news coming....

2 minutes ago, novanglus said:

...you’re not really comparing like products, though.  My M3P is probably truly on average good for around 240-250mi in mixed driving on $7.50 in electricity.  That is about 3 gallons of gas nowadays.  Find me a car that can do 0-60 in 3.2s and get the gas cost equivalent of 80mpg.  Even if you halved the range (which would never happen where a I live; doesn’t get nearly that cold), you’d still be up by 2x on the game for a similar performance vehicle (figuring 20mpg for a serious AWD performance sedan).

Youre not going to compete with EV in operating cost.

correct me if Im wrong...but Im pretty sure a lot of maintenance savings are made up with more expensive Insurance premiums...I know teslas are quite expensive to insure....( and fires and ignorance towards what Autopilot is and isn't capable of, may be part of the reason )

2 minutes ago, akirby said:

On Mach-E for the first year?  You’re dreaming.

then bets on....on the numbers Im hearing that will be produced there will be some form of re-imbursement to X, A Z D plan customers...can almost guarantee it...well re-visit this when they start hitting lots...

Too many messages in this thread to reply to individually so I'll try to address them in one reply.

• I'm more than surprised that the first year's production of the Mach E is only 40,000 units. This is a Mustang "inspired" BEV that will be a stand out once it's on the road, instantly recognizable as a Ford product and a Tesla competitor at a more attractive price point. Perhaps Ford is being overly conservative with it's projected first year volume but I think the planned production volume will increase quickly once they see the interest and reservations placed after the unveiling, etc. 
  • Forget this "MSRP is Invoice" talk. There is no Invoice price. MSRP is the ONLY price. Period. 
  • Dealers will be paid a commission. It's a commission, maybe similar to A/X/D Plan sales but it's a commission, not a "Spiff" which implies that it's an incentive.
  • Based on what I've been told, the expected average commission paid to Dealers will negate any need for MSRP+ pricing.
  • I doubt that there will be "Plan" pricing available for the Mach E the first year. This will be a limited production vehicle and there will be little need to offer "Plan" pricing until production and sales volume can absorb or justify it.
  • A big factor will be the reaction to this being a "Mustang Inspired" BEV. Imagine a 4-Door Mustang BEV that competes with Tesla at a more attractive price point, is instantly recognizable as a Mustang styled vehicle that can be serviced at more than 3,000 Ford dealerships.  
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Forget this "MSRP is Invoice" talk. There is no Invoice price. MSRP is the ONLY price. Period. 

Dealers will be paid a commission. It's a commission, maybe similar to A/X/D Plan sales but it's a commission, not a "Spiff" which implies that it's an incentive.

Well that was the point - the dealer is charged MSRP and sells to the buyer for MSRP and the profit comes from the commission.  Thus dealer invoice and MSRP are the same.  I’ve always heard the plan commissions referred to as spiff checks so I’m not sure why there is a difference, but if commission is more accurate that’s fine.

10 hours ago, Trader 10 said:

Only if you ignore the higher purchase price of EV’s vs. ICE. 

The average EV shopper will not be concerned of the price gap between EV vs ICE...they will be shopping EV vs EV. Now, when you get into the "mainstream" of the market where a shopper such as myself would consider going EV over ICE, maybe the higher purchase price would be a stumbling block, but a good presentation will likely overcome that. 

16 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

What's the wager? No talk without backing it up!

I don't know what akirbys got on me , but Ill release the shots of him driving a Ferrari on track....its actually a Yugo painted red with a prancing horse emblem silicone to the hood.....lol....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I don't know what akirbys got on me , but Ill release the shots of him driving a Ferrari on track....its actually a Yugo painted red with a prancing horse emblem silicone to the hood.....lol....

Years ago I worked with a kid that bought a red Opel GT, put a Ferrari emblem on the nose, and always called it his "Ferropel"

HRG

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 9:04 AM, Deanh said:

that's at the Dealer  and on site...Honda dealers CANNOT advertise...ie newspaper etc for less than invoice. What dealers do on site is of their own making.

Missed the invoice part of that. Regardless I think it’s a good model to follow. Dealers will likely bitch, but it helps to keep certain dealers from caving the market for everyone else. 

43 minutes ago, Deanh said:

And a VW painted like a Porsche.........

• Like 1

There was a guy that worked for a Circuit City nearby. He had a 2001 or 2002 V6 Mustang. He spent the money to make it look like a Cobra. I was laughing as the transition happened because it wasn't done all at once. I think the front bumper was first. Then the badging.  It did look somewhat decent when it was done. But I've always wondered, why would someone go through the trouble? 

6 minutes ago, K270 said:

There was a guy that worked for a Circuit City nearby. He had a 2001 or 2002 V6 Mustang. He spent the money to make it look like a Cobra. I was laughing as the transition happened because it wasn't done all at once. I think the front bumper was first. Then the badging.  It did look somewhat decent when it was done. But I've always wondered, why would someone go through the trouble? 

It's known as being an enthusiast.

On 10/3/2019 at 5:56 PM, ice-capades said:

• Forget this "MSRP is Invoice" talk. There is no Invoice price. MSRP is the ONLY price. Period. 
  • Dealers will be paid a commission. It's a commission, maybe similar to A/X/D Plan sales but it's a commission, not a "Spiff" which implies that it's an incentive.
  • Based on what I've been told, the expected average commission paid to Dealers will negate any need for MSRP+ pricing.

is there a reason this sales model wouldn’t work for other Ford models, or Lincolns?

On 10/3/2019 at 5:00 PM, Deanh said:

correct me if Im wrong...but Im pretty sure a lot of maintenance savings are made up with more expensive Insurance premiums...I know teslas are quite expensive to insure....( and fires and ignorance towards what Autopilot is and isn't capable of, may be part of the reason )

My wife’s CT6 PHEV is $529 for 6mo, my M3P is $420 for 6mo for the same coverage.