news coming....

6 hours ago, ice-capades said:

There's a difference between perception and reality but there's a parallel with another company... Apple.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/272307/market-share-forecast-for-smartphone-operating-systems/

This is actually an excellent analogy.  Apple was first in smart phones and quality mobil devices.  Through inovative design and clever marketing they quickly created a loyal following that still thinks to this day that nothing else could possibly come close to competing with them... sound familiar?  Many diehard Apple loyalists also believe their devices still have world dominance because they don't feel the need to look around and check out what the competition has accomplished slowly and steadily over the years.  But... the world market share of Android devices produced by many companies to Apple devices produced by one company is now 87% Android to 13% Apple.  The exact same thing will happen to Tesla but their loyalists will never know.  Our first smart devices were all Apple too, but we decided to switch when Samsung got their act together and we're not going back anytime soon.  My wife was issued a new Apple for her work phone and after having a Galaxy she hates using the iPhone.  The Mach-E will take off when it's actually available and the virus thing is behind us... and soon after the floodgates will start opening with more BEV models from Ford and everyone else.  Tesla will still thrive and rightly so, but some day their world market share will be closer to 13%... just like Apple.

I'm not an Apple or Tesla hater and I really admire what Elon Musk has accomplished with all of his companies... he's just like Steve Jobs!  

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 12:19 PM, rperez817 said:

No sir, Tesla is successful because it offers the best BEV products and associated services such as fast charging. No other company comes close.

?....JD Powers thought otherwise...not that that really means anything....put the koolaid down mate.....Im happy for an American company  to do well ( lets not mention all the unprofitable quaters ) but they are most definitely NOT the holy grail...well, to you maybe...but very few others..

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 3:06 PM, jpd80 said:

My cynical view is that Ford will always have a reason as to why Mach E production is constrained

and therefore can charge much more for it. Tell me I'm wrong but this sounds like Ford to a Tee.

Ford had years to get battery supply organised for Mach E but settled on 50,000 because it

didn't know how strong actual sales demand would be, not surprising when the vehicle was

changed massively from the original C-Max BEV.

IMO they are embracing the BEV field in a conservative and correct manner...if you put ALL your eggs in one basket you can either sink or swim...way too  risky....Ive stated the same thing about manufacturers hedging their automotive bets in China...that has trouble written all over it...one day you are making a killing...next you are close to solvency

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sullynd said:

Placed my order today (reserved in November). Changed from White to Red. Can’t wait! (Hoping Bronco doesn’t change my mind)

It will be interesting to see if the rumored Electric Bronco ever materializes... or was that project cancelled?

22 minutes ago, theoldwizard said:

I still don't like the grill, or lack there of !  Which option package includes a black "grill" ?

The GT...but in the grand scheme of things BEVs don't need a grill either. 

I get it to a point-its like looking at a face and then all of a sudden they start coming out with faces with out eyebrows or a nose on it...its DIFFERENT, but I think what they did is a good compromise 

17 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

The GT...but in the grand scheme of things BEVs don't need a grill either. 

I get it to a point-its like looking at a face and then all of a sudden they start coming out with faces with out eyebrows or a nose on it...its DIFFERENT, but I think what they did is a good compromise 

I agree.  I think they made a good compromise with the front.