NEXT-LEVEL 2020 FORD SUPER DUTY - 475 horsepower and 1,050 ft.-lbs. of torque

7 minutes ago, akirby said:

I followed the link in post 1 then the link to the 2020 F series product page, then Superduty Tech Specs and the Tech Specs PDF:

What I posted above is page 7.

Here's the direct link:   https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2020/f-series-super-duty/2020-Super-Duty-Tech-Specs.pdf

Nope, can't see what you're seeing. I'm sure once the 2020 RV/truck towing guide is released it will be there.

HRG

23 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Nope, can't see what you're seeing. I'm sure once the 2020 RV/truck towing guide is released it will be there.

HRG

If you click on the pdf link above you don't see what I posted as the last page?   If not you must have a cached older version.

2 minutes ago, akirby said:

If you click on the pdf link above you don't see what I posted as the last page?   If not you must have a cached older version.

I even tried a different computer, using a different browser, and still don't see what you can.

Mom always did like you better,,,,,,,   HRG

22 hours ago, twintornados said:

Sounds good, but Dodg....err, I mean, RAM hit the 1,000 ft lbs mark first so this will not be heralded as loudly....next computer flash from GM will put the Dura motor up or over 1K too...

not sure I would bet on that...I heard a while ago the Duramax was close to its limits...but the Powerstroke still had plenty in reserve....so remains to be seen...but god almighty 1050 ft lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Deanh said:

not sure I would bet on that...I heard a while ago the Duramax was close to its limits...but the Powerstroke still had plenty in reserve....so remains to be seen...but god almighty 1050 ft lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You would think that the last of the Big 3 pickup truck makers with a diesel power option will "turn up the heat" and re-do the block in CGI (currently, still cast as 'grey' cast iron)  so they can best their competition.  What say you @CGIron??

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

Maybe their new partner Navistar can rework the 444 for them

?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, twintornados said:

You would think that the last of the Big 3 pickup truck makers with a diesel power option will "turn up the heat" and re-do the block in CGI (currently, still cast as 'grey' cast iron)  so they can best their competition.  What say you @CGIron??

I say that Duramax is in a heavy state of backlogging due to their stubborn ideas about NOT letting the CGI in instead of their almost antique  grey iron. 

On 9/26/2019 at 1:22 PM, twintornados said:

Sounds good, but Dodg....err, I mean, RAM hit the 1,000 ft lbs mark first so this will not be heralded as loudly....next computer flash from GM will put the Dura motor up or over 1K too...

It's a little more than a flash away. Ford did a lot of work on this 3rd generation. Upgraded oiling system, higher fuel pressures, new turbo design, more compression with steel pistons instead of aluminum.

The Ram is way down on hp compared to the Ford. And they still have a 6 speed compared to the other 2 brands having 10 speeds.

Edited by MY93SHO

On 9/26/2019 at 1:17 PM, akirby said:

I followed the link in post 1 then the link to the 2020 F series product page, then Superduty Tech Specs and the Tech Specs PDF:

What I posted above is page 7.

Here's the direct link:   https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2020/f-series-super-duty/2020-Super-Duty-Tech-Specs.pdf

Well, something is different today. When I click on that link, the pdf is now 8 pages, with the SCab and SCrew 5th wheel/Gooseneck shown on page 8.

All is good with the world.

HRG