news coming....

On 9/30/2019 at 6:29 AM, fordmantpw said:

That's only if you drive all 300 miles of that charge every day.

True, but the 300 mile range (or whatever the rating turns out to be) is only under ideal conditions and will drop sharply during cold weather,  pushing costs considerably higher. 

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 2:44 PM, rmc523 said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by this?

I can't imagine they'd do hand cranks.

16 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

So I'm guessing the Mach E wouldn't qualify for plan pricing then?

they may be compensated for with additional rebates....there will most likely be something...….

20 hours ago, blazerdude20 said:

That's not entirely true of Honda. They can't publicly advertise a lower price on tv, radio, or in print. But they can advertise a low price on the cars themselves. Walk into a Honda store and see all the prices on the windshield lower than sticker.

that's at the Dealer  and on site...Honda dealers CANNOT advertise...ie newspaper etc for less than invoice. What dealers do on site is of their own making.

2 minutes ago, Deanh said:

that's at the Dealer  and on site...Honda dealers CANNOT advertise...ie newspaper etc for less than invoice. What dealers do on site is of their own making.

You guys are talking past each other.  You said below Invoice and blazerdude20 said lower than sticker.  2 different things.

5 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Not worried about the dealers, are employees (and employee-eligible family members) going to have to pay the same price as "civilians"?

HRG

I would say yes.   I don't see any way they make this plan eligible.

1 hour ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Well, that's 1 way to keep from having to add a lot of charging stations at corporate facilities,,,,,

HRG

True story. The one (1) charging station at MAP final assembly, you know, where we used to make electric and plug-in hybrid cars, is in a handicapped spot. 

2 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Not worried about the dealers, are employees (and employee-eligible family members) going to have to pay the same price as "civilians"?

HRG

any additional incentives on Plan members are usually in the form of a rebate which shows as downpayment..ie savings. So there will still be significant savings for plan members....speculation I would damn near guarantee....

which is what I guessed, and no doubt it will have to be passed onto the buyer...

Dean - you must not be paying attention.   Dealer Invoice is MSRP.  The spiff check is the only profit the dealer will make on the sale.  It doesn't go to the buyer.

any additional incentives on Plan members are usually in the form of a rebate which shows as downpayment..ie savings. So there will still be significant savings for plan members....speculation I would damn near guarantee....

There won't be any incentives.

We're talking about Mach E, not regular vehicles.   MSRP is dealer invoice.   That's the price the customers pay (unless they allow for ADP markups).   Dealer gets their profit from the spiff check.   There won't be any rebates.

9 minutes ago, akirby said:

We're talking about Mach E, not regular vehicles.   MSRP is dealer invoice.   That's the price the customers pay (unless they allow for ADP markups).   Dealer gets their profit from the spiff check. 

We may have to do the same as the 2020 Corvette enthusiasts are, and publish a list of dealers willing to sell at MSRP,  and expose those who are asking for an ADP.

HRG

12 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

We may have to do the same as the 2020 Corvette enthusiasts are, and publish a list of dealers willing to sell at MSRP,  and expose those who are asking for an ADP.

HRG

That's a good idea.  Hard to say how much demand there will be early on.

9 minutes ago, akirby said:

That's a good idea.  Hard to say how much demand there will be early on.

If I were a betting man, I'd say very strong initially at least. There is a the novelty of a pure electric non Tesla sporty CUV that is reasonable priced that will glad to purchase one from Ford. The Bolt has function but unless you want a 90's econobox look, that's all the big 2.5 have. This being more performance oriented and bigger/more practical, I think it will sell especially with tax credit.

39 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

If I were a betting man, I'd say very strong initially at least. There is a the novelty of a pure electric non Tesla sporty CUV that is reasonable priced that will glad to purchase one from Ford. The Bolt has function but unless you want a 90's econobox look, that's all the big 2.5 have. This being more performance oriented and bigger/more practical, I think it will sell especially with tax credit.

I agree it's likely to be a hit.  It's just hard to gauge the market outside of the Tesla-philes.   But if any vehicle can do it I think this is the one.

On 9/26/2019 at 4:57 PM, T-dubz said:

Let’s see the pics! So two battery packs. I wonder if the smaller one will get at least 300 mile range. I remember someone from ford saying that’s the range people fee comfortable with.

...absolutely not at that price point.  I’d wager around 60kwh-65kWh at the entry-level price point.  

1 hour ago, akirby said:

There won't be any incentives.

We're talking about Mach E, not regular vehicles.   MSRP is dealer invoice.   That's the price the customers pay (unless they allow for ADP markups).   Dealer gets their profit from the spiff check.   There won't be any rebates.

Mark ...or should I say Mach, my words...there WILL be incentives plan customers will be eligible for / receive that regular customers wont. Care to wager?

18 hours ago, Trader 10 said:

True, but the 300 mile range (or whatever the rating turns out to be) is only under ideal conditions and will drop sharply during cold weather,  pushing costs considerably higher. 

...you’re not really comparing like products, though.  My M3P is probably truly on average good for around 240-250mi in mixed driving on $7.50 in electricity.  That is about 3 gallons of gas nowadays.  Find me a car that can do 0-60 in 3.2s and get the gas cost equivalent of 80mpg.  Even if you halved the range (which would never happen where a I live; doesn’t get nearly that cold), you’d still be up by 2x on the game for a similar performance vehicle (figuring 20mpg for a serious AWD performance sedan).

Youre not going to compete with EV in operating cost.