news coming....

9 hours ago, Trader 10 said:

You’ve forgotten about the chassis, transmission, suspension, and air conditioning issues that have been highlighted in stories from nearly every automotive site? 

If they’re x-raying the chassis that’s a manufacturing issue not engineering.

I’m sure it’s a mixture of new platform and assembly problems.  Didn’t mean to imply it was 100% assembly.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, J-150 said:

Is the dual battery thing just 2 packs? Or is it an option of single or dual?

If it's that latter is the dual battery pack for dual motors like Tesla? Regular Mach E single motor and HiPo Mach E with dual motors?

I read this to be that there will be 2 ranges offered (and thus 2 different size battery packs, one for each range). As someone posted earlier, perhaps the 'standard' range is 150-200 miles, and the 'premium' range is the 300+ mile range we've heard mentioned.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

So no hybrid, yet? I think we know its getting the 2.3L I4 and the 2.7L V6 already....

Ill ask...my focus and excitement was bias towards the bronco man trans  and Mach E....lol...in regards to the bronco he only stated initially at least , 2 drive trains...no mention of hybrid.

Edited by Deanh

ok, nothing mentioned regarding hybrid Bronco, There was a2 and 4 door there...he preferred the look of the 4 door, but was open that it may have just been color. Other tid bits...BIG wheel and tire option. Mach E starts at 45k gos up to 60 ish. ( forgive me if I mentioned that before ...just a reflection of my excitement...my story and im sticking to it )

• Like 1

10 hours ago, akirby said:

Most Principals are also the Owner.  I see it described as General Manager.  Just call themGMs or Owners.

It’s VERY common amongst “professional” careers. I work in an engineering firm, I’m titled as a principal (managing principal) rather than as co-owner. 

I think it’s because it sounds better. 

4 hours ago, blazerdude20 said:

It’s VERY common amongst “professional” careers. I work in an engineering firm, I’m titled as a principal (managing principal) rather than as co-owner. 

I think it’s because it sounds better. 

I’ve seen it as an adjective - I was a Principal System Engineer and Principal Network Planning Engineer and most technical jobs have a Principal level.

But that’s different than calling someone dealer Principal as a noun.  Although I guess that’s exactly the same as a school Principal now that I think about it.  Still sounds silly to me.

12 hours ago, averagengineer said:

Mach E will have 2 battery backs, one will be 300 mile long range and the other most likely 3/4 if the long range pack.

45K starting for Mach E? Sigh i was hoping 39-40k starting, 45k is out my price range. 

Give it a year or so after introduction - things might work out such that you would be able to get what you want in your price range. 

12 hours ago, averagengineer said:

Mach E will have 2 battery backs, one will be 300 mile long range and the other most likely 3/4 if the long range pack.

45K starting for Mach E? Sigh i was hoping 39-40k starting, 45k is out my price range. 

56 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

Give it a year or so after introduction - things might work out such that you would be able to get what you want in your price range. 

You need to take into consideration the government supplied incentives to purchase the vehicle as well...

Edited by twintornados

On 9/27/2019 at 11:20 PM, averagengineer said:

Keep in mind that some states also don't charge sales tax on BEVs and you'll save about $100 a month or more in not buying gas-though I'd think your electric bill would go up if your doing home charging. But also you could also get solar (with a tax write off also), but that would be another expense, but wouldn't have to pay for electric in most cases. 

On 9/26/2019 at 3:16 PM, Deanh said:

get ready for some updates on the new stuff...Bronco...2 door and 4, removable doors and YES manual and Auto...and TWO drivetrains. Mach E...two battery packs, starting around 45k...0-60 sub 3.5. Good stuff is a coming....probably only a matter of time before hazy photos are released...someone you KNOW snuck some shots when dealer principals were at the meet.

To put this in perspective, do we know when Ford has/will conduct these additional dealer meetings in which someone might theoretically be naughty and take a few pics?

14 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Keep in mind that some states also don't charge sales tax on BEVs and you'll save about $100 a month or more in not buying gas-though I'd think your electric bill would go up if your doing home charging. But also you could also get solar (with a tax write off also), but that would be another expense, but wouldn't have to pay for electric in most cases. 

My boss bought a Volt about a year ago. I think he said he gets 300 miles per charge. It takes 12 hours to get to a full charge. It costs .18 cents an hour to charge. So, if you do 12 hour charges daily you're spending $2.18 a day to charge. Thats @ $64 a month. 

Edited by K270

5 hours ago, K270 said:

My boss bought a Volt about a year ago. I think he said he gets 300 miles per charge. It takes 12 hours to get to a full charge. It costs .18 cents an hour to charge. So, if you do 12 hour charges daily you're spending $2.18 a day to charge. Thats @ $64 a month. 

That's only if you drive all 300 miles of that charge every day.