Car & Driver is lovin' on the Ridgeline,,,,

HotRunrGuy

5 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

But I threw objectivity out the window when it came time to buy new truck earlier this year. Ford trucks are what I'm familiar with. So I bought a 2019 Ranger. You can criticize me for that. I don't regret my decision though. 

VERY few vehicles are purchased objectively.    There is nothing wrong with buying something that you like.   I bet 95% of vehicle purchases are subjective.

Why do people buy Tacomas over objectively better choices?  Because they're brand loyal or they simply like the styling.   I'm certainly not going to buy a vehicle that's objectively better if I don't like the way it looks or I don't like the brand.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I don't think anyone here would. I certainly won't, I certainly appreciate you contributing to my employment. 

You're welcome fuzzymoomoo sir. I reciprocate the appreciation for the hard work and dedication you and your Ford colleagues put forth to build these new Rangers and get them to customers.

On 9/26/2019 at 2:28 PM, akirby said:

VERY few vehicles are purchased objectively.    There is nothing wrong with buying something that you like.   I bet 95% of vehicle purchases are subjective.

Why do people buy Tacomas over objectively better choices?  Because they're brand loyal or they simply like the styling.   I'm certainly not going to buy a vehicle that's objectively better if I don't like the way it looks or I don't like the brand.

exactly. I really like the features of the ridgeline. The dual action tailgate is cool. I like the idea of bed speakers but not sure if I’d buy it or not. The bed trunk seems like it could be useful too. But the looks of the thing are terrible which is enough to keep me from even considering it. I wish ford was as innovative with the ranger as Honda was with the ridgeline though.

22 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

exactly. I really like the features of the ridgeline. The dual action tailgate is cool. I like the idea of bed speakers but not sure if I’d buy it or not. The bed trunk seems like it could be useful too. But the looks of the thing are terrible which is enough to keep me from even considering it. I wish ford was as innovative with the ranger as Honda was with the ridgeline though.

The current generation isn't horrible like the first generation.  

As for innovation, yeah, it has a lot of cool things, like bed trunk.  I think they have a bit more flexibility with it being unibody.  Wonder what the small Ford unibody truck will offer?

2 hours ago, Anthony said:

The current generation isn't horrible like the first generation.  

As for innovation, yeah, it has a lot of cool things, like bed trunk.  I think they have a bit more flexibility with it being unibody.  Wonder what the small Ford unibody truck will offer?

Like Ford recently released for the Ranger & F-150, the Ridgeline looks much better with a 1-1/2"/2" leveling kit, to bring the front end up.

HRG

jsport-ridgeline-pilot-leveling-kit-installed.jpg

8 hours ago, T-dubz said:

It does have a lot of cool features.....and I like how wide it is. I don't think I could ever buy one either, but I think a new fascia would make it look tons better!