news coming....

7 hours ago, K270 said:

My boss bought a Volt about a year ago. I think he said he gets 300 miles per charge. It takes 12 hours to get to a full charge. It costs .18 cents an hour to charge. So, if you do 12 hour charges daily you're spending $2.18 a day to charge. Thats @ $64 a month. 

He might have meant 300 miles per gallon but Volt only has a 50 mile electric range.  Bolt is 200, not 300.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 5:27 PM, Deanh said:

I know its third hand, but our Principal is REALLY low key and mellow...and he was excited....the Mach E is apparently going to be sold as an MSRP unit with Dealers getting re-imbursed ala A plan style. Fords version of Teslas sales model?...

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by this?

On 9/26/2019 at 10:17 PM, silvrsvt said:

As for the removable doors on the Bronco-is there some sort of harness disconnect, or its going to be all manual hand cranks etc ?

I can't imagine they'd do hand cranks.

RMC...apparently they will not be discounted and there wont be an invoice as such...Msrp IS invoice...then the dealers get re-imbursed a % from Ford...much like A plan...which I tentatively applaud...Honda markets a similar way...you are NOT allowed to advertise a vehicle less than invoice.

Edited by Deanh

36 minutes ago, sullynd said:

Jeep has power windows, locks, etc in their removable doors. I’m sure Ford will too.  

Had a Wrangler rental the last two days. It was fun, hoping Bronco captures the fun while being a little more civilized. 

I think you just hit Fords game plan on the head.....that's FULLY what I expect.

3 hours ago, Deanh said:

RMC...apparently they will not be discounted and there wont be an invoice as such...Msrp IS invoice...then the dealers get re-imbursed a % from Ford...much like A plan...which I tentatively applaud...Honda markets a similar way...you are NOT allowed to advertise a vehicle less than invoice.

Exactly what I was told. Plus... when it's unveiled on November 17th and the website goes live, customers can price the vehicle, place a reservation with a $500 deposit and select the dealership they want to take delivery from. The refundable deposit reserves their place in production but if they decide to change their designated dealership, the deposit is refunded by Ford and they lose their reserved production spot. First year production expected to be 40,000 vehicles with half designated for the 10 PZEV states. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Exactly what I was told. Plus... when it's unveiled on November 17th and the website goes live, customers can price the vehicle, place a reservation with a $500 deposit and select the dealership they want to take delivery from. The refundable deposit reserves their place in production but if they decide to change their designated dealership, the deposit is refunded by Ford and they lose their reserved production spot. First year production expected to be 40,000 vehicles with half designated for the 10 PZEV states. 

What vehicle are you talking about?  

5 hours ago, Deanh said:

I think you just hit Fords game plan on the head.....that's FULLY what I expect.

Yeah, a quick release wire harness/connector for locks/windows seems like a pretty easy solution nowadays.

Even a quick release door should be doable with the right engineering. I haven't messed with a jeep up close before so I don't know what their design is like.

The biggest hurdle would be something like airbags, which ford possibly has found a solution for.

8 hours ago, probowler said:

Yeah, a quick release wire harness/connector for locks/windows seems like a pretty easy solution nowadays.

Even a quick release door should be doable with the right engineering. I haven't messed with a jeep up close before so I don't know what their design is like.

The biggest hurdle would be something like airbags, which ford possibly has found a solution for.

Dont even need wires. A contact on the door and a contact on the door frame

16 hours ago, Deanh said:

Ah ok.  Makes sense.

10 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Airbags aren't usually in the door. They're usually in the Seats and/or the roof rail. 

We did see a bunch of patents for "door" airbags (some weren't full doors) and such recently.  But that also doesn't mean they're going to use them.

21 hours ago, Deanh said:

That's not entirely true of Honda. They can't publicly advertise a lower price on tv, radio, or in print. But they can advertise a low price on the cars themselves. Walk into a Honda store and see all the prices on the windshield lower than sticker.

17 minutes ago, blazerdude20 said:

That's not entirely true of Honda. They can't publicly advertise a lower price on tv, radio, or in print. But they can advertise a low price on the cars themselves. Walk into a Honda store and see all the prices on the windshield lower than sticker.

He said less than invoice, not less than sticker.