news coming....

get ready for some updates on the new stuff...Bronco...2 door and 4, removable doors and YES manual and Auto...and TWO drivetrains. Mach E...two battery packs, starting around 45k...0-60 sub 3.5. Good stuff is a coming....probably only a matter of time before hazy photos are released...someone you KNOW snuck some shots when dealer principals were at the meet.

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Let’s see the pics! So two battery packs. I wonder if the smaller one will get at least 300 mile range. I remember someone from ford saying that’s the range people fee comfortable with.

That would have to be the larger one.  Smaller one is probably 150-200.

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

get ready for some updates on the new stuff...Bronco...2 door and 4, removable doors and YES manual and Auto...and TWO drivetrains. Mach E...two battery packs, starting around 45k...0-60 sub 3.5. Good stuff is a coming....probably only a matter of time before hazy photos are released...someone you KNOW snuck some shots when dealer principals were at the meet.

Thanks Dean, your contributions and insight are always appreciated!

don't quote me on this, but was told the baby bronco wasn't as sporty as the released "shots"...that said my Principle says it was hid behind something else he was more interested in...my gut tells me the photos of the orange unit shown before should be close...

1 minute ago, Harley Lover said:

Thanks Dean, your contributions and insight are always appreciated!

I know its third hand, but our Principal is REALLY low key and mellow...and he was excited....the Mach E is apparently going to be sold as an MSRP unit with Dealers getting re-imbursed ala A plan style. Fords version of Teslas sales model?...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deanh said:

don't quote me on this, but was told the baby bronco wasn't as sporty as the released "shots"...that said my Principle says it was hid behind something else he was more interested in...my gut tells me the photos of the orange unit shown before should be close...

Most of its direct competition's similar products (Jeep) aren't that sporty either; if it's a credible competitor (but superior) to what's in the market, that will do the job. The honest to God Bronco is where Ford has to bring the heavy hitting.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Deanh said:

hopefully it doesn’t deviate too much. I thought it looked perfect the way it was. Making it less sporty seems to go against the 2 vehicle strategy.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Because I know my corporate overlords are watching, let the record reflect it wasn't me :hysterical:

apparently all cell phones were requested to be put in pouches.....$10 bets SOMEONE snuck something...but part of me hopes not, as Ford has stated vehemently after releases in car and Driver, R and Track etc etc  that if the release of said "espionage" continues, they will halt the previews full stop!.

4 hours ago, akirby said:

I suspect most of that is unique to CAP and retooling and probably won't happen at another plant.  But it is possible.

A lot of the Explorer issues sound to me to be due to the new CD6 platform and not assembly. Seems as if Ford may have needed another few months to sort out problems before production began. 

4 hours ago, Deanh said:

I know its third hand, but our Principal is REALLY low key and mellow...and he was excited....the Mach E is apparently going to be sold as an MSRP unit with Dealers getting re-imbursed ala A plan style. Fords version of Teslas sales model?...

Thats good/great idea for everyone involved

20 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

As for the removable doors on the Bronco-is there some sort of harness disconnect, or its going to be all manual hand cranks etc ?

I don't see them using manual hand crank windows, though I can see that being an option. Even with crank windows there's still going to be power locks and speakers and crash sensors that will need to be disconnected. How does Jeep do it? That's probably similar. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I don't see them using manual hand crank windows, though I can see that being an option. Even with crank windows there's still going to be power locks and speakers and crash sensors that will need to be disconnected. How does Jeep do it? That's probably similar. 

HRG

2 hours ago, Trader 10 said:

A lot of the Explorer issues sound to me to be due to the new CD6 platform and not assembly. Seems as if Ford may have needed another few months to sort out problems before production began. 

Misaligned trim and bad paint doesn’t sound like a platform problem to me but I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Misaligned trim and bad paint doesn’t sound like a platform problem to me but I could be wrong.

You’ve forgotten about the chassis, transmission, suspension, and air conditioning issues that have been highlighted in stories from nearly every automotive site? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Don't suppose there was any Mustang related news at all? (I'm assuming it's a little early for any refresh/S650 news?)

Well from the rumor mill the Mach E is going to be a 4 door Mustang in all but name. It will have Mustang badgeing on it. 

If anything we won't hear about the refresh till end of next year I have a feeling. Its supposed to get a Hybrid in some fashion and would come after the F-150 and Bronco. 

• Like 1