news coming....

With such limited production for at least the first year, it shouldn't take much for Ford to announce soon that production is sold out for the first year. The buyer niche for this vehicle is specific and interest can't necessarily be judged by media reports, hype, etc. including enthusiasts that aren't necessarily qualified prospects or customers for the Mach-E. Quite frankly, in my market the Mach-E interest is minimal if not close to nonexistent. We had one customer reservation early on but was cancelled less than two weeks later. And I have a stack of Mach-E brochures on display in our brochure rack and there's very few that have been taken since they were received from Ford. I'll wait and see what happens when we actually see the vehicle... whenever that happens. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Does A/Z/X plan apply to Mach-E?  If so, it’s relatively simple to get a X-plan PIN these days. At that point, the dealers attempting to make a larger profit would be shit out of luck.  

Yes. A/X/D/Z Plan pricing is available at the time of order.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Does A/Z/X plan apply to Mach-E?  If so, it’s relatively simple to get a X-plan PIN these days. At that point, the dealers attempting to make a larger profit would be shit out of luck.  

Hi 02Mustang GT. Not sure if you think a customer can get an A/X/Z Plan Pin and then renegotiate a prior purchase order/purchase contract that was negotiated without a PIN, so just to add to what icecapades stated:

Dealer participation in A/X/Z Plan sales is completely voluntary, and all Ford/Lincoln Dealers can accept or decline any A/X/Z Plan sale. Therefore, a customer must make it clear they have a PIN and have the contract written up as an A/X/Z Plan purchase when the vehicle is ordered/on a factory order (as icecapades stated), or when the contract is drawn up if purchasing off the lot.

The rules for using an A/X/Z Plan PIN are clearly laid out on the A/X/Z Plan PIN sites.

Unfortunately, we can be sure that some Dealers will try to take advantage of Mach-E sales demand by not accepting A/X/Z Plan sales, marking prices up with ADP's, using high pressure sales tactics, not honoring original contracts etc etc.

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

5 minutes ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi 02Mustang GT. Not sure if you think a customer can get an A/X/Z Plan Pin and then renegotiate a prior purchase order/purchase contract that was negotiated without a PIN, so just to add to what icecapades stated:

Dealer participation in A/X/Z Plan sales is completely voluntary, and all Ford/Lincoln Dealers can accept or decline any A/X/Z Plan sale. Therefore, a customer must make it clear they have a PIN and have the contract written up as an A/X/Z Plan purchase when the vehicle is ordered/on a factory order (as icecapades stated), or when the contract is drawn up if purchasing off the lot.

The rules for using an A/X/Z Plan PIN are clearly laid out on the A/X/Z Plan PIN sites.

Unfortunately, we can be sure that some Dealers will try to take advantage of Mach-E sales demand by not accepting A/X/Z Plan sales, marking prices up with ADP's, using high pressure sales tactics, not honoring original contracts etc etc.

Good luck.

Yep, I am aware, thank you sir.  I use negotiating tactics as well.  Such as I did with our recent 2020 Navigator purchase.  After the first visit and negotiations thereafter, the dealer discount was insufficient, so I used the X-plan PIN to purchase the vehicle at an acceptable price (and avoid silly document/prep fees). If a dealer refused to honor X-Plan after negotiating, I could just travel to one of the other dealers in the area. 

2 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Yep, I am aware, thank you sir.  I use negotiating tactics as well.  Such as I did with our recent 2020 Navigator purchase.  After the first visit and negotiations thereafter, the dealer discount was insufficient, so I used the X-plan PIN to purchase the vehicle at an acceptable price (and avoid silly document/prep fees). If a dealer refused to honor X-Plan after negotiating, I could just travel to one of the other dealers in the area. 

Hi 02MustangGT. Good, then you are an educated buyer and that is a solid negotiation tactic.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

2 hours ago, sullynd said:

we need to pump the brakes here....how can you add ADMS to a car that doesn't exist yet?...seriously....click bait and basic trolling in an attempt to paint Ford and its dealers in bad light...electrek almost seems like an arm of tesla from what Ive seen and read....lots or ra ra tesla articles about how good they are....so, let me introduce you to my friend  Grain of Salt.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

If a dealer refused to honor X-Plan after negotiating, I could just travel to one of the other dealers in the area

Do you have to tie your reservation to a certain dealer when you submit it or are you free to shop around and change dealers before placing the final order?  Will there be any complicated dealer allocation limits for the Mach-E?

Edited by CoolScoop

3 hours ago, Deanh said:

we need to pump the brakes here....how can you add ADMS to a car that doesn't exist yet?...seriously....click bait and basic trolling in an attempt to paint Ford and its dealers in bad light...electrek almost seems like an arm of tesla from what Ive seen and read....lots or ra ra tesla articles about how good they are....so, let me introduce you to my friend  Grain of Salt.

