news coming....

On 10/11/2019 at 6:35 PM, Deanh said:

? not sold at all...and that stems from every tesla owner Ive met attempting to convince everyone around them how much better their car is than everyone elses...news flash...its not...same with every enthusiast website or blog...Tesla trolling...Ive been in the car...its nice...the best?...no, Ive been impressed more by other makes and models...owners need to get over themselves , that said...its predominantly the S and X owners with their noses in the Air. And Elon does absolutely no favors to the brands stigma either...I will also repeat what I stated...there are a multitude of cars which offer a more enjoyable driving experience, on the road and on the track that are significantly less money...but Ive yet to see the Tesla model that would level that field from a price standpoint yet...y'know...that $35k odel that apparently got 180000 reservations....ahem. And tell me...how exactly has Tesla "stuck it to the germans"...they all outsell and out profit tesla quite substantially, have better fit and finish, are more upmarket, utilize better quality materials and have a better infrastructure of Dealers and Service facilities. And no offence, sorry to burst your bubble, but this is EXACTLY what I mean about tesla owners....they get on every Car site just to tell people how good they think THEIR car is in comparison with everything else.

...I’ve been a Ford owner for decades.  I’m more of an EV fan than Tesla fan and would love Ford to get in the game and have been bitching about their sluggishness.  So, don’t mistake the superiority of EV for superiority of brand.  Ford’s Mach will outrun just about everything else they make and still cost almost nothing to run, with little maintenance, and far fewer repairs...because the tech is superior.

Lets look at the economics, I’ll use mine because I know them:

1000mi/mo.  Avg: 300Wh/mi. $.10/kWh utility cost. = 300kWh of juice = $30.

1000mi/mo. Avg: 20mpg $2.40gal = 50gal = $120.

And that first car would still mop the floor with the second in performance.  It is a new day.  You can have your cake and eat it too, now.  So, I hope you’ll line up and support Ford with the Mach.  I hope you won’t go around trashing EVs because you’re scared of change.  I’m looking forward to the Mach and might even have on sitting next to the M3P in the garage.

I hope you have a pleasant day.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:58 AM, novanglus said:

...I’ve been a Ford owner for decades.  I’m more of an EV fan than Tesla fan and would love Ford to get in the game and have been bitching about their sluggishness.  So, don’t mistake the superiority of EV for superiority of brand.  Ford’s Mach will outrun just about everything else they make and still cost almost nothing to run, with little maintenance, and far fewer repairs...because the tech is superior.

Lets look at the economics, I’ll use mine because I know them:

1000mi/mo.  Avg: 300Wh/mi. $.10/kWh utility cost. = 300kWh of juice = $30.

1000mi/mo. Avg: 20mpg $2.40gal = 50gal = $120.

And that first car would still mop the floor with the second in performance.  It is a new day.  You can have your cake and eat it too, now.  So, I hope you’ll line up and support Ford with the Mach.  I hope you won’t go around trashing EVs because you’re scared of change.  I’m looking forward to the Mach and might even have on sitting next to the M3P in the garage.

I hope you have a pleasant day.

my angst is aimed SPECIFICALLY at Tesla, how its run and all the bravado and ego centric blabber that deflects from how badly it is run as a company...absolutely NOTHING against EVs at all, barring those that think they are the absolute Hokly Grail...they are not ....although as I stated, I believe ultimately Hybrids are a better all round alternative to straight ICE.

On 10/21/2019 at 12:04 PM, Deanh said:

my angst is aimed SPECIFICALLY at Tesla, how its run and all the bravado and ego centric blabber that deflects from how badly it is run as a company...absolutely NOTHING against EVs at all, barring those that think they are the absolute Hokly Grail...they are not ....although as I stated, I believe ultimately Hybrids are a better all round alternative to straight ICE.

...I own a plug-in hybrid.  A good one.  A sporty one.  One that does a 105mph 1/4 mile.  A CT6.  It can’t hold a candle to my 3 in any measure but rear seat room and high speed cruise range.  If you want to drive 300mi at 90mph, the Caddy will do it.  Other than that, dynamically it doesn’t hold a candle to the 3.  

You know, I didn’t wake up yesterday being a car fan.  I’ve been a car fan for a very long time.  And, as a long time fan I’ll tell you, BEVs are the next gen.  ICE cars are obnoxiously sluggish in comparison and hybrids do nothing but make the input lag even worse.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, novanglus said:

...I own a plug-in hybrid.  A good one.  A sporty one.  One that does a 105mph 1/4 mile.  A CT6.  It can’t hold a candle to my 3 in any measure but rear seat room and high speed cruise range.  If you want to drive 300mi at 90mph, the Caddy will do it.  Other than that, dynamically it doesn’t hold a candle to the 3.  

