The dealer told be 10-12 weeks from when I ordered it, so hopefully its not another 2 months after the production date (that'd put me closer to 20 weeks).  

jfishetti - How were you tracking your car and noticed it was released to ship?  I'm just going off of updates from the dealer but I have a VIN.

1 hour ago, unbeatable said:

jfishetti - How were you tracking your car and noticed it was released to ship?  I'm just going off of updates from the dealer but I have a VIN.

I actually created a Apple iOS shortcut that i can run (100x a day) and it returns the pertinent data below I want to see.   

Here's the URL you can create to get a data pull of your order.   Just add your VIN a the end (replace "VIN")

https://shop.ford.com/aemservices/shop/vot/api/customerorder/?partAttributes=BP2_.*&vin=VIN

Look on the 2nd line for

"etaEndDate":"XXXX","productionDate":"YYYYY","shipmentDate":"ZZZZ"

Look on the 3rd or 4th line for   

"status":"AAAA","primaryStatus":"BBBB"

etaEndDate is the day it should arrive at Dealer

productionDate is the day it was built

shipmentDate is the day it leaves Assembly plant lot

status and primaryStatus are updated throughout to inform you of the process.

Let me know what you see...

On 9/23/2019 at 12:00 PM, unbeatable said:

I ordered my 2020 Explorer in the middle of March.  It was built on June 20th and finally shipped on September 20th.  I expect it'll be at the dealer the first week of October.

50 minutes ago, jfischetti said:

I actually created a Apple iOS shortcut that i can run (100x a day) and it returns the pertinent data below I want to see.   

Here's the URL you can create to get a data pull of your order.   Just add your VIN a the end (replace "VIN")

https://shop.ford.com/aemservices/shop/vot/api/customerorder/?partAttributes=BP2_.*&vin=VIN

Look on the 2nd line for

"etaEndDate":"XXXX","productionDate":"YYYYY","shipmentDate":"ZZZZ"

Look on the 3rd or 4th line for   

"status":"AAAA","primaryStatus":"BBBB"

etaEndDate is the day it should arrive at Dealer

productionDate is the day it was built

shipmentDate is the day it leaves Assembly plant lot

status and primaryStatus are updated throughout to inform you of the process.

Let me know what you see...

That's awesome!  Mine has a ETA of 1990-01-01 as well and all the other dates are blank.  But I'll keep checking once I get closer to the production date in October.  

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2019/10/03/lincoln-aviator-suv-recall-chicago-explorer-police-interceptor/3830654002/

If you can weed through all the information about everything going wrong with the Aviator, there is this:

"Ford Motor Co. confirmed this week that Aviators are being shipped from the Chicago Assembly Plant directly to dealers now, though the company acknowledged that a number of Aviators shipped 270 miles by truck to the Flat Rock Assembly Plant remain there for post-production troubleshooting."

Hopefully this means they have got the QC issues under control and the cars are rolling out of Chicago with no problems.  

Can someone help me. My primary status says “in transit “ and my status says “arrived”. Does this mean it should be at the dealer? My eta is still saying 10/16. I hate to keep calling the dealer because they have told me they will call when it’s in. Also anyone interested in starting a new thread called new owner experiences? Think it would be great for sharing ideas.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, prodigy07 said:

mustangchief and jfischetti when did you guys order yours?

I put in my request in February, but they did not get allocation for a GT until July.  I have their first Retail Allocation, they did not get a dealer order GT, so I will have their first GT.  It is scheduled for the week of Nov 11.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Took delivery on 10/31. Car was delivered to us with some obvious defects. 1) Rear console screen is totally blank/bad/broke on delivery 2) glove box light not working 3) one of the four exterior door handle light not working 4) sunglass holder trim module is hanging partially outside the roof panel   

These defects were found while driving of the dealer lot, we then just went around the block and returned to show the dealer that the car had several defects. We were Quite dissapointed, but not angry. They offered to give us a rental and fix the car, but we waited too long for delivery and wanted to finally use and enjoy the car. 

We ordered originally in April 2020 and had a VIN # ending in the 1300  ( actually it is VIN 1388) with an expected delivery date on the ford computer of 8-20-19. By end of October we started to get irritated that the car was 2 months late. The dealer conceded that we were being more than patient and was able to get an identically colored and optioned Aviator from another dealer 30 miles away in Long Island. Turns out our first car was sent to Flat Rock MI from the plant in Chicago to be fixed due to major assembly issues.

The first car had a VIN ending in 1388. The first car had a build date of 7/26/19 THAT CAR went to Flat Rock MI to be fixed but two months later it was still never delivered to us. 

Our replacement car that we took delivery has a Vin ending in the  8700's. it has a build date of 9/18/19 and we took delivery on 10/31/19 but this car was already on another dealers lot as recently delivered inventory and was swapped out by our dealer with the other dealer. 

Edited by Lorac

@corpcog I should have ordered mine at your dealer. I ordered 7/17 and my original production date of 9/23 has been changed every week since then with that latest at 11/4 and I'm still 10000% sure that date is just a placeholder and I LIVE IN CHICAGO. Smh. 

@Husker Fan Trust me I share your sentiments. The good news is that your car was actually BUILT though. I ordered on 7/17 and still don't have a stable production date. My dealer is trying to work his magic, but it seems like there are just too many powers that be. I'm a little frightened that folks are getting their trucks back and they are experiencing ALL of these issues.