I remember a conversation not unlike this on the Ford ESP sticky thread where a guy was complaining

about his dealer intending to have a big mark up on the Explorer ST before release last year. I think that

blowinsmoke (?) advised that there were lots of dealers not adding mark up and to seek them out.

In any regard, Ford should be watching for dealers who want to gouge their customers.

19 minutes ago, CoolScoop said:

Do you have to tie your reservation to a certain dealer when you submit it or are you free to shop around and change dealers before placing the final order?  Will there be any complicated dealer allocation limits for the Mach-E?

No clue.  Seems the “reservation” process was a way for Ford to gain interest (and deposits)for the product.  At the end of the day, this is a Ford vehicle.  If you are interested, go to a dealer and place an order or purchase one from dealer stock like all other Ford vehicles.  I can place an order for any Ford vehicle today at a dealer and refuse delivery after it arrives (deposit is returned to me).  Can’t imagine the Mach-E is any different unless there are allocation restrictions.  In which case, find another Ford dealer.  

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Right, but there's zero Ford can do about it and if they try the dealers will have a lawsuit filed so fast....

They can incentivize dealers to try and avoid it - it was suggested in this very thread they were going to do that, did it not materialize?

5 hours ago, sullynd said:

They can incentivize dealers to try and avoid it - it was suggested in this very thread they were going to do that, did it not materialize?

yep...doesn't work that way...they can however LIMIT allocation if they frown on dealer practices...so, if you consider potential punishment as incentivizing...then perhaps yes...however, being privy over the years to errant promises to graner additional allocation on in demand vehicles ( read Raptor ) Ive come to the conclusion its all smoke and mirrors...Ford just wants to move metal...they sell a car to the dealer at a set price...what happens from there they really don't care...MOVE THE METAL!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jpd80 said:

I'd imagine buyers would be avoiding dealers that want to charge well over MSRP.

I hear this all the time...the I wont pay over window...great thought...but the answer is always....great...if the cars still here in2 months or so well consider that offer ( Raptors, GT350's, GT500s ) ...slippery slope when it comes to supply and demand. I feel for the customer to an extent...but when a dealer actually has an opportunity to actually make profit on a vehicle, and doesn't, as per the norm, discount the crap out of it...cant say I blame the dealer either...try and shop a GT500 on Trucar, Cargurus, Cars.com....get my drift? 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I hear this all the time...the I wont pay over window...great thought...but the answer is always....great...if the cars still here in2 months or so well consider that offer ( Raptors, GT350's, GT500s ) ...slippery slope when it comes to supply and demand. I feel for the customer to an extent...but when a dealer actually has an opportunity to actually make profit on a vehicle, and doesn't, as per the norm, discount the crap out of it...cant say I blame the dealer either...try and shop a GT500 on Trucar, Cargurus, Cars.com....get my drift? 

So I'm wondering with the pre ordered Mach Es, that those customers would have been advised going in that

their respective dealers would be charging $5k-$10k over sticker price. If that is the case then I'm all good

because it's not something that would be added after the order was placed. My concern is that if you price

gouge BEV customers too much, they'll go down the road to Tesla and then you've lost them.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jpd80 said:

So I'm wondering with the pre ordered Mach Es, that those customers would have been advised going in that

their respective dealers would be charging $5k-$10k over sticker price. If that is the case then I'm all good

because it's not something that would be added after the order was placed. My concern is that if you price

gouge BEV customers too much, they'll go down the road to Tesla and then you've lost them.

well we didn't...we relayed what we were initially told...MSRP....Im hoping that doesnt  change...that said...at MSRP Teslas been gouging since day one...how the hell they didn't have a profitable quarter for eternity is beyond me...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

well we didn't...we relayed what we were initially told...MSRP....Im hoping that doesnt  change...that said...at MSRP Teslas been gouging since day one...how the hell they didn't have a profitable quarter for eternity is beyond me...

Tesla? Money out is exceeding money in.

So Mach E buyers lodging reservations would expect to pay MSRP, if it's above that and by how much 

may or may not  change their decision, I just don't want to see deals fall over and buyers walk away.

16 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Tesla? Money out is exceeding money in.

So Mach E buyers lodging reservations would expect to pay MSRP, if it's above that and by how much 

may or may not  change their decision, I just don't want to see deals fall over and buyers walk away.

they wont given supply will be somewhat restricted....if it wasn't there would be no discussions of addendums...

20 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Not sure what the big deal is.....auto dealers have been doing this for decades on hot selling vehicles....be it a 2 seat Thunderbird, a Shelby Mustang, a Ford GT, and other auto dealers do it with the hot selling Kia Telluride.

I think the issue here is with Ford having used a reservation system, I think people are of the thinking that Ford set the price and that's what it is because it's using a different system than the traditional dealer setup, when in fact, it's the exact same setup, aside from you jumping in line for allocation.

• Like 4