You know, I didn’t wake up yesterday being a car fan.  I’ve been a car fan for a very long time.  And, as a long time fan I’ll tell you, BEVs are the next gen.  ICE cars are obnoxiously sluggish in comparison and hybrids do nothing but make the input lag even worse.

Way to beat your chest. “Obnoxiously sluggish”...interesting. So you are the guy in the electric car that acts like it’s the Indy 500.

Your vision of the future with BEVs may happen but I highly doubt in the time frame you think it will. Add another 20 years. And while you’re at it ban straws too

• Like 2

12 hours ago, novanglus said:

I rest my case...you just confirmed absolutely everything Ive said about tesla cultists.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 10:24 AM, jcartwright99 said:

Way to beat your chest. “Obnoxiously sluggish”...interesting. So you are the guy in the electric car that acts like it’s the Indy 500.

Your vision of the future with BEVs may happen but I highly doubt in the time frame you think it will. Add another 20 years. And while you’re at it ban straws too

...get used to driving one then go back to an ICE.  They are obnoxiously sluggish in comparison.  I’m just being honest.  Buy one, don’t buy one.  I honestly don’t care.

On 10/23/2019 at 9:24 AM, jcartwright99 said:

Soooo true!  Can’t tell you how many Prius drivers around here that act like they’re drag racing EVERYONE!  Drives me nuts!  I’m just gonna stop there as I feel a rant coming on and I really don’t want to go to that place right now. 

Heads up regarding the E...unveiling next month as we know...but don't expect to see the vehicle for at least a year,,,,, deposits will be being taken of course,,,but 12 months ???? thats too long IMO.

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Deanh said:

Heads up regarding the E...unveiling next month as we know...but don't expect to see the vehicle for at least a year,,,,, deposits will be being taken of course,,,but 12 months ???? thats too long IMO.

Yes it is, making even more puzzling as to what they are doing with the Mexican plant that the Fiesta use to be built at-they are mothballing it for almost a year? That's ridiculous 

3 hours ago, Deanh said:

It was that long from reveal to on sale for Ranger. It was shortly after that Hackett said they were going to close that gap. I guess someone suffers from short term memory loss....

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It was that long from reveal to on sale for Ranger. It was shortly after that Hackett said they were going to close that gap. I guess someone suffers from short term memory loss....

True, but you also had a front wheel drive plant at the time-then again look at the Explorer/Aviator, then again look at the Explorer/Aviator not to do that LOL

Just find it strange that they are basically launching 3 products at the same time next year-

Assuming this:

F-150 Late Spring

Baby Bronco  Summer/Fall of 2020-and going by the info you mentioned before, that means the Fusion and MKZ are gonners next spring?

Mach E: Fall of 2020

Bronco: Winter 2020

18 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

True, but you also had a front wheel drive plant at the time-then again look at the Explorer/Aviator, then again look at the Explorer/Aviator not to do that LOL

In the case of Ranger, they could have revealed it in June/July just before preproduction builds started. 

17 minutes ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

Will the fumble with the Explorer launch cut deep enough to put a damper on the 'freshest' model lineup for 2020, and slow the rollout for other models?  Or did those new models have any extra cushion in their launch timing left?  If the Bronco got pushed back several months once already, that one probably doesn't.

It seems the Explorer rollout was caused by engineering being an on again/off again process with Ford leadership before it was greenlighted and was compounded by workforce issues at the plant and the process used at the plant. If anything lessons learned will be applied to other launched.

8 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

It seems the Explorer rollout was caused by engineering being an on again/off again process with Ford leadership before it was greenlighted and was compounded by workforce issues at the plant and the process used at the plant. If anything lessons learned will be applied to other launched.

Are the workforce issues at the Chicago plant even fixable by management? I get the politics behind picking Chicago for the Explorer/Aviator but in retrospect it might not have been a wise choice, at least as the location able to cope with such a major and expensive retooling in such a collapsed timeframe. So, the lesson learned is not to ever try to do this at the Chicago plant ever again?

On 10/25/2019 at 4:51 PM, Deanh said:

That seems to be Ford's MO lately - show a product, it comes out a year later.  I don't know why it has to be so long, and why they can't line up production closer to the reveal.

20 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

That seems to be Ford's MO lately - show a product, it comes out a year later.  I don't know why it has to be so long, and why they can't line up production closer to the reveal.

Its maddening too because they got it right with the new Escape/Corsair. Showed them at the New York auto show and started building them in early August. 

I've never driven a Tesla, but I've been convinced by enough people that everybody who drives one, absolute loves them.  It's just the nature of GOOD electric drivetrains, they make a huge difference.  ICE vehicles are inherently plagued with mechanical lag, we take it for granted now but once you drive the two you understand immediately.